'Diversity is a strength' - an analysis

goldennirvana

Satanic black magic!
Banned
Reaction score
The idea that ethnic & religious diversity strengthens a nation has only existed for the past few decades, and yet civilisation has existed for at least 5,000 years. Thousands of years pass, with the greatest civilisations & greatest minds passing with them, and yet somehow, these great civilisations & minds couldn't unlock the code to creating the strongest society, and only in the past 50 years was the Western 'progressive' politician able to crack this code. Impressive stuff! Well done Western 'progressive' politicians!

If only ancient Egyptian leaders had worked out that by flooding their civilisation with masses of Phoenicians, Hittites, Babylonians and other foreigners, they would've become so much stronger & greater! Those silly Egyptians!

I mean seriously, how can anyone deny that ancient Egypt would've become so much stronger if the Egyptians had become a minority in their own nation, their culture & religion turned into just one of many, foreign languages spoken on the streets, various new religions being practiced in their land... those silly Egyptians, with their great pyramids & temples, they missed out on such a great opportunity to make their civilisation even greater (and of course, stronger)!

And even in the modern era, such intelligent people like the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Israelis, Argentinians, Taiwanese, amongst many others, don't seem to realise that if they only flooded their respective countries with masses of immigrants of many different ethnic & religious backgrounds would they make their countries so much stronger, instead of being homogeneous and weak. How can anyone deny that Japan would greatly benefit from allowing in millions of Pakistanis, Somalis, Arabs, Nigerians, Turks, Moroccans etc etc? And there was me thinking the Japanese were an intelligent people! Those silly Japanese!

So, to all the people who believe that diversity weakens a country... come on, justify your stance, you silly people!

Uhhh.

Look up New Amsterdam. Now New York City. Place has had dozens of languages and ethnicities in it right from the start.

Pretty famous place.

Uhhh.

Look up New Amsterdam. Now New York City. Place has had dozens of languages and ethnicities in it right from the start.

Pretty famous place.

New York progressive politicians > ancient civilisations

Yeah just think, if the USA hadn't let in all this pesky Irish, Italians, Germans, Chinese, British, etc we maybe would have been the world's Super Duper world power...sigh

why did you waste your time typing out this giant strawman of an OP? are you truly this ignorant to what people on the left feel about diversity, or are you just being a smartass?

New York progressive politicians > ancient civilisations

If you want to just talk about ancient civs, the same holds true.
Most of the great places were at geological crossroads. Had syncretic religions. Were multilingual.

Founded by multiple tribes. Like Latins, Etruscans, Greeks, Umbrians, Celts etc in Rome.

If the 'diversity' means lots of different cultures i the minority then it is an asset. However if one or several of these minorities grow in numbers enough to challenge the host nation/group then it ceases being an asset and can be a cause of conflict.

It's funny you mention Israeli who has a host of people from different ethnic backgrounds and cultural traditions.

But I guess being Jewish makes an Ethiopian and a German the same.

And Argentina? Hah! They're a mishmash of Spaniards, Italians, and several European nationalities including Jews. They also have a bunch of illegal Peruvians and Bolivians.

If only you weren't full of shit.

why did you waste your time typing out this giant strawman of an OP? are you truly this ignorant to what people on the left feel about diversity, or are you just being a smartass?

Where's the strawman?

The left believes that all ethnicities, cultures & religions can co-exist within a society peacefully, because that diversity strengthens the society in which they live. They also believe that all cultures & religions are equal... apart from Western culture (ironically the only one which allows this multiculturalism to exist) which they believe is racist, sexist & homophobic.

Homogenous states (at least in Europe and the ME) are the result of 2 World Wars. Germans were all over Europe and so were Jews. The Middle East had tons of Christians and Jews but population transfers and genocides changed that.

Where's the strawman?

The left believes that all ethnicities, cultures & religions can co-exist within a society peacefully, because that diversity strengthens the society in which they live. They also believe that all cultures & religions are equal... apart from Western culture (ironically the only one which allows this multiculturalism to exist) which they believe is racist, sexist & homophobic.

Holy shit...

"Where is the strawman?"

*builds another strawman*

All in one post.

