Divinity Original Sin 2 or Path of Exile?

Ive been searching for a new online rpg since diablo 3 was a let down, and im a huge diablo fan.

Later this year path of exile releases on xbox one and before that the new expansion releases.

Later on Divinity Original Sin 2 comes out. DOS 2 looks like the best new rpg ive seen in a long time. Im hoping it will be great.

Im just torn on what game I should play. Maybe both? Im a sucker brand new RPGs so I think Ill be buying DOS 2 either way.

Which one do you guys think will be better? Anyone played the DOS 2 beta?

path sucked imo, (barely played it, but still) -- yea it's free so that's nice, but i want that style of game, i would rathe rplay d3. think d3 is actually still great.

DoS2 rules so far. i played like 20 hours so far, and it's fantastic. that said, the first 10ish hours were with a buddy and the last 10 were solo. and let me tell you. from that sample of playtime, the solo is 100x better.

it's just not for me in co-op. it's incredibly boring if you're not the one participating in the dialogues and it sucks waiting for your friend.. and when you're the one doing it / making the choices, you can't help but feel like your friend is bored out of your mind.

and that's just a microcosm of everything. heaven forbid you want to manage your inventory, read your quest journal, etc. you'll each be screaming "omg, what are you doing, go" -- and that's not even taking battles into consideration.. you have to almost have one person telling the other what to do and what fun is that for the other person?

path sucked imo, (barely played it, but still) -- yea it's free so that's nice, but i want that style of game, i would rathe rplay d3. think d3 is actually still great.

When did you play it and how far did you go? Early game is slow and dull, I will give you that.

When did you play it and how far did you go? Early game is slow and dull, I will give you that.

Very very shallow is my PoE experience.. I just can't justify the game time when I see how much more polished d3 is in the same genre

Very very shallow is my PoE experience.. I just can't justify the game time when I see how much more polished d3 is in the same genre

Describe polished? It is prettier. The engine is better. But that is about it. D3's itemization is shit, and the build variety is non existent. POE is a better game, period.

You should give it another shot. It is a better ARPG game than D3 can ever hope to be.

Divinity 2 is getting some spectacular reviews.

Describe polished? It is prettier. The engine is better. But that is about it. D3's itemization is shit, and the build variety is non existent. POE is a better game, period.

You should give it another shot. It is a better ARPG game than D3 can ever hope to be.

I think the moment to moment gameplay is tighter and cimbat feedback feels slightly better in D3 (as it should because Blizzard had an astronomical budget). Everything else in POE is leaps and bounds better. The economy, end game (I can't name one single end game boss in D3 but I know Atziri, Shaper, Guardians, etc.), music, art style, loot and that magnificent skill tree. Best f2p and imo loot arpg ever.

I think the moment to moment gameplay is tighter and cimbat feedback feels slightly better in D3 (as it should because Blizzard had an astronomical budget). Everything else in POE is leaps and bounds better. The economy, end game (I can't name one single end game boss in D3 but I know Atziri, Shaper, Guardians, etc.), music, art style, loot and that magnificent skill tree. Best f2p and imo loot arpg ever.
I think you nailed it.

Took forever to finish the game. I'll give it a second try and test it out all the mods that are now available including the 6 party mod, more monster spawn and harder npc and boss fighters

The class customization really warrants multiple playthroughs

Ive been playing DOS2 the past week or so and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Its like a dream come true for fans of old school rpgs.

DOS2 is god tier. Already in my top 5 favorite games all time and i'm only 20 hours in my first playthrough.

:eek:

Paid Blizzard shill confirmed

:eek:

Paid Blizzard shill confirmed
kvKXd.gif

anyway, i am still loving DoS2. but it's funny. i'll play a few hours.. and man when you look back it feels like you have barely accomplished anything.. but time flies when you're having fun?

anyway, i am still loving DoS2. but it's funny. i'll play a few hours.. and man when you look back it feels like you have barely accomplished anything.. but time flies when you're having fun?

Yeah I feel the same haha. Especially towards the end of Act I, I spent about 6 hours just wrapping up a few minor quests that I thought would take me 1 hour max.

I'm now about 40 hours in and I'm still finding new things all the time. I've only just realised I can fast travel from the mini map! I'd have saved hours if I knew that before. I have barely even touched crafting yet.

I want to get through this play through and start again at a tougher difficulty with a totally different playstyle.

Yeah I feel the same haha. Especially towards the end of Act I, I spent about 6 hours just wrapping up a few minor quests that I thought would take me 1 hour max.

I'm now about 40 hours in and I'm still finding new things all the time. I've only just realised I can fast travel from the mini map! I'd have saved hours if I knew that before. I have barely even touched crafting yet.

I want to get through this play through and start again at a tougher difficulty with a totally different playstyle.
I recommend getting the mods after you finish the first playthrough. They make the game more fun without breaking the game itself.

The ones I installed were two custom classes as bard and artificer. I like their rehauling of how the summoner and necro tree work. Also you need to get 6 man party mode mod, and the mod that doubles the difficulty and doubling the spawn of enemies

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back