DJ Jackson charged for third degree sexual assault

How is Terere not a criminal by the way ... as far as I recall he went bonkers, violently attacked several people on an airplane, and was forcibly deported from the country. He then relapsed several times. I guess he was not given a criminal trial before deportation, but people are acting like he was just smokin' some marijuana in a club and got busted.

It's great to see he seems to finally be on a steady path to recovery, and him receiving his black belt back at the last competition was awesome and inspiring, but I wouldn't exactly place a great deal of trust in the guy.

How is Terere not a criminal by the way ... as far as I recall he went bonkers, violently attacked several people on an airplane, and was forcibly deported from the country. He then relapsed several times. I guess he was not given a criminal trial before deportation, but people are acting like he was just smokin' some marijuana in a club and got busted.

It's great to see he seems to finally be on a steady path to recovery, and him receiving his black belt back at the last competition was awesome and inspiring, but I wouldn't exactly place a great deal of trust in the guy.

The whole criminal thing is just a red herring in the first place to distract from the real issue at hand. Nobody ever said ban all criminals -- that's just a troll strawman. The issue was ban guys who are actively being sought by the police on an arrest warrant.

Terere smoked a lot of crack, went crazy, bit a guy on a plane, got deported, relapsed a bunch, and is supposedly clean now. He got arrested for his plane antics, and he faced the justice system and its due penalty (deportation).

DJ sexually assaulted a 14-15 year old girl, got a lawyer from Lloyd, pleaded it down to a lesser violent crime, got off on probation, broke the terms of his probation, and now is actively wanted in Iowa. It's a completely different scenario.

Acting like they are somehow the same is just a troll move to distract from the real issue. If Terere and DJ both show up at the Sioux County Sheriff Office, only Terere is leaving that night. That's the difference between a guy who has had issues in the past and one who is currently wanted by the authorities.

Letting known wanted dudes compete is pretty much just saying we don't give a fuck about justice.

My thing is anyone with a violent or sexual crime. If you committed, and were convicted of a violent or sexual crime you should not be allowed to teach or compete in combat sports. Again, don't put a diabetic in a candy store.

I'm not defending anybody. People relate me to TLI because I step up when others don't and I tell them what they're ain't trying hear. Yes I understand there is accusations on him and a warrant on him for sexually abusing a girl or somebody. That's one thing. Trying to ban him from the mats because he is a criminal. That's one thing. Only wanting to ban him as a criminal off the mats and not other criminals. That's the problem.

Here is where the problem comes into play. Many people are saying that Tetere isn't a criminal (he isn't really) but in the eyes of the government he still is. I might get caught with marijuana buying for the first time in my life and that would make me a criminal. There is no compassion for fiends or first time users. There is no compassion for anybody, so stop acting like people should have compassion for the 'lesser' criminals. If you're gonna ban criminals ban them all. Don't pull out the less criminal card on nobody.

Btw, if it was up to me, I wouldn't ban people with criminal past. I mean, we're competing in a sport, we're not playing Grand Theft Auto to see who gets more stars. DJ and LI, if found guilty, have no justification for what they did. But other people labeled criminals aren't really bad people, it's other people putting labels over others. Like Balto labeling people who disagree with him and don't let him have his way trolls.

I'm trying to refrain from every replying to you but please demonstrate who said all criminals should be banned from IBJJF?

Even if it's for a parking ticket, a normal person just pays the fine/goes to court/whatever. A normal person does not say hey fuck it, I guess I never need to go back to Iowa anyway and just flees the state.

This type of absolute language is just wrong. It is wrong. You DO NOT decide what a "normal" person does or does not do. You are not an authority over anything. You want to go full ad hom on me, calling me a "piece of shit self-centered deadbeat", nice .... not sure how you are not receiving an infraction for that but there are definitely a distinct set of rules around here ... feel free to reach out and talk to me IN PERSON, in real life.

The rest telling me to move from the country, et. cetera: same invitation. Feel free to discuss your points with me in person.

A lot of you seemingly cannot remain reasonable when you are in full mob mode; the laughable part is that such rabid 'activism' is hardly apt to find itself perpetuated by the same outside of safe confines of anonymous online posting.

Comparing me to convicted sexual assaulters, et. cetera; painting me as a defender of that which I have not defended (EVER); and arguing absolute nonsensical points just for the sake of arguing something.