By the way, your "analysis", which I don't doubt is as rigorous and well thought out as you can personally manage, is really basic shit.

If you want to just talk about ancient civs, the same holds true.

I think you didn't even read the OP.

You're saying there was a variety of different cultures & religions in ancient Egypt? Evidence needed.

Most of the great places were at geological crossroads. Had syncretic religions. Were multilingual.

Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, India, China, Phoenicia etc etc all had their own unique culture, religion & language. When did any of those civilisations flood their lands with immigrants? Get back to me on that.

Founded by multiple tribes. Like Latins, Etruscans, Greeks, Umbrians, Celts etc in Rome.

That's a completely different subject. A number of different tribes may have founded Rome, but they all eventually became Roman. Roman culture was dominant, and foreigners were not allowed to flood into Rome. Remember, we're talking about immigrants here, not indigenous tribes creating a civilisation. Please stick to the topic.

Holy shit...

"Where is the strawman?"

*builds another strawman*

All in one post.

By the way, your "analysis", which I don't doubt is as rigorous and well thought out as you can personally manage, is really basic shit.

*searches FIMN's post for counter-argument*

*discovers there is no counter-argument to be found*

Yeah just think, if the USA hadn't let in all this pesky Irish, Italians, Germans, Chinese, British, etc we maybe would have been the world's Super Duper world power...sigh

You mentioned a load of European groups, and one east Asian. Should the USA allow mass immigration from Pakistan, Somalia, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc etc, ya know, because 'diversity is a strength'?

It's funny you mention Israeli who has a host of people from different ethnic backgrounds and cultural traditions.

There's two main groups in Israel - Jews & Arabs. Those are the only two groups that matter. Are you saying Israel is stronger because it's 20% Arab?

But I guess being Jewish makes an Ethiopian and a German the same.

And Argentina? Hah! They're a mishmash of Spaniards, Italians, and several European nationalities

So a load of white people then. Would Argentina become stronger if it allowed mass immigration from Pakistan, Somalia, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc etc?

They also have a bunch of illegal Peruvians and Bolivians.

And that makes Argentina stronger?

If only you weren't full of shit.

If only you knew how to read and analyse your own counter-argument.

I think you didn't even read the OP.

You're saying there was a variety of different cultures & religions in ancient Egypt? Evidence needed.

Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, India, China, Phoenicia etc etc all had their own unique culture, religion & language. When did any of those civilisations flood their lands with immigrants? Get back to me on that.

That's a completely different subject. A number of different tribes may have founded Rome, but they all eventually became Roman. Roman culture was dominant, and foreigners were not allowed to flood into Rome. Remember, we're talking about immigrants here, not indigenous tribes creating a civilisation. Please stick to the topic.

Lol come on. 5th graders knows this. Rome, for example, borrowed Greek gods (then eventually Christianity from the ME) and educated Romans spoke Greek.

Where's the strawman?

youre comparing modern nation states to ancient egyptians.....

also, how long were the ancient egyptians around? 2.5k years? they accomplished a lot, but look at the time they needed to do it. also, lets not pretend they did what they did in a vacuum. the cultural diffusion that occurred between mesopotamia, the indus valley, and egypt benefited all of them.

without cultural exchange along the silk road, youd probably not be here today.

also, i dont think most people who value multi cultural societies generally attempt to suggest that you cant have a successful society that isnt diverse.

The left believes that all ethnicities, cultures & religions can co-exist within a society peacefully, because that diversity strengthens the society in which they live. They also believe that all cultures & religions are equal

youre making so many generalizations here that it might as well be nonsensical. there are many types of liberals, who believe many different things, and for different reasons. outgroup homogeneity at work here.

... apart from Western culture (ironically the only one which allows this multiculturalism to exist) which they believe is racist, sexist & homophobic.

riiiiiiight. all liberals believe this...........good thread.

Lol come on. 5th graders knows this. Rome, for example, borrowed Greek gods (then eventually Christianity from the ME) and educated Romans spoke Greek.

Why did you make that paragraph in bold, yet respond with something irrelevant? I'll ask you again: When did any of those civilisations flood their lands with immigrants?

Back