DJ Jackson charged for third degree sexual assault

Don't you bring Terere's name into this. Addiction is a disease. Committing Sexual Assault is not.

Terere has worked very hard to get back to where he is you piece of shit.
DJ is screaming at people on FB and teaching kids classes.

You're an idiot. Jiu-jitsu will always be with him even if he can't compete. And the disease doesn't excuse what actions he did while addicted. Even if you are brainwashed and commit a crime, you still committed the crime. Say he killed someone (he didn't, but say he did). Does being addicted excuse him from that? Of course not. Posts like this are why I rarely post on this forum lately.

And that's fine with me. I don't have a problem with your opinion. I have a problem with you just targeting them like they are the only people who are criminals and do BJJ. Unlike others here, I don't like getting people's names out there for no reason, so I'm not even gonna deal with names. I'm just saying if you're going to ban one criminal, how are you not gonna ban the other? Either you ban one or ban none.

The problem lies with actually drafting the policy of how to prevent someone from competing.

It is clear cut to say "If it can be shown that you have an outstanding warrant for a felony, you cannot compete."

I don't actually believe that people should be banned even if they were convicted and served time. The time served is the consequence. The problem here is that DJ plead to the charge and skipped town. It is unresolved.
All the circumstantial stuff like him driving the kids program van and stuff, that doesn't look good at all. That is something that parents should be considering, but not an issue for the IBJJF. It's beside the point.

If an organization wanted to draft the policy to specify certain crimes, such as sexual assault, to be included in a participation ban even if the person served time for the conviction, I wouldn't oppose it. If they wanted to simply ban all people who have ever been convicted of a felony, well, that would be their call as an organization. I still wouldn't oppose it. I wouldn't be banned, I know that much.

I understand you are playing a bit of a devil's advocate role. I would object to equating a drug felony with a sexual assault felony, but that lies with my personal morals regarding the two different situations. I disagree with drugs being criminalized in general. I believe that drug use and abuse is an issue better resolved by the medical field, and not through incarceration. Even within the drug argument, you must surely agree that a drug dealer is a more of a "criminal" than the person who bought the drug and got caught with a needle sticking out of his arm. I consider that person to be a victim, even if they are simultaneously a "criminal" according to statute.

Anyway, that will be the last from me on this for now. This was a much longer response than I intended, but I think it is a reasonable stance, which requires a bit of elaboration. Note that I am not treating you as a troll, but as a person with a differing opinion. I hope I haven't wasted my time.

I've read all 12 pages but I must have missed what exactly did he do? All I read was guilty of sexual assault and he shouldn't be around kids now.I'm not supporting any of that behavior but doesn't sexual assault include a lot of things?

You can go into your profile settings and change the viewable page count to 30, so you dont have to keep clicking page after page. right now I'm pg 6

and if you find out what he did, then let us know. Until then this here is a pitchfork parade! grrr :icon_chee

He gave alcohol to a minor and reading through the chargers appears he could have sexually assaulted a minor, but I would look for further clarification of that.

Edit: The charges state

"c. The other person is fourteen or fifteen years of age and
any of the following are true:

(4) The person is four or more years older than the other person."

The warrant looks like it's for violating his parole and not paying the court fine. His not paying the fine charge was laid on him in July 2010, which would have been a violation of his parole, and the Warrant was issued August 2010. Makes sense.

Thanks to Georgette Oden for bringing this all to light.

I thought Terere got busted for doing something on a plane. not busted for drugs.

You can go into your profile settings and change the viewable page count to 30, so you dont have to keep clicking page after page. right now I'm pg 6

and if you find out what he did, then let us know. Until then this here is a pitchfork parade! grrr :icon_chee

For those with a stronger grasp on formal logic than I- would this be considered "moving the goalposts?" I don't know how much stronger evidence can get than a conviction stemming from multiple charges and an open warrant... short of him addressing a letter to Sherdog from prison, holding two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of his buddies and Lloyd taking notes, and DJ's grandma to confirm his identity of course.

For those with a stronger grasp on formal logic than I- would this be considered "moving the goalposts?" I don't know how much stronger evidence can get than a conviction stemming from multiple charges and an open warrant... short of him addressing a letter to Sherdog from prison, holding two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of his buddies and Lloyd taking notes, and DJ's grandma to confirm his identity of course.

Vashgun is pretty heavily on the anti-TLI team, so I don't think that was his intention. Stinkoman I think was simply asking if he'd missed any pertinent info.

raising the bar is an informal fallacy, and since no one in this thread has used forms for their arguments, then you can call it. I was being facetious, but I don't think knowing the full story really qualifies for that in this context espcially b/c no one, so far, has really been arguing in DJ's favor.

I've seen all I need to from the Li thread to not be the least bit surprised by this. It's great that it came out b/c the Li thread was losing steam. Now the flashlight is all that much stronger

a) I meant to preface my post with this but forgot... That was an honest question regarding the classification- (not an attempt to attack if it may have been taken that way), so thank you clarifying for me.

b) Regardless, I read Vashgun's post both incorrectly and out of context, with made me double-misunderstand... my apologies.

See here is where the problem comes into play. You say that if everyone here enforces everyone else here to calling the sheriff is a bad idea, then what do all these posts means? You all exposed DJ, yeah, congratulations. Too bad you still have resolved your main issue. The main reason why you insist on keeping this type of threads alive. The best way to attack your main target, which is LI (and not DJ, don't bullshit. Especially you) would be to get him what he deserves first. I mean, this was all for him in the first place wasn't it? Or do you really care about LI and his hustling tactics?

