DJ might break Silva's record, but Silva has 3 huge performances in LHW. Which is more impressive?

I've watched mma since around 2006 and to this day don't watch DJ fights, in the same way I'd stand and watch a bear vs a lion but wouldn't watch two flies fighting over a turd.

You're saying they should rename the division Lion Weight or Bear Weight?

177724f12f4ede57453c4e0eb110b951b886bbc4fda8a1ecc7d8ccc06adf3e7a.jpg

Of course Anderson is much more impressive.

He could really have 14 title defenses if he didn't take out those LHWs and just defended the belt against the next person in like like all the other GOATs did/would have done.

I still believe the the Chris fights were flukes so he could have had 15 or 16 title defenses lol 10 is a good number but the Lutter win should make it 11 title defenses.

He wasnt trolling. Are you a preteen? He was running. He was trying to bait Maia. He did not want Maia to grab a hold of him. But was able to do whatever he wanted to him in the fight? Why didnt he end it then? Because he couldnt.
Flying knee, busted/broke Maia's nose, yeah he was definitely running mate, and he wasn't taking ANY RISKS out of FEAR of being taken down.

Oh yes, and he never got on his hands and knees and taunted Maia, oh no, that NEVER happened.

You fucking idiot.

Anderson running from Maia, LEL!

Has nothing to do with size but I do like your avatar.
I guess it shouldn't have, but DJ would still most probably lose to an Andy Wang or an average sized top 100 pro mma fighter. That is why it is hard to rank a grown man, much smaller than Miesha Tate among the all time greats. I am Not trying to be an ass, or to bash the little people, but I think many feel the same when we talk about the best fighters in the world.

Sherdog shortened the thread title to:
"DJ might break Silva's rec..."
and my dirty mind came up with "..tum"

Beating a contender at your own weight means more than beating the Bonnars and Irvins at a weight class above. Not to mention Silva didn't give up any size at 205.

20090807032425_IMG_0947.JPG

Height and mass are two different things. Bonnar was definitely heavier.

I've watched mma since around 2006 and to this day don't watch DJ fights, in the same way I'd stand and watch a bear vs a lion but wouldn't watch two flies fighting over a turd.

Dude, p4p that fly is a lot stronger than the bear/lion. It would rek the bear/lion if they were the same size man.

I guess it shouldn't have, but DJ would still most probably lose to an Andy Wang or an average sized top 100 pro mma fighter. That is why it is hard to rank a grown man, much smaller than Miesha Tate among the all time greats. I am Not trying to be an ass, or to bash the little people, but I think many feel the same when we talk about the best fighters in the world.

Andy Wang < Cole Miller < Nam Phan < Vaughan Lee < Paddy Holohan < Louis Smolka < Chris Cariaso < Demetrious Johnson

Dude, p4p that fly is a lot stronger than the bear/lion. It would rek the bear/lion if they were the same size man.
But they aren't the same size, and if they were wouldn't move the same as they do so you can't compare them, I weigh 11 stone on a good day so I'm allowed to be critical to a fellow midget.

What? DJ is like the smallest flyweight on the roster and was already a top contender at bantamweight. He already has Silva's lhw fights beat. He just needs the two title defenses.

I mean MM was a top 5 BW who fought for the title and had a very close fight with the GOAT BW. I think that's more impressive than beating Irvin & Forrest Griffin.

If were gonna make a big deal about Silva moving up to LHW for fights I guess its worth noting that Johnson has 3 UFC and 3 WEC fights at Bantamweight. With only 1 loss.
...all that while still working a full time Job!

Little people just don't have it. I'm sorry.

Silva all day. Silva all night. Me love you long time.

As far as I like Mighty Mouse, his record is nowhere near Silva's. He fought guys like Cariaso, Moraga, Elliott, Bagautinov who are average at best and only fought for the title because there was simply no one else. The only truly elite contenders he fought were JoeB, Dodson and Cejudo.

DJ should try his luck at BW a long time ago instead of fighting nobodies. It would make the time to create a logic contender for the flyweights. . And if he lost at BW, it wouldn't change anything, but if he won against a recognizable name... oh man, he'd be talked way more than he is now. Even fighting somebody like Pickett at BW would be much better for his marketing than Xth defense against Cariaso who should never fight for the title.

Anderson fought in the weakest division ever and was on roids.

At LHW he fought 2 cans and a tailor made LHW coming off a brutal loss.

Which is more impressive to you? Having the record of consecutive title defenses or a mix of consecutive defenses and challenges in a class above?

Demetrious Johnson: perhaps the most well rounded fighter ever. No holes in the game. If he beats Reis, he makes it 11 defenses and breaks Silva's record.
FrenchRelievedBlackcrappie.gif
02.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Silva: besides his 10 defenses (IMO it should be 11 since it´s not his fault Travis Lutter missed weight.... here, I said it), had the balls to go up a weight class and risked ending his winning streak (nothing to win, everything to lose), and faced 3 LHW and completely destroyed them:

The most incredible performance ever (imo) inside the ufc octagon (perhaps in all MMA) against former LHW Griffin.
bdFLUGk.gif
anderson+silva+forrest+griffin+knockout.gif

Destroyed Bonnar
silva%20finishes%20bonnar.gif

And a complete annihilation of Irvin in a few seconds.
silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

In b4 the haters talk about his failed test: fuck off, his legacy was already cemented way before that, so don´t bother.
4r3xhw.jpg

What say you, sherdog? Which is more impressive?
Silvia for sure. Johnson fights midgets in a weak ass division. If Johnson fought Cruz, dillashaw or Cody then it'd be a lot closer.

Back