DJ already making excuses not to fight better competition (classic)

Would not miss the division being scrapped. Free tv fighter is free.

If he was a GOAT, he would have called out winner of COGAR/TJ but, we know he wants none of that.

Both those guys are much bigger than dj...why risk it? dj is even small for Fly weight...Only way he's going to do it is for alot more money...i don't blame him.

What are you talking about?

The dude just beat Ray Borg.

GOAT status.

<{silvanormal}>

<36>

Sounds about as great as the so called GOAT Anderson, the guy you posted a pic of just now. You know, the guy who defended against Leites, Côté, Marquardt, Lutter (technically), wanted Cung Le, has most favourable match ups at LHW against incredibly slow and hittable Forrest and Bonnar. Not saying Silva isn’t one of the best ever still but he fought a lot of guys that weren’t anything that special.

DJ is fighting the best in the world in his division but on Sherdog it’s popularity of said opponent > how good they are. If you aren’t a big name, it means you suck. Maybe they’d be bigger names if people actually paid attention to the division but unfortunately they don’t because they’re insecure about size. Not DJ’s fault he’s small or his opponents. Instead of bawling about how he’s a flyweight, how about people actually learn something about martial arts and what these guys do to get to the top and stay there for so long like he has.

Whether people think he’s the GOAT or not, he’s easily the most complete/skilled fighter ever. He is one of the best ever. Size is irrelevant. Based on this logic, Floyd Mayweather jr. isn’t one of the best boxers ever ‘cause he’s small, as well as so many other great boxers throughout history and currently today. Dominick Cruz was never one of the top P4P fighters in the world either since he fights only 10 pounds more than DJ.

If Cody beats TJ and everybody else (or if TJ does it), they aren’t one of the best either because they’re small. Stop with the size obsession and educate yourselves about the skills involved in this sport. Size is not everything. I’m not saying DJ is the best ever, but he certainly deserves more respect for how good he is and his opponents deserve more respect too. Fucking idiots think popularity means something but it doesn’t. Not all of his opponents have been that great but many have been legit top guys. People think the division is oh so weak mostly because there’s not a bunch of huge names basically. Proof the majority of so called fans don’t know anything about fighting and never will.

They don't need to make any effort. Mighty Mouse's resume is a hater's delight.

Wins over the likes of Ray Borg, Chris Cariaso, Joe McNobody, Tim Elliot, Wilson Reis, Tootles McShitty.

Was cucked by Dominick Cruz and destroyed by Brad Pickett.

Ducked TJ Dillashaw and avoided him like he was the plague, even with an increased payday.

Wants absolutely no part of the 135 lbs. division.

No one gives a shit about him or his fights except for his seven fans and twelve haters on Sherdog.

Well put
Well said

Maia is one of the best grapplers in MMA history. All three are better wins than Roy Berg. Didn’t feel like I needed to spell that out for you.
Except Maia was one dimensional with just bjj when Anderson fought him. His MMA grappling progressed later. Fighters accomplishing more in the future doesn’t make the prior win more valuable.

Except Maia was one dimensional with just bjj when Anderson fought him. His MMA grappling progressed later. Fighters accomplishing more in the future doesn’t make the prior win more valuable.
Yeah and Rey Barg is zero dimensional. You’re entitled to your own opinion so think whatever you want. I’m not going to compare Roy Borg to Maia anymore though so as I said, think whatever you want.

That would, actually, be a good move and is very possible. He goes up in weight class to fight for two titles. He has already fought at the 135 limit and went 5 rounds with Dominick Cruz. That's a pretty good accomplishment considering how much smaller than Cruz he is. I think that he could take both Cody Garbrandt and Dillashaw the distance, if not pull off an upset.

Look - Mighty Mouse is a very good fighter.

Is he in the top 10 all time? No. FUCK no.

Mighty Mouse haters put no effort whatsoever into these threads. No context. No facts. No links. No video. Nothing but pure unadulterated hate and mindlessness.

did he call out TJ after winning his can fight? Did he call out winner? No. He wants record for can crushing.

Look - Mighty Mouse is a very good fighter.

Is he in the top 10 all time? No. FUCK no.

Exactly. Maybe #1 for most can crushing fights only second to Fedor. GOAT Status must consider relevancy of competition. Hence his fights usually on free tv because nobody gives a fuck. in before race bait cucks.

That would, actually, be a good move and is very possible. He goes up in weight class to fight for two titles. He has already fought at the 135 limit and went 5 rounds with Dominick Cruz. That's a pretty good accomplishment considering how much smaller than Cruz he is. I think that he could take both Cody Garbrandt and Dillashaw the distance, if not pull off an upset.

CoGar one punches him and leaves him wheelchair bound. TJ fight he already ducked to can crush some more. UFCs first can crusher. Shocker, nobody cares to watch him crush cans. GOAT MANLET Status doesn't help.

Both those guys are much bigger than dj...why risk it? dj is even small for Fly weight...Only way he's going to do it is for alot more money...i don't blame him.

Can crusher gonna can crush. GOAT MANLET STATUS equates to free tv fighter.

