DJ Now Giving Other Fighters Manlet Advice on how to fight Boring, how not to sell any PPV's

koclem

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Demetrious Johnson advises fellow fighters: ‘You need to work on not taking so much damage’

Demetrious Johnson stresses the need for fighters to avoid taking too much damage and career longevity.

Demetrious Johnson has been fighting professionally for a decade now, but he does not look like a fighter that has been smashed through those years of high level training and competition. At the same time, he has always been vocal about avoiding taking too much damage in his fights.

Mighty Mouse set a UFC record of 11 consecutive title defenses when he submitted Ray Borgat UFC 216. In that same card, lightweight standouts Lando Vannata and Bobby Green fought a three-round war that the former won via split draw, but earned both men an extra $50,000 each for Fight of the Night honors.

Johnson lauded both Vannata and Green, but if it were up to him, he would be making tweaks in their fighting styles.

“I saw Bobby Green and Lando Vannata, and everybody in the back was like, ‘Oh, man, that’s a sick fight!’” Johnson said during his recent MMA Hour interview (via MMA Fighting). “And I’m like, ‘Dude, look at his face, that cannot be good for his brain.’ I’m just honest.”

“I think [Vannata] is an amazing fighter, he has a great game, he comes forward, does a good job mixing it up, great power. But for me, if I was his coach, I’d be like, ‘Dude, you need to work on your wrestling. We need to work on your clinch game. We need to work on not taking so much damage, because I want you to have a long career.’”

For Johnson, what happens after one’s fighting career is far more important than what was endured during their prime, especially if he or she has the reputation of going through rough fights against tough opponents.

“When you’re done fighting, I don’t want to look back at your fights and be like, ‘Oh man, you were such a sick-ass fighter, you did this and this,’” Johnson explained. “I want to look back at your career and be like, ‘Man, you did such a good job of not taking any damage, and look, you have something to show for it. You have a 15-year career, instead of a short three or four years because of all the concussions you’ve taken.’”

“So that’s my whole thing. But those two fighters, amazing. I told Bobby Green, I was like, ‘Damn, dog, you go have that five-piece chicken meal. I was worried about you. You’ve got to duck and move and do some wrestling, homie.’”
16230873_240220063103738_9016314828905512960_n.jpg

What the hell is wrong with working on your defense? Are you seriously trolling this hard?

That thread is bad and you should feel bad

DJ trying to be like Floyd now. Going off on spiels about being boring and not taking damage.

Its a little different if a man hits you or a kid. The damage goes up very quickly with each pound and height increase,much easier to avoid damage the lower you go.
Not all weight classes are created equal :p

It's easy when you're fighting cans. Look at his face when he faces a real challenge. Can't wait to see his face when he fights TJ.

Demetrious-Johnson-UFC-on-Fox-8-Post_9293-478x2701.jpg
7401652f93da9379650d506646f6f300.jpg

TS should talk to Gary Goodridge.

I would expect a fighter to be concerned about things like protecting their brain. As a fan, I can't help but appreciate the guys who don't give a fuck and just bleed.

All these guys have to do is look at DJ's PPV buys and they won't pay attention to any of this

It's easy when you're fighting cans. Look at his face when he faces a real challenge. Can't wait to see his face when he fights TJ.

Demetrious-Johnson-UFC-on-Fox-8-Post_9293-478x2701.jpg
7401652f93da9379650d506646f6f300.jpg

Literally looks like a baseball is lodged in his cheeks. Dom delivered some serious trauma in that fight.

Literally looks like a baseball is lodged in his cheeks. Dom delivered some serious trauma in that fight.
If Johnson keeps going the way he is, he will definitely go down as the biggest can crushing champion in history. The quality of his opposition lately doesn't even exist in other divisions lol.

everything he said Is correct.

Smart fighters are worried about their brain health / Intelligence years down the road.

Hit and don't get hit. Not a lot has changed from boxing.

TS should talk to Gary Goodridge.
A real man!

But he better not start a gofundme like some loser looking for a handout; don't ask for my money just because you stand and banged you should have fought smarter...

P.S. Mighty Mouse is a wuss for being willing to trade blows.

So, it's a good thing to get hit?

Ask Mark Hunt how he feels about this exciting fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back