Percentage of Sherdog f12 regulars who are actually competing at PANs = not enough.
Percentage of Sherdog f12 regulars who are self-appointed Judge Dredds = too much.

- E

This type of absolute language is just wrong. It is wrong. You DO NOT decide what a "normal" person does or does not do.

I don't individually. Everyone does all together. That's why it's called normal.

Just dip out of this thread since you don't seem to want to talk about DJ sexually assaulting a girl and instead want to talk about the apartheid in South Africa or something.

I'm not defending anybody. People relate me to TLI because I step up when others don't and I tell them what they're ain't trying hear. Yes I understand there is accusations on him and a warrant on him for sexually abusing a girl or somebody. That's one thing. Trying to ban him from the mats because he is a criminal. That's one thing. Only wanting to ban him as a criminal off the mats and not other criminals. That's the problem.

Here is where the problem comes into play. Many people are saying that Tetere isn't a criminal (he isn't really) but in the eyes of the government he still is. I might get caught with marijuana buying for the first time in my life and that would make me a criminal. There is no compassion for fiends or first time users. There is no compassion for anybody, so stop acting like people should have compassion for the 'lesser' criminals. If you're gonna ban criminals ban them all. Don't pull out the less criminal card on nobody.

Btw, if it was up to me, I wouldn't ban people with criminal past. I mean, we're competing in a sport, we're not playing Grand Theft Auto to see who gets more stars. DJ and LI, if found guilty, have no justification for what they did. But other people labeled criminals aren't really bad people, it's other people putting labels over others. Like Balto labeling people who disagree with him and don't let him have his way trolls.

Real weak dude. If you had just occasionally played Devil's advocate on one of these threads I might've bought it. The fact you've spent WAY too much time defending Lloyd in seemingly every single thread, trying to obfuscate or misdirect the argument and go off on tangents, etc leads me to believe you are not just some random passer by. Didn't Devnull say the exact same thing, oh just came on here to look at some other thread but 99.9% of other posts he made was defending Lloyd. Come on man, how stupid you think we are?

The funny thing is you've continually tried to paint yourself as the voice of sense in this debate while simultaneously committing virtually every logical fallacy in the book in an attempt to misdirect the argument. This is not a mob, these are not nasty allegations or rumors, they are coming from actual news sources, governmental and law enforcement records, testimonies of people who've actually trained with Lloyd and been part of his super secret club, etc.

It's very obvious you have a horse in this race and who that is. You will keep trying to misdirect this argument, no doubt s I'm not going to bother keeping up with you, I have a life, but I just wanted to make it clear it's very obvious to everyone what you are trying to do. This is the information age, buddy, people see through that shit these days.

Well, it may not apply to this specific matter in discussion, but you brought up 'normal' and absolutes regarding normal, so I feel the need to address. There are times when the justice system is hardly just (or a coherent system). I can completely understand how someone can say "fuck that," and not pay an illegitimate fine or sentence judged against them if it is incorrect. If I am given a parking ticket when my meter is paid and I return to see a ticket and my meter still has fare in it and the ticket is for expired fare then I am never going to pay that ticket. I don't give a fuck if it grows to a million dollars and warrants are put out for my arrest from here to Sri Lanka. I am not paying it. It's called principles (I think).

So your absolutes about normal people are probably correct -- although not right -- because most regular people make a cost analysis before entrenching themselves to a stance. WWWWD? - E

So first you define what is normal, then say if you had an unjust ticket you wouldn't pay it....

No. I will not travel halfway across the nation to have a trial over a parking ticket. What world do you live in? Did you just call someone you do not know a "piece of shit self-centered deadbeat" because you did not agree with them and want to impose YOUR own personal beliefs on them? Class act.

If the system ITSELF is unjust, then woopty-fucking-doo. Wonder what the system had in store for South Africans that went to trial during apartheid. But hey, according to 'Balto' -- Sherdog's very own Judge Dredd -- they were pieces of shit for not showing up to court and getting the death penalty doled down to them by some racist officer of the court. - E

Now you say you just won't travel accross the nation to have a trial. So how is the system UNJUST as you say? It is just, buy you choose not to avail yourself of the means to seek justice. That is YOUR DECISION and thus you should be willing to face the consequences.

"Normal" people face the consequences of their actions and decisions. "Pieces of shit" live by their own rules and use fallacious logic and equivocation to justify bad acts.

