Discuss and Rate the Last Movie You Saw v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Visit.

I know this got a lot of heat on here, but I really liked it. I laughed a few times and bc I don't think too much during movies the twists were fun. Lol at what the barn was for. Nasty xD

Any other fun comedy horrors like this that y'all would recommend?

My wife just went on a binge with horror/thrillers in the past 5 days.

The Girl On the Train 7/10 (this one I watched, it was pretty good).
The Shallows - 5/10
The Girl with All The Gifts - 6/10 (better than I thought it was going to be. Was like a mix of The Strain/28 Days Later/Walking Dead)
The Autopsy Of Jane Doe - 7/10

The ones I heard in the background but didn't watch...

Lake Eerie
Siren
Amityville: Exorcism
First Born
Shelley
Clown
Don't Breathe
Lights Out
Edgar Allen Poe's Lighthouse Keeper
Other Halves
Ouija: Origin Of Evil
The Purge Trilogy
The Exorcism Of Molly Hartley
The Visit

USS Indianapolis... 3/10, and that's being gracious.

Thank you Mario Van Peebles for taking what could have been an amazing movie (in the hands of a competent director/producer) and turning out this piece of shit trainwreck. The worst part... I watched it waiting for it to get better, and then the credits rolled. Two hours of my life I'll never get back. :(

Guernica (2016)

The GOAT movie of all time. #GuernicaGOAT

Kidding. The last movie I saw was

Ready to Rumble (2000)

Still a 2/10 but I fuckin love it

The Magnificent Seven (2016)-

7/10. Good. Not great

Hell or High Water (2016)
8/10 Very good. Not great

Clinical (2017) - 3/10

Netflix original movie that felt more like a lifetime original movie, very stale/predictable plot.

What Was the Last Movie You Saw (it doesn't have to be in the movie theater)?

Name:
Brief Review:
Rating (out of 10):
Trailer:

Me first...

Name: Dangal

Brief Review: Fantastic movie based on a true story about an Indian national wrestling champion who trained his daughters to be wrestlers. It is entirely in Hindi but has English subtitles. Very much worth seeing (especially if you ever wrestled).

Rating: 10/10

Trailer:

The Challenge

1970 Network Movie about a Cold War crisis, starring Darren McGavin and a young Sam Elliott.

The directing credit ultimately went to Alan Smithee, if you know what that means. It was completely incoherent.

All it had going for it was that old 70s network charm and some brief indications that Elliott was on his way to bigger things.

3.5 / 10

Name: Police MILFS VII

Brief Review: A fine, well-endowed gentleman is pulled over for a traffic violation by some Boise Dimes in uniform. One thing leads to another and hijinks ensue. Various subtitles are available for this indie film

Rating: 7.5/10

Trailer:

You really thought there was a trailer here, huh fuckface <{nope}>

Edge of Winter - 5/10

Movies in snow makes me sleepy and it did.

homos in the hood was way too hyped 5/10
2787813_Moonlight_2016.jpg

Name: Now you see me 2

Rating 6/10

Trailer:

Embrace of the Serpent

Any movie with a tapir in it gets at least a 9/10

Watched Drive again, and it's still my favourite movie, up there with Donnie Darko. Both 10/10

Goddamn, Ryan Gosling played the coolest guy to ever hit the big screen.

Also watched the original Westworld, because I want to start watching the new series.

I give it a 7.5 for interesting concept and fun movie.

Batman Under The Red Hood cartoon. Not bad.

Also bought 5 movie Superman Collection for $9, which seems to have the better director's cut, etc.

Name: Hidden Figures

Brief Review: Group of black women who work for NASA in the 50s and 60s as "computers" break barriers by being physicists, mathematicians and engineers within the segregated program. The story shows the struggle of not only being a woman in a male-dominated career field, but especially a woman of color which brought on it's own set of trials and tribulations. They primarily focus on Katherine Johnson who helped calculate the trajectory for Alan Shepard (first American in space), as well as the orbit around the earth for Col John Glenn. Col Glenn wouldn't take off until Ms. Johnson confirmed the numbers, she was that good. Super heavy stuff. Awesome, awesome movie.

Rating: 10 out of 10

Trailer:

Name: Hidden Figures

Brief Review: Group of black women who work for NASA in the 50s and 60s as "computers" break barriers by being physicists, mathematicians and engineers within the segregated program. The story shows the struggle of not only being a woman in a male-dominated career field, but especially a woman of color which brought on it's own set of trials and tribulations. They primarily focus on Katherine Johnson who helped calculate the trajectory for Alan Shepard (first American in space), as well as the orbit around the earth for Col John Glenn. Col Glenn wouldn't take off until Ms. Johnson confirmed the numbers, she was that good. Super heavy stuff. Awesome, awesome movie.

Rating: 10 out of 10

Trailer:

Same here, although I was going to give it 8/10.

v1.bTsxMTE3NjMxODtqOzE3Mjc0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Came across this the other night while flipping through the channels. A breath of fresh air for sure. Love stumbling upon films I wasn't prepared to come across. Shocked that I never heard of this before or never came across this after 34 years of living. Definitely a throwback, but it was aired in HD.

Brief Review: Based on a true story, Al Pacino is the main character in a simple bank robbing film that causes the audience to root for "the bad guy", even though Pacino's character doesn't come off as a "bad guy". A brilliant display of acting skills provided by Pacino.

Rating: 7.5/10.

The Girl on the Train - 7/10

Pretty solid melodrama with some interesting twists and turns, Blunt was actually pretty remarkable in this...im a bit surprised at how poorly this movie was received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back