'Diversity is a strength' - an analysis

If armies of hundreds of thousands of men can travel hundreds, even thousands of miles on land, so can civilian populations. Keep clutching.

It wasn't for armies. And like I said, in the case of Egypt, it could've imported people across sea (the Mediterranean). Your argument really doesn't hold any water. Keep trying.

If the marching was "almost always more deadly than the battle", very few battles would've even occurred in ancient times. /facepalm

If diversity was truly a strength, ancient civilisations would have at least tried to import masses of immigrants into their respective civilisations. But as we see, this was not the case... because diversity, far from being a strength, is in fact a weakness.

They were importing Greeks all over the place as mercenaries.

Same with people from the Balearic Islands and Crete. The Samaritans came all the way from the steppe to serve alongside Roman armies. And then later in their history thousands of Germans. The Emperors of the East in particular held their foreign mercenaries in high esteem and employed them in the thousands in the highest military positions.

The Romans had many gaps in their culture and society and had no problem filling those gaps.

They were importing Greeks all over the place as mercenaries.

Who were?

Same with people from the Balearic Islands and Crete.

Be specific. Who was being imported, and to where?

The Samaritans came all the way from the steppe to serve alongside Roman armies.

How many?

And then later in their history thousands of Germans.

Germans didn't exist then, dude.

The Emperors of the East in particular held their foreign mercenaries in high esteem and employed them in the thousands in the highest military positions.

Those are MERCENARIES who are serving a purpose (and getting paid to do so). Not immigrants flooding a civilisation. STICK TO THE SUBJECT, otherwise you look so desperate.

The Romans had many gaps in their culture and society and had no problem filling those gaps.

... the Romans flooded their civilisation with loads of immigrants, the same way Western countries are being flooded with immigrants today? Really? Be honest now, won't you?

Who were?

Be specific. Who was being imported, and to where?

How many?

Germans didn't exist then, dude.

Those are MERCENARIES who are serving a purpose (and getting paid to do so). Not immigrants flooding a civilisation. STICK TO THE SUBJECT, otherwise you look so desperate.

... the Romans flooded their civilisation with loads of immigrants, the same way Western countries are being flooded with immigrants today? Really? Be honest now, won't you?

But your premise is that diversity isn't a strength. It is though. I think it's pretty clear that diversity was absolutely a strength of the Romans. Diversity can be a strength and mass uncontrolled immigration can be a bad thing at the same time.

Like most things in life there are downsides and upsides.

You act like they're being invited to Europe on purpose, when they're just coming on their own.

Do you want Merkel manning machine gun nests?

But your premise is that diversity isn't a strength.

False. I am talking specifically about diversity via mass immigration. I made that very clear in my OP. I specifically asked the question: 'why didn't the ancient civilisations flood their civilisations with foreigners?'.

It is though. I think it's pretty clear that diversity was absolutely a strength of the Romans. Diversity can be a strength and mass uncontrolled immigration can be a bad thing at the same time.

Diversity of cultural exchange whereby one group of people are influenced in a positive way by the culture/technology of another group of people is obviously a positive thing. However, that's not what I'm talking about.

You act like they're being invited to Europe on purpose. They're just coming on their own.

What? Europe is clearly inviting all these immigrants & refugees in.

Do you want Merkel manning machine gun nests?

No, I want European coastguards to start sinking the boats in the Mediterranean, deporting all illegals, and making life for Muslims already in Europe extremely unpleasant.

False. I am talking specifically about diversity via mass immigration. I made that very clear in my OP. I specifically asked the question: 'why didn't the ancient civilisations flood their civilisations with foreigners?'.

Diversity of cultural exchange whereby one group of people are influenced in a positive way by the culture/technology of another group of people is obviously a positive thing. However, that's not what I'm talking about.

What? Europe is clearly inviting all these immigrants & refugees in.

No, I want European coastguards to start sinking the boats in the Mediterranean, deporting all illegals, and making life for Muslims already in Europe extremely unpleasant.