CoGar one punches him and leaves him wheelchair bound. TJ fight he already ducked to can crush some more. UFCs first can crusher. Shocker, nobody cares to watch him crush cans. GOAT MANLET Status doesn't help.
How did Cruz do against Garbrandt? MMA math is not perfect but Garbrandt doesn't have near the movement that Cruz does and Johnson was able to hang for 5 rounds with him. Cruz also had a reach advantage over Johnson that Garbrandt will not have. I don't think Johnson is knocking out Garbrandt but I can see him outpointing him. As for "ducking" TJ, TJ is literally ducking two weight classes just for a shot at Johnson, he had never made the weight and all that Dana had to do was guarantee Johnson his show money. Dana, obviously, didn't want to put his money where his mouth was. Also, what had TJ ever done to just say he's going to drop a weight class and then fight for a title. Johnson played this one right. He breaks the consecutive title defense record, enough hype was generated between him, TJ, Dana and the Bantam weight division so that no matter who wins the Bantam title, Johnson can ask to move up in weight for a superfight. The fact that you hate little guys so much, blinds you to this but are you really going to claim that adding another 3 inches to your height "makes you a real man?"

How did Cruz do against Garbrandt? MMA math is not perfect but Garbrandt doesn't have near the movement that Cruz does and Johnson was able to hang for 5 rounds with him. Cruz also had a reach advantage over Johnson that Garbrandt will not have. I don't think Johnson is knocking out Garbrandt but I can see him outpointing him. As for "ducking" TJ, TJ is literally ducking two weight classes just for a shot at Johnson, he had never made the weight and all that Dana had to do was guarantee Johnson his show money. Dana, obviously, didn't want to put his money where his mouth was. Also, what had TJ ever done to just say he's going to drop a weight class and then fight for a title. Johnson played this one right. He breaks the consecutive title defense record, enough hype was generated between him, TJ, Dana and the Bantam weight division so that no matter who wins the Bantam title, Johnson can ask to move up in weight for a superfight. The fact that you hate little guys so much, blinds you to this but are you really going to claim that adding another 3 inches to your height "makes you a real man?"

You argue, mma mathi is not perfect then, you go onto use mma math.

Dj can crushes. He was offered a mega fight and he refused not based upon money. He just ran from the fight. I wish UFC just cut the entire division then, left him to put on the big boy pants and actually fight rather then can crush guys that don\t belong in the same ring.

dj wants to pad record with can crushing the way Fedor did before with unranked guys. DJ is fighting ranked cans. Terrified of a Cruz rematch, Tj, and CoGar.

Nobody wants to watch Dj because nobody cares about a MANLET division nor a guy can crushing.

You argue, mma mathi is not perfect then, you go onto use mma math.

Dj can crushes. He was offered a mega fight and he refused not based upon money. He just ran from the fight. I wish UFC just cut the entire division then, left him to put on the big boy pants and actually fight rather then can crush guys that don\t belong in the same ring.

dj wants to pad record with can crushing the way Fedor did before with unranked guys. DJ is fighting ranked cans. Terrified of a Cruz rematch, Tj, and CoGar.

Nobody wants to watch Dj because nobody cares about a MANLET division nor a guy can crushing.
I said mma math wasn't perfect and then used the word "BUT" which indicates that, although it isn't perfect, this is what we can gather from it. You may not like watching him fight BUT that doesn't mean others feel the same way. You, obviously, don't have any respect for Fedor BUT many others on this forum do. You are trashing Johnson for not accepting a fight with a bigger guy who did nothing to earn a title shot BUT you are giving Dillashaw a pass for ducking two weight divisions to come down and try to fight a smaller guy. Johnson played his cards right. He broke the record for defenses and now can ask for a superfight against the winner of Dillashaw and Garbrandt claiming there is nothing left for him at Flyweight. What will you do, you poor little man, if Johnson beats either of your guys for the belt at Bantamweight?

Yeah and Rey Barg is zero dimensional. You’re entitled to your own opinion so think whatever you want. I’m not going to compare Roy Borg to Maia anymore though so as I said, think whatever you want.
The problem is you’re comparing him to todays Maia who is a much better fighter than who Anderson fought. Anderson had plenty of game opponents but lets not pretend all of his competition was tougher than MM”s.

I said mma math wasn't perfect and then used the word "BUT" which indicates that, although it isn't perfect, this is what we can gather from it. You may not like watching him fight BUT that doesn't mean others feel the same way. You, obviously, don't have any respect for Fedor BUT many others on this forum do. You are trashing Johnson for not accepting a fight with a bigger guy who did nothing to earn a title shot BUT you are giving Dillashaw a pass for ducking two weight divisions to come down and try to fight a smaller guy. Johnson played his cards right. He broke the record for defenses and now can ask for a superfight against the winner of Dillashaw and Garbrandt claiming there is nothing left for him at Flyweight. What will you do, you poor little man, if Johnson beats either of your guys for the belt at Bantamweight?

His ppv draw or lack there of speaks for itself as does ducking TJ last summer.

His ppv draw or lack there of speaks for itself as does ducking TJ last summer.
Why do you think McGregor didn't want to touch Ferguson or Lee? Your heroes there drew 120k buys combined. Johnson pulled 115 by himself. If he had any other competition his numbers could be twice that. He will peak when he fights the winner of TJ and Garbrandt. A superfight. Again, you say he "ducked" TJ but don't ask why TJ wasn't fighting 155, 145 or 135 when he was trying to fight Johnson. Dillashaw is ducking but he finally got his shot. His plan was to try and win the belt from Johnson and set up his own superfight but Johnson held his ground and will be the one getting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back