Disliking a fighter for height is equivalent to hating a fighter for race. | Page 7

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by AngryManlet, Mar 18, 2017.

1. WAR RANDLEMAN! Mystical Jobber

WAR RANDLEMAN!
    stop this trash talk, shane carwin identifies as 6'5 show some respect

2. ClckwrkOra Blue Belt

ClckwrkOra
    United States does have a history of mistreating African-Americans, such as through slavery and Jim Crow.

Granted, short people did endure the Randy Newman song about them back in the day.

But you're talking apples and oranges, guy.

3. Coolidge Finally Woke

Coolidge
    That shows how ingenuous and enterprising diminutive people can be. The higher you build your barriers, the taller they become -- not in a literal sense, but in terms of spirit and drive.

4. mc3 Blue Belt

mc3
    Manlets also have high piched, squeeky, manlet sounding voices - which studies have shown limit job opportunities.

eg, Dominic cruz fight calling job would be a lock if he didn't have a such a manlet sounding voice.

5. Gun'n'Run Tuna Belt

Gun'n'Run
    OK so wait let me get this shit straight

I made a thread with a poll asking who you'd all pick if Gastelum fought Bisping -- It was WASTELANDED within 10 minutes.

But this stupid fucking bullshit goes on for 5 pages and sits on the front page all fucking day?

Can someone tell me what the fuck this thread has to do with MMA?

6. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    It has to do with the clear discrimination of fighters and the fact that everyone tries to push this away as a joke when it is not that. Sizism is no less a form of discrimination than racism. How would everyone feel if nobody took a fighter like Anderson Silva seriously because he was not a Heavyweight? People would complain. There was a time when this was true, right after the introduction of weight classes.

If someone tomorrow made a thread saying "I don't watch Demetrious because he is black" they would be muted and or dubbed. People would comment "Dam, never knew you were that kind of guy"

If tomorrow someone said "i don't watch Demetrious Johnson cause he's short" , you may have a person or two saying you're not a real mma fan but there would be no outrage or punishment.

Pickem threads are insanely common and useless, there are already countless bet threads. They don't drive our progressive thoughts and counter cultural attitudes.

7. Gun'n'Run Tuna Belt

Gun'n'Run
    Right, you're talking about PC bullshit with a troll account so thinly veiled, I struggle to see any sign of a veil at all.

I don't know about some of you but I want to see an MMA forum. If you want to muse about people hating short men, go somewhere else. Sherdog's for talking about fighting.

8. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    Anderson has a high pitched voice and I'd argue TJ has a manlier voice than him.
    So you like to listen to guys with pleasant deep voices for your ears rather than pure talented fighters?

9. SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

SuperNerd
    Nazi salute makes a lot more sense.

10. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    False, there is clear discrimination against 125 fighters and this is occurring in the UFC which Sherdog is a talking grounds for. It is fair and clear to talk about discriminating acts against fighters in the UFC under those grounds. Just like it would be fair under any other sports-based forum. Saying "PC bullshit" does not disguise that you are factually incorrect about this, just like if someone said "interracial marriage is PC bullshit" back in the 1950s would also not justify their argument.

11. Darkart Caucasian Belt

Darkart
    Nope if you are short you get no respect in the corporate world. Height is as important in the boardroom as it is in sports. Only 10 of 500 Fortune 500 Companies have a CEO less than 5'7", while 300 fortune 500 CEOs are 6ft plus.

http://gladwell.com/blink/why-do-we-love-tall-men/

12. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    Racism is wrong because it is wrong to prejudice and discriminate a person over an uncontrollable factor like their race. Even if blacks were never enslaved it would not justify a person's actions to discriminate against black folk. Short statured individuals suffer a variety of disadvantages because of the lack of appropriate attitudes towards it, nobody treats it as a form of discrimination even though it clearly is and as a progressive society we should make aims to alter our views beyond heuristics and clear prejudice.

13. Gun'n'Run Tuna Belt

Gun'n'Run
    False, the link between your discussion and the UFC is tenuous at best, just like if someone wanted to talk about socio-economic strata and made a thread saying that poor people can't afford fight tickets.

See? I can do it too. Your shtick is basic.

14. Codpiece Silver Belt

Codpiece
    Yes, it is.

Which is why if you mock MM for his height you may as well go in on him for being black too. You can't make things any worse by doing so.

15. GTS Black Belt

GTS

16. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    Lloyd Blankfein is about 5'5 to 5'7 and is the CEO of Goldman sachs, arguably one of the most powerful financial institutions on this planet.

It's true that on average, the CEO range is 6'2, because naturally our society conveys leadership. But did you also know that only about 1% of CEOs in the Fortune 500 are black? How about you tell a black person not to strive for success because of an article you found on the internet.

17. Bowel-forged Stool White Belt

Bowel-forged Stool
    I don't make fun of DJ because he's like 5 foot nothing or 4'11.. or 125lbs.. I don't make fun of him at all. I don't watch his cards. Because so many people think like me, I think his bank balance is his shortest attribute.

18. ClckwrkOra Blue Belt

ClckwrkOra
    That's a noble sentiment, guy. But unfortunately it doesn't line up with the reality of how humans behave.

People receive disparate treatment over a million things they can't control. Good looking people have a leg up, while the disabled and mentally ill start out at the bottom of the deck.

As long as the history of racism is what it is ... your idea will remain an idea.

19. AngryManlet Double Yellow Card

AngryManlet
    We still show respect and progressive attitudes towards the disabled and if someone said something like "I can't respect Matt Hammill because of his disability" there would be a clear outrage as well. The argument stands.

20. Darkart Caucasian Belt

Darkart
    I'd tell them to found their own company if their goal is to be a CEO, I wouldn't sugar coat it and tell them if they just work hard they can make it to the top. Since if you are short or if you are black, even if your the better candidate, you will be passed over. You probably won't even make it to VP level. Not to say you can't be successful, but the C-level and board membership is a club not dictated by performance or ability, but whose vag you dropped out of and how tall you grew to be.

That's how it really is.