Disneyland and Universal Studio advice needed

sfblue

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Would you rather do 3 full days at Disneyland/CA Adventure or just 2 days with the 3rd day at Universal Studios... Keep in mind I am a big Disney fan but I have not been to Universal, we also have a 5 year old daughter who may not meet all the height restrictions at Universal (this will be first year she can ride almost everything at disney). To me I'd just stick with Disney, but my wife is less a fan of it than me and seem she wants the variety that we would get with universal. Our hotel is a real quick walk to the disney parks. Should I do what I want to do or be miserable and make the missus happy?

Ask in advance when a whole lotta Chinese tourist gonna invade. Better go on a Tuesday as Monday is like a rest day for them.

Universal was alot of fun. You should definitely go. Even though most of the rides are 3D, they're actually pretty awesome.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan by any means, but that part of the park was spectacular.

Ask in advance when a whole lotta Chinese tourist gonna invade. Better go on a Tuesday as Monday is like a rest day for them.
This makes little sense. What day are you saying I should visit which park? Tuesday Universal?

Universal was alot of fun. You should definitely go. Even though most of the rides are 3D, they're actually pretty awesome.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan by any means, but that part of the park was spectacular.
I just may do so. I'm not a huge fan of anything hollywood really, but the park does look impressive, and if it keeps the missus happy then so be it.

Universal Islands of Adventure is better than any Disney Park.

I've been to both a bunch of times, if take two days at the Universal Parks easy.

i think 2 days disney, 1 day universal is a good idea.

universal is a fun spectacle park... but ... 2 days disney, 1 day animal adventure isn't a bad idea either since your 5 year old would probably like seeing animals more than universal

what disney parks?

You don't do what you want or what the misses wants. You do what the kid wants.

Keep in mind its a 3 hour drive between Disney and Universal Studios at rush hour.

One day with fast pass is all you need at Universal Florida. No idea about Cali.

I personally wouldn't be able to do those three parks in three days i t would be tiring, I usually do them in two separate occasions. California adventure has the new incredibles rollercoaster, universal has the stunt shows like waterworld,the food at the harry potter section is also good they also serve beer there.

I agree universal studios has been packed lately I could barely move when I was there last month. it used to be way emptier in 2004.

You don't do what you want or what the misses wants. You do what the kid wants.
She's 5 bro... At that age they don't really know what they want. I could show her a chuck e cheese commercial and if I ask her if she would rather go there or disneyland she might tell me chuck e cheese just because it's fresh in her head.

Thanks for all the replies guys, apparently I wasn't receiving notifications so I didn't realize until now there had been more replies. We are staying in Anaheim not Florida. I think all things considered we will just do the 3 days at Disney/California being as it's a short trip and why spend more time travelling.

Did both on my honeymoon, two days Disney one universal. It's a small park so you can do everything at Universal in one day, but it's fun as fuck and worth going just for the experience. Two days at Disney is good, but make sure you get those passes that let you get in an hour early. Check the map out first, pick the stuff you want to go on the most, and hit all of it like a surgical strike in that hour.

Before the lines, and the heat set in. That way by lunch time you will have seen most of the park, and you won't be pissed off from waiting in a mega line for every single thing. Trust me, do it this way and you'll thank me later.

Keep in mind its a 3 hour drive between Disney and Universal Studios at rush hour.
There's a shuttle that picks you up like two blocks away from the hotels by disneyland, and drops you right at universal. Then comes back to pick you up at the end of the day. Wasn't bad at all, a bit of a trip but not 3 hours each way.

I went to Disney/universal studios when I was like 5. I enjoyed universal studios a lot more. I got to sit in the audience for a Nickelodeon game show which was fun plus I met my hero. FB_IMG_1532345787028.jpg

Personally I'd do 1 day and Disney, 1 day at old school Universal Studios, and 1 day at Universal Island of Adventure.

Back