They don't have to do anything. When you compete in BJJ, you are competing in a sport. You are competing or comparing prison numbers or some shit like that. Should tetere and others be banned as well? I thought so. The IBJJF doesn't have to do shit. If you're so scared of competing with guys like this in one of the most prestigious tournaments out there in a COMBAT sport, I'd suggest taking something else up.

Calling the sheriff the first time was the right thing to do. Repeatedly calling to just flood the lines about something they already know about is not. This is an obvious distinction.

Another obvious distinction is that there is a difference between someone who has faced the criminal justice system in the past and someone who is actively wanted by the police and fleeing a warrant.

I know you're just trolling man, but come on.

a) I meant to preface my post with this but forgot... That was an honest question regarding the classification- (not an attempt to attack if it may have been taken that way), so thank you clarifying for me.

b) Regardless, I read Vashgun's post both incorrectly and out of context, with made me double-misunderstand... my apologies.

No offense taken I can see how you thought that. But there is definitely a certain fervor pervading these threads were you ask for me info and then get spitted on a pitchfork for having higher standards. I don't think people are going to be able to really separate DJ from all the LI madness, so it can make it pretty hard to ask certain questions without sounding like you're in bed with Li.

I know i'm guilty of that and there's no way I can readily disassociate this from the Li drama

terere is a (former) crack head. the crime being posession of narcotics..
so why should he not be allowed to compete.

there are criminals in alot of sports who are still allowed to compete.
football being the most obvious

I don't think you understand what fugitive means.

What fugitives are playing in the NFL? What guys have active warrants in certain states so they just don't play in those states because they'd get arrested if they did?

There's a difference between someone who has faced the justice system and someone who is currently fleeing from it.

Calling the sheriff the first time was the right thing to do. Repeatedly calling to just flood the lines about something they already know about is not. This is an obvious distinction.

Another obvious distinction is that there is a difference between someone who has faced the criminal justice system in the past and someone who is actively wanted by the police and fleeing a warrant.

I know you're just trolling man, but come on.

Man, I pride myself on my endurance, but I can't even comprehend the stamina it takes to argue with Chulo.

Just to be clear, we have no idea what the hearing was. The amount of the $2000 bond, identified as for missing a hearing, is the same amount set by that Sioux City report for probation violations and misdemeanors. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should probably wait to find out more before we demand that the IBJJF kick him out as a fugitive from justice. A warrant for a felony arrest is not exactly the same thing as a warrant for bailing on a random minor hearing.

Just to be clear, we have no idea what the hearing was. The amount of the $2000 bond, identified as for missing a hearing, is the same amount set by that Sioux City report for probation violations and misdemeanors. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should probably wait to find out more before we demand that the IBJJF kick him out as a fugitive from justice. A warrant for a felony arrest is not exactly the same thing as a warrant for bailing on a random minor hearing.

Maybe this is just the female perspective, but I don't think anyone who ever was convicted of a sexual crime should be allowed to teach others a sport with such intimate contact. The contact is initially uncomfortable for most of us, especially women in male-dominated gyms, and staying in the gym requires that you explicitly trust the strangers around you to not take advantage of that contact. POSs like this have no place in the sport, it's like letting a prescription addict be a pharmacist.

I don't care what the hearing was about. He probably violated his probation, but it's all the same to me.

He's a dude who fled the state to avoid going to court. He has an outstanding warrant to be arrested in Iowa on sight.

Until he takes care of his warrant, he shouldn't be competing at the Pans.

You're an idiot. Jiu-jitsu will always be with him even if he can't compete. And the disease doesn't excuse what actions he did while addicted. Even if you are brainwashed and commit a crime, you still committed the crime. Say he killed someone (he didn't, but say he did). Does being addicted excuse him from that? Of course not. Posts like this are why I rarely post on this forum lately.

That was the dumber than what those trolls wrote because you didn't read what I said. Everyone says you're a nice guy so I have nothing bad to say to you.

there is a huge difference between being a crackhead and being a sex offender. you can go ahead and hurt yourself all you want with your drugs or whatever. But when you are a sex offender you are hurting other people. that is a huge difference.

also, sex offenders are the have the least chance of being rehabilitated.

Terere suffered for his crimes. Lloyd and DJ are not. They got away with it. That will only make you more arrogant and more likely to behave in that manner.

DJ was in college when this happened.

Seriously I can't believe how people are trying to act like having an active warrant on you in a different state is somehow totally normal. It's only totally normal if you are a scumbag piece of shit that hangs out with other scumbag pieces of shit. Isn't that exactly the problem with TLI in the first place?

Even if it's for a parking ticket, a normal person just pays the fine/goes to court/whatever. A normal person does not say hey fuck it, I guess I never need to go back to Iowa anyway and just flees the state.

If it's not a big deal, he can just go back to Iowa and take care of it. If it is a big deal, then he gets what is coming to him. He has time to fly to Portugal to compete; he should be able to make a stop in Iowa and deal with the justice system.

Acting like this type of stuff is somehow totally normal is exactly the problem. It's what lets sex offenders like Lloyd and his crew slide on by for as long as they have. I've been guilty of letting them slide to some extent too (I knew about Lloyd's 1990 rape acquittal), but by now it should be obvious that this is wrong and it is not normal at all.

Back