Disturbing trend in US: more young girls are being admitted in hospitals for self harm

I know, I know, PJW is a garbage human or whatever but he hits the nail on the head with this video

Broken families, medicated children, social media, loss of coping skills.... Can't say this surprises me.

I’m sure it’s white male privilege related .........

Interesting read. Probably lots of different things. One of the negative effects of the internet and social media is that it has increased the degree to which people are comparing themselves to each other on superficial metrics.

This is probably most harmful to females who are frequently judged on the most superficial of all metrics, their sexual appeal. For girls going through puberty and trying to find where they fit socially, it's a constant bombardment of images of girls who are better looking than them, getting more "likes" than them, seemingly living better lives than them. It's inevitable that some of those girls will be more negatively impacted than others.

What's interesting to me is that some of the male spikes seem to occur around times of military or economic turmoil. I'd be curious why lies behind that.

Have you ever been asked, in school or at work, for a "progress report"? If so, you must have gone berserk. Almost every single post of yours (with this account and your last one) is a tirade against "progress".

He probably thinks Progressive rock is a genre started by the libs and gays too.

Back