And wtf does race have to do with any of this?

Do you know what an unjust justice system is? Imagine you have never heard of it with all of your posts reeking of self-righteousness, grandeur, and self-imposed importance. Cheers. - E

Again, your example doesn't deal with an unjust system. It deals with a just system which you do not want to take part in.

I don't need to face or dispute that which is illegitimate, and neither does any other self-respecting human being. A court has no authority over me if I do not grant them that authority. And I never will.

I don't live under any systems that I disagree with AND am not actively seeking to reform/abolish. Not paying a ticket is NOT grounds for being labelled a "piece of shit"; period. If you think so, you are probably an unreasonable person and I wish not to exchange another group of words with you. - E

What is illegitimate? If I travel to california, get a bunch of parking tickets because of a broken meter, never challenge the tickets, and then still don't pay them - I am a piece of shit.

You do not know what you are talking about. I was not talking to you, nor was I even talking about Mssr. DJ Jackson, BJJ Black Belt. I was addressing a SPECIFIC absolute that was made by a SPECIFIC poster. I quoted and made my rebuttal. You come barreling in with your fucking own two cents, seemingly confused about what I was referring to (even though I quoted and specified that it was because this absolute [with no qualifiers] was made that I was rebutting), and now continuing on about Mssr. DJ Jackson, BJJ Black Belt, as if I were his appointed e-counsel.

U.S. English is not my first language, but I think I do alright (probably better than your ass would do in a second language); thanks for the pointer(s) though, 'champ'. Keep debating your specific points that have nada to do with the argument. - E

I'm glad you have so much respect for "Mssr. DJ Jacskon, BJJ Black Belt." I bet you still refer to Llimp as MASTER Lloyd. I bet he helps out your little youtube channel a great deal :rolleyes:

What are you arguing again? That I should move because I believe that a ticket, issued unlawfully or just in error, should not be paid. I should leave the country, as a decorated combat veteran of THIS COUNTRY, because you say so.

You are a worthless troll. And a complete idiot. - E

U.S. English isn't your first language? What is? British English? Here, I'll type slower for you:

If your country has a system to seek justice, and you choose NOT to use that system, the consequences are ON YOU.

Is that clear enough? E?

Terere is (or was) a criminal. He has served his time though, I don' think people would be championing his right to compete if he was a wanted fugitive.

Also Terere's crimes were bad, but to compare them to sexual assault of a minor, which it seems like DJ was accused of? Not even comparable.

This type of absolute language is just wrong. It is wrong. You DO NOT decide what a "normal" person does or does not do. You are not an authority over anything. You want to go full ad hom on me, calling me a "piece of shit self-centered deadbeat", nice .... not sure how you are not receiving an infraction for that but there are definitely a distinct set of rules around here ... feel free to reach out and talk to me IN PERSON, in real life.

The rest telling me to move from the country, et. cetera: same invitation. Feel free to discuss your points with me in person.

A lot of you seemingly cannot remain reasonable when you are in full mob mode; the laughable part is that such rabid 'activism' is hardly apt to find itself perpetuated by the same outside of safe confines of anonymous online posting.

Comparing me to convicted sexual assaulters, et. cetera; painting me as a defender of that which I have not defended (EVER); and arguing absolute nonsensical points just for the sake of arguing something.

Percentage of Sherdog f12 regulars who are actually competing at PANs = not enough.
Percentage of Sherdog f12 regulars who are self-appointed Judge Dredds = too much.

- E

LOL at calling someone out for ad hominem attacks. Weren't you just calling me a worthless troll and an idiot? Self righteous, etc? Do you know what hypocrisy is?

The laughable part is that you don't even know what anyone is saying. Are you competing at Pans? Have you ever competed at Pans?

I don't individually. Everyone does all together. That's why it's called normal.

Just dip out of this thread since you don't seem to want to talk about DJ sexually assaulting a girl and instead want to talk about the apartheid in South Africa or something.

Apartheid in Iowa, you mean.

Also I would recommend everyone here to keep this thread on subject and discuss DJ's sexual assault of a minor and his fugitive status in Iowa.

i once read an interesting 'inside look' at the 'wu mao dang', basically the people the Chinese government pay to flood internet message boards with their propaganda and direct arguments in certain directions. One of their tactics was to turn the discussion into an argument over bullshit semantics and non issues, basically go off on tangents that lead the argument from the original issue at hand, this is EXACTLY what Chulo and co are doing right now, trying to subvert the argument so it becomes about bullshit like if Terere is allowed to compete at the Pans or whatever. So yeah, please keep the topic on subject and don't let these dudes change the subject.