Diversity via mass immigration isn't a thing.

You just made it up. You're combining two unrelated things to make a point that no one disagrees with, mass uncontrolled immigration is a bad thing. No shit.

Mass immigration occurs when there are cataclysmic events.

In Roman times they didn't come because Rome advertised it. Mass immigration happened because their was a rampaging horde of death know as the Hunnic empire ravaging the entire continent forcing otherwise peaceful tribes further and further west to escape the butchery.

In modern times, the Europeans aren't inviting them. There are dozens if not hundreds of ongoing conflicts all over Africa and the Middle East. There are also multiple famines in both regions compounding this problem. These people aren't coming via invitation.

The Europeans are humans, and they have "empathy", when humans wash up on their shore they do the right thing and try to care for them.

Diversity via mass immigration isn't a thing.

lolwut

The fact you use the words "isn't a thing" also proves you're an SJW, so I'll expect nothing out of our arguments.

You just made it up.

Yes, I just made it up that Britain is now about 8% Muslim, France about 15% Muslim, Germany about 10% Muslim, Italy about 5% Muslim, Belgium about 8% Muslim, Sweden about 7% Muslim, Netherlands about 8% Muslim etc etc which all only came about due to mass immigration.

Mass immigration occurs when there are cataclysmic events.

And you are cataclysmically stupid.

In Roman times they didn't come because Rome advertised it. Mass immigration happened because their was a rampaging horde of death know as the Hunnic empire ravaging the entire continent forcing otherwise peaceful tribes further and further west to escape the butchery.

This is all irrelevant. If diversity is such a strength why didn't the ancient civilisations flood their civilisations with immigrants the same way Western countries are doing today? You still haven't answered this question.

In modern times, the Europeans aren't inviting them.

European 'leaders' are.

There are dozens if not hundreds of ongoing conflicts all over Africa and the Middle East. There are also multiple famines in both regions compounding this problem. These people aren't coming via invitation.

Yes, they are. Europe could easily keep them out, but they're choosing to allow them in because 'diversity is a strength'. If you aren't aware of the left's own narrative on this issue of mass immigration & multiculturalism, you haven't been paying attention.

The Europeans are humans, and they have "empathy", when humans wash up on their shore they do the right thing and try to care for them.

These people are not "washing up on their shores", they're being allowed to flood in as the elites who rule over Europe have engineered this entire situation.

lolwut

The fact you use the words "isn't a thing" also proves you're an SJW, so I'll expect nothing out of our arguments.

Yes, I just made it up that Britain is now about 8% Muslim, France about 15% Muslim, Germany about 10% Muslim, Italy about 5% Muslim, Belgium about 8% Muslim, Sweden about 7% Muslim, Netherlands about 8% Muslim etc etc which all only came about due to mass immigration.

And you are cataclysmically stupid.

This is all irrelevant. If diversity is such a strength why didn't the ancient civilisations flood their civilisations with immigrants the same way Western countries are doing today? You still haven't answered this question.

European 'leaders' are.

Yes, they are. Europe could easily keep them out, but they're choosing to allow them in because 'diversity is a strength'. If you aren't aware of the left's own narrative on this issue of mass immigration & multiculturalism, you haven't been paying attention

These people are not "washing up on their shores", they're being allowed to flood in as the elites who rule over Europe have engineered this entire situation.

You're wrong.

The Europeans are reacting poorly to a humanitarian crisis.

They didn't ask for this and they're doing a really shit job handling it.

The French and British have had a much more intimate relationship with Muslims that the US. The Muslims living there are not newcomers and many of them have provided valuable service to both countries for decades if not centuries.

You're wrong.

Flawless argument.

The Europeans are reacting poorly to a humanitarian crisis.

Correct. They should be sinking the boats before they ever reach European shores.

They didn't ask for this and they're doing a really shit job handling it.

The reason they're allowing them all in is because they've been brainwashed to believe any kind of restrictions of immigration are racist, so Europe should just take in an unlimited amount of immigrants & refugees, regardless of any negative impact it causes.

