Disturbing trend in US: more young girls are being admitted in hospitals for self harm

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What do you think is the cause for the increase in more young girls being admitted into hospitals for self harm?

Social media - either being bullied or seeing others having a good time and feel like missing out?

A call for attention?

Feeling like there is too much chaos around them from broken family or pressure to get into good college or whatever else and the physical pain is easier to deal with?

Are we really the group to figure out what's going on in the minds of young girls?

One variable I would consider is the increasing accessibility of opiates and sedatives, since poisoning (overdose) is by far the most common method of suicide for girls, and it's a much more common method for women than it is for men (who are more likely to use violent methods like gunshot or hanging).

If I'm reading the first chart right, my hypothesis is correct - and most of the gains are from increases in poisoning.

Here are the graphs, @jeffk

m_jld170039t1.png

m_jld170039f1.png

Are we really the group to figure out what's going on in the minds of young girls?

@waiguoren

Come on, we all know what it is. There's a reason women "attempt" suicide 2-4 times more often than men, yet men actually kill themselves 3-4 times more than women. Women want the attention and sympathy. This push for women to sleep around, stay single and focus on career and flings instead of having a family has had a negative effect on their overall happiness for a good 40-50 years now. A shallow existence is not good for anyone. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of these self-harm cases and suicide attempts are within a few months of a breakup.

Liberalism. In countries with no cultural marxism where people have racial or ethnic pride snd God (religion) or higher purpose driving them this is not an issue.

Literally all self destruction in the west is the result of Godless people with no identity and real purpose. Communist china godless people have hihher purpose to their teibe and culture and master morality type thinking. Arab countries give value to people. Colombia has tribalism and catholicism.

It lile leftists are most likely to suicide. Anthony bourdai and all these other like Aviccii (rip) this is a liberal epidemic.

Your media telling women to act like men etc. Is confusing people to

Come on, we all know what it is. There's a reason women "attempt" suicide 2-4 times more often than men, yet men actually kill themselves 3-4 times more than women. Women want the attention and sympathy. This push for women to sleep around, stay single and focus on career and flings instead of having a family has had a negative effect on their overall happiness for a good 40-50 years now. A shallow existence is not good for anyone. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of these self-harm cases and suicide attempts are within a few months of a breakup.

Yeah don't forget allowing the coloured to sit with white people also had a negative impact on women.

I can barely hold a lengthy conversation with women about the weather, lol at me trying to psychoanalyze these creatures.

One variable I would consider is the increasing accessibility of opiates and sedatives, since poisoning (overdose) is by far the most common method of suicide for girls, and it's a much more common method for women than it is for men (who are more likely to use violent methods like gunshot or hanging).

If I'm reading the first chart right, my hypothesis is correct - and most of the gains are from increases in poisoning.

Here are the graphs, @jeffk

m_jld170039t1.png

m_jld170039f1.png

@waiguoren

Well cultrual marxism drives these women to use drugs in first place. Also you have open borders which allow drugs coming in.

And no God or higher purpose
InCel detected.

How is that incel? That is common view by politicians in my country and many others and most people not to mention the wjole muslim world or africa and asia.

You are living in some western "progressive" bubble if you think what he said is not common view globally.

Well cultrual marxism drives these women to use drugs in first place. Also you have open borders which allow drugs coming in.

And no God or higher purpose

How is that incel? That is common view by politicians in my country and many others and most people not to mention the wjole muslim world or africa and asia.

You are living in some western "progressive" bubble if you think what he said is not common view globally.
What view?

(A) Women are less effective because they are more likely to use nonviolent means like overdosing (which is a lot harder to do than most people realizing - on sleeping pills for instance your body will just reject them and regurgitate) while men use violent methods like gunshots. Poisoning deaths are notoriously ineffective (contrary to cultural beliefs) and gunshots/hanging are tried and true means of ending a life.

(B) Men are having way more premartial sex and "sleeping around" and engaging in "shallow existence" to a greater extent than previous years. So why doesn't that increase in the same way for men?

(C) If you're "willing to bet that a majority of these self-harm cases and suicide attempts are within a few months of a breakup," then isn't it the fault of the men for breaking up with the woman? And not the fault of women not wanting to settle down, and instead wanting to sleep around?

Personally, I think your bet is stupid and based on sexist suppositions. My bet would be on these cases being more common with women who have disparately fewer sexual partners because they are not traditionally considered attractive. I've always maintained that being born an ugly woman has to be a fate worse than death.

There's no such thing, and that's kind of the point. Women being this easy to sleep with and discard is making them less happy. I thought this was obvious.

With all due respect, the "women are too slutty" line of thinking is pretty much the hallmark of incels, whether you are one or not. It reeks of sour grapes by persons who see a lot of sex being had but are not getting it themselves.

Do you at least agree with me that your statement - basically reducing women's mental health to how much sex they have and how desirable they are to men due to their promiscuity - is pretty fucking bold without *any* empirical backing?

The cause can be many things. But the solution is found in Jesus Christ.

What fine country are you from?

Back