dishonored 2

Great game.. a few ai pathfinding glitches..

One of my favourite franchises.

I've played the original at least 3 times through.. this one adds another character with different skills to replay with. .. great addition..

Looking forward to the replay, a good sign of a great game.

i'll probably go redbox on this one. I played the first one stealth and murderous but overall I didn't enjoy it. I still have it somewhere so maybe i'll fire it up and see if my opinion changed.

SON OF A BITCH I downloaded 3 fucking days and nights for the game with this shit excuse of an internet and even with medium it runs horribly. They said that a patch is incoming in the next few days, but I hope it wont take long. I love Dishonored, completed the first 3-4 times. Would love to try mid/high chaos with Corvo on this one and killing nobody with Emily later.

Got GTX 970, 12 GB RAM, intel i5 4690k and this shit isnt even close to running medium well for me.

Ive heard mixed reports that some people with near the same or even better specs can run it well. But this is just a one of the marks that it hasnt been optimized well - for some it runs decent, many it doesnt. Sucks to be in the latter group.

Hopefully the patch comes soon. Cant damn wait.

Emily is the murder bot and has cool powers to really mess people up, Corvo is stealth.

The beta patch 1.3 really helped with the performance issues. Just update your graphic drivers and disable all but one of your graphic cards from device manager (if you're running multiple cards). Top notch game otherwise. Shame on Bethesda's publishing & review policy.

Got this when it came out, got about 4-5 hours in and just don't care to go any further. It's definitely more of the same but for some reason I liked the first one better.

If this series was third person I could see liking it more. A game that is based around stealth should either not be first person, or if it is in first person, shouldn't make something like seeing through walls a limited-use power. I have a surround sound system and audio cues are still not always there or way off so being able to tell if someone is right around the corner or across the hall becomes a handicap, if that makes any sense. First person stealth games need more cues to the activity going around the player, and don't need to penalize them for those cues by draining an energy bar or whatever.

I don't necessarily need to see people that aren't moving, but something to show me which direction and proximity footsteps are coming from - things like that. There's nothing more frustrating than being given the idea that "oh, the there's a guard around the corner...the footsteps are faint so he must be way down the hall" only to turn the corner and find the dude is right there and the game itself was inaccurate. Mark of the Ninja handled stealth really great, and while it was a 2D side scroller, the way they handled footsteps and stuff like that would translate well into a first person stealth game.

The first game was boring as fuck, so I hope this isnt
Not sure it was boring at level "fuck" but i did lose interest quite early on.

Not sure stealth games are my pleasure... Manhunt was the last best stealth game, with the Batman games being runner ups.

I think i like my stealth to a minimum rather than down stage, center.

Just about finished with my first run through as Corvo and I'm pretty impressed overall. Lots of small things that bother me though :

-Went from a simple yet very effective interface to this bulky, unnecessarily complicated mess of an interface
-The sound of footsteps don't seem to really correlate to where the other people are... I'm wearing my headphones and I hear footsteps only in my left ear, but there is nobody there, and there is absolutely somebody on my right
-It feels quite a bit more linear as most windows are locked, most rooftops are inaccessible due to height, and it really cuts down on the use of going vertical to bypass obstacles.
-When you get a new bonecharm it just goes somewhere in the list, so if you miss the name of it when you picked it up, you have to scroll through the whole list and try to find the new one. Also, the bonecharm list appears to have no sorting AT ALL, makes it's frustrating to change them around for certain encounters.

Overall it's a badass game and I think it's a very good sequel, small quirks aside, it has quite a bit or replay value due two main playable characters, as well as going high chaos, med/low chaos, non-lethal ghost. I've taken my time and really tried to find every bonecharm/rune, as well as every painting, and I think I'm about 15 hours in just as I'm starting the last level. I would say that if you liked the first one this is going to feel great and it's a welcome addition to my library.

Edit: I did mean to comment on a few of the levels and their complexity. Two levels in particular feel almost like Legend of Zelda dungeons with how they are designed. One is a mansion level where there's switches which rotate and alter the rooms, forcing you to really put it all together mentally to get where you want to go. The other is a time-traveling (only 3 years) level which requires you to go back and forth in time to get through the map. Pretty amazing and lots of fun, much more than I had expected from the trailers.

I keep seeing the commercial and I really like the song used. For anyone else that liked it...

Okay, been playing this for almost a month, from time to time and am half way through it!

Trying to get through it without murdering anybody and its a real fucking bitch. Also depressing as hell.

Everything is much much more difficult. Guards walk around in mobs that watch each other. Levels are designed to channel you into guards. Powers seem weaker. I feel I'm deliberately being forced into fighting guards, which is not something I want to do but I went through one level in two fucking hours not killing people and then did the same in 10 minutes by slaughtering them.

Gameplay aside, the story is a lot weaker. I have no idea what I'm doing and why, instead of the relatively simple story that lead to me saving the princess.

I'm thinking of dumping this game and it would be the first I haven't finished on PS4 since I bought the console.

Finally got to this in my steam backlog. What a gem, the sort of game I look for in a sequel, keeps all the features I like and polished the game more.

I don't understand how either of these games don't get more mainstream attention.

Finally got to this in my steam backlog. What a gem, the sort of game I look for in a sequel, keeps all the features I like and polished the game more.

I don't understand how either of these games don't get more mainstream attention.
Because the launch of the game was riddled with bugs and issues.

Initially, pc players with beefy machines, fucking GTX 1080's couldn't even run this.

It was all eventually fixed, but by then, it was too little, too late.

Dumped it and finished about 6 big games in the meantime. Includes three Yakuza games :)

Because the launch of the game was riddled with bugs and issues.

Initially, pc players with beefy machines, fucking GTX 1080's couldn't even run this.

It was all eventually fixed, but by then, it was too little, too late.
Im old and savvy enough to see Bethesda on the cover and forgive the game for bugs in advance or not buy it :)

Yep I liked it. Unfortunately to many bugs for those who played on release day.

Back