The French and British have had a much more intimate relationship with Muslims that the US. The Muslims living there are not newcomers and many of them have provided valuable service to both countries.

Europe's Muslim population is still almost entirely a result of mass immigration, but you claimed diversity via mass immigration "isn't a thing" and just something "I made up". lol

You still also haven't explained why the Egyptians didn't flood their civilisation with a load of Phoenicians & Hittites, which wouldn't have required walking a long way, just a trip across the Mediterranean.

Flawless argument.

Correct. They should be sinking the boats before they ever reach European shores.

The reason they're allowing them all in is because they've been brainwashed to believe any kind of restrictions of immigration are racist, so Europe should just take in an unlimited amount of immigrants & refugees, regardless of any negative impact it causes.

Europe's Muslim population is still almost entirely a result of mass immigration, but you claimed diversity via mass immigration "isn't a thing" and just something "I made up". lol

You still also haven't explained why the Egyptians didn't flood their civilisation with a load of Phoenicians & Hittites, which wouldn't have required walking a long way, just a trip across the Mediterranean.

<TrumpWrong1>

The majority Europe's Muslim population is entirely the result of European colonization and the natural mingling of civilization over a period of centuries as well as their natural breeding habits.

Almost entirely European immigrants. Do you think the USA would've become a world power (the most powerful in history) if it had allowed only immigration from Africa, middle-east, Pakistan etc etc? Be honest now, won't you?

When those immigrants came almost exclusively from Europe, when the USA was largely uninhabited. Like I said above, do you think if the USA had allowed only immigration from Africa, middle-east, Pakistan etc etc it would've become such a successful country?

You don't? Then you really are a moron.

Here, I'll tell you why they didn't: because diversity via mass immigration is a weakness, not a strength, and allowing foreigners to flood into their civilisations would have destroyed them. Just as Europe is being destroyed now by mass third world immigration.

If diversity is truly a strength, it would've also been a strength 3000 years ago.

America is the greatest world power to ever exist and it's built on diversity. Globalization has taken over this world. The sharing of ideas and information is what's going to bring us into the new world, not hiding from others.

The majority Europe's Muslim population is entirely the result of European colonization and the natural mingling of civilization over a period of centuries as well as their natural breeding habbits.

Did Muslims in Europe just spring up out of the ground, or grow on trees? No, they migrated there. What preceded that is irrelevant. The fact is, they migrated there - it was a mass migration and it hasn't been in the slightest bit positive for Europe and will eventually result in Europe's destruction.

Also, the Ottoman Empire occupied south-eastern Europe for 500 years, but you don't see Turkey with a large European Christian community, do you? Less than 0.5% of Turkey is Christian, and they're probably mostly middle-eastern Christians, not European. Once again, your worthless argument gets destroyed. Try again.

Did Muslims in Europe just spring up out of the ground, or grow on trees? No, they migrated there. What preceded that is irrelevant. The fact is, they migrated there - it was a mass migration and it hasn't been in the slightest bit positive for Europe and will eventually result in Europe's destruction.

Also, the Ottoman Empire occupied south-eastern Europe for 500 years, but you don't see Turkey with a large European Christian community, do you? Less than 0.5% of Turkey is Christian, and they're probably mostly middle-eastern Christians, not European. Once again, your worthless argument gets destroyed. Try again.

They migrated, but there was nothing mass about it, because it happened naturally over centuries.

Mass immigration is happening now, but it's a whole mixed bag of people from the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.

America is the greatest world power to ever exist and it's built on diversity.

The USA became the greatest world power to ever exist because of European immigration. Do you think the USA would have become as powerful if it had taken in almost entirely African, middle-eastern & Pakistani immigrants? Be honest now, won't you?

Also, just because a country is powerful, that doesn't necessarily mean good. There's a whole load of countries I'd rather live in than the USA, and all of them homogeneous.

Globalization has taken over this world. The sharing of ideas and information is what's going to bring us into the new world, not hiding from others.