Terere is (or was) a criminal. He has served his time though, I don' think people would be championing his right to compete if he was a wanted fugitive.

Also Terere's crimes were bad, but to compare them to sexual assault of a minor, which it seems like DJ was accused of? Not even comparable.

Generally agreed, although we don't yet know the facts of DJ's case. If it involved violence or the threat of violence, it's completely abominable. On the other hand, hard to see how it got pled down so far if that was the case. If it was basically a straightforward statutory rape charge, where DJ was a couple years over the "discrepancy" allowed under the law (usually there is immunity if you are like 3-4 years older, even if the minor is 13/14) then yeah, it's still a very serious charge, but it gets less egregious. Depends on how you feel about statutory rape as a crime; my own feeling is that it varies from absolute atrocity to meh, depending on the facts (abuse of power, age discrepancy, age of the minor, etc).

Either way, of course, he should never be allowed to teach kids or have authority over them. Completely unacceptable. And not only did he do that, according to Fuzzy Llimp paid to have him pled down so he could.

It's all just ways to find another reason to sweep this all under the rug and ignore the fact that we have a pretty serious problem in BJJ right now.

Luca Atalla says he can't do anything about Lloyd ourselves, but "if it's true, the police will seize the case." Well here is DJ sexually assaulting a 14-15 year old girl in Iowa, he gets convicted of a lesser charge (still a violent misdemeanor crime) stemming from it, skips out on his probation, and is currently wanted by the police. I'd call that seizing the case.

But of course, there's nothing we can do about it either right. Because not only do the police have to seize the case, they also have to have a serious enough warrant to cross state lines to seize the guy himself since otherwise we don't give a shit about it.

It's pretty clear how it really is.

Generally agreed, although we don't yet know the facts of DJ's case. If it involved violence or the threat of violence, it's completely abominable. On the other hand, hard to see how it got pled down so far if that was the case. If it was basically a straightforward statutory rape charge, where DJ was a couple years over the "discrepancy" allowed under the law (usually there is immunity if you are like 3-4 years older, even if the minor is 13/14) then yeah, it's still a very serious charge, but it gets less egregious. Depends on how you feel about statutory rape as a crime; my own feeling is that it varies from absolute atrocity to meh, depending on the facts (abuse of power, age discrepancy, age of the minor, etc).

Either way, of course, he should never be allowed to teach kids or have authority over them. Completely unacceptable. And not only did he do that, according to Fuzzy Llimp paid to have him pled down so he could.

Even if it's just statutory, a 19-20 year old college kid having sex with a 14-15 year old high school girl (probably freshman?) is pretty fucked up. That is why it's a crime.

Also, considering that the misdemeanor he pled to was a violent crime (assault causing bodily injury), it doesn't sound all that innocent to me. I'm sure there are further details that will come out.

He was charged with a felony sex crime, and he pled to a misdemeanor violent crime. There's no getting around that.

Wait a minute... Lloyd paid for DJ's lawyer charges in this case?

It looks like he has the warrant because he violated his parole for this assault conviction.

And it looks like what he violated was not paying the fine, and then failing to appear before the court because of it.

Just looking at the case that's what it appears to be to me.

Have the idiots stopped talking about parking and speeding tickets? We dont know what DJ did to get the warrant, but it wasnt parking illegally. You don't get a warrant for an unpaid ticket, so knock off that stupid defense.

Also, Philip Proctor remains a piece of shit for calling the rape victim a dirty whore.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/1...t-head-instructor-at-wrightson-bjj-calls-1989

Uhh ... just to be clear you assuredly can get an arrest warrant issued for speeding tickets AND for unpaid parking tickets (if you accumulate enough of them) depending on state law.

That obviously wasn't what happened here, I think the point was just that having an arrest warrant is not necessarily the worst thing that can happen to a human being. To me, having a warrant out isn't the issue at all, the issue is what is the warrant for.

On the other hand, DJ being charged with sexual assault and evidently pleading guilty to assault of some sort -- that's a much, much bigger deal.

Back