Strawman. I never said we should "hide from each other", neither have I said the sharing of ideas is a bad thing. I am talking specifically about diversity via mass immigration which has come about from the West opening its doors to the third world. Do you think it's positive that third world immigrants (especially Muslim) are pouring into Western countries?

They migrated, but there was nothing mass about it, because it happened naturally over centuries.

Centuries? Europe's current Muslim population has come about entirely due to immigration that has occurred in the past few decades. Once again you prove you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Mass immigration is happening now, but it's a whole mixed bag of people from the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.

It's been happening for decades. It's being encouraged to happen on the premise that 'diversity is a strength', as if Europeans becoming the minority in their own countries, Muslims becoming the majority, crime through the roof, terrorism non-stop, standards of living down the drain, are all positive.

Centuries? Europe's current Muslim population has come about entirely due to immigration that has occurred in the past few decades. Once again you prove you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It's been happening for decades. It's being encouraged to happen on the premise that 'diversity is a strength', as if Europeans becoming the minority in their own countries, Muslims becoming the majority, crime through the roof, terrorism non-stop, standards of living down the drain, are all positive.

If by past few you mean the past 10 decades, sure, yeah it's been the past few. If you mean 10-30 years ago, I'd have to disagree.

There have been Mosques in France since the early 1900s.

The big uptick in immigration came after France pulled out of their colonies in Algeria and many of their brothers who fought for them came back with them, but this was in the 50s and 60s. Not this century however.

If by past few you mean the past 10 decades, sure, yeah it's been the past few. If you mean 10-30 years ago, I'd have to disagree.

Large amounts of immigration into Europe has occurred since the end of WW2. In the 50s in Britain it was West Indians, then Indians & Pakistanis. As the years have passed it's gotten more & more, and from more parts of the world.

There have been Mosques in France since the early 1900s.

Irrelevant. There was no significant immigration from Muslim countries into Europe a hundred years ago. The Muslim population you see today in France is due to mass immigration which has occurred since the 1950's.

The big uptick in immigration came after France pulled out of their colonies in Algeria and many of their brothers who fought for them came back with them, but this was in the 50s and 60s. Not this century however.

Exactly - 1950s. Thanks for arguing my point for me.

Once again, I'm right & you're wrong.

And you still also haven't explained why the Egyptians didn't flood their civilisation with a load of Phoenicians & Hittites, which wouldn't have required walking a long way, just a trip across the Mediterranean.

Large amounts of immigration into Europe has occurred since the end of WW2. In the 50s in Britain it was West Indians, then Indians & Pakistanis. As the years have passed it's gotten more & more, and from more parts of the world.

Irrelevant. There was no significant immigration from Muslim countries into Europe a hundred years ago. The Muslim population you see today in France is due to mass immigration which has occurred since the 1950's.

Exactly - 1950s. Thanks for arguing my point for me.

Once again, I'm right & you're wrong.

And you still also haven't explained why the Egyptians didn't flood their civilisation with a load of Phoenicians & Hittites, which wouldn't have required walking a long way, just a trip across the Mediterranean.

Do you understand the were brought in willingly because they fought and died for the host nations?

Do you understand the were brought in willingly because they fought and died for the host nations?

That was the very first immigrants from France's ex-colonies, straight after WW2. Immigrants that have come since the 70's didn't fight in any wars, and that's when the vast majority of France's Muslim population came (or are descendants of immigrants that have come since the 70's). Nice try.

@Rational Poster - You still haven't explained why the Egyptians didn't flood their civilisation with a load of Phoenicians & Hittites, which wouldn't have required walking a long way, just a trip across the Mediterranean.

That was the very first immigrants from France's ex-colonies, straight after WW2. Immigrants that have come since the 70's didn't fight in any wars, and that's when the vast majority of France's Muslim population came (or are descendants of immigrants that have come since the 70's). Nice try.

Actually, that isn't true. The second wave of French Muslim immigrants in the 70s were largely the family members of the first wave of Muslim immigrants.

Back