Discuss and Rate the Last Movie You Saw v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd tear Cobie's ass up.

bf78b164bc1fa5dac77072b3a2cb70ba.jpg

She's purty, I agree.

But is more suited to a Jennifer Connelly type role in Requiem For A Dream.

Last edited:
Am I remembering the movie right? Doesn't the sister end up in pieces in his suitcase or something?

I'm an idiot. Just watched the ending and clearly she was in the suitcase. Hense the music. I thought the headrest was her. Damn, I was so convinced that she reformed him or he found a will to live. Yeah, he was a serial killer.

Dunkirk 8/10: Solid ass film. Incredible director. I felt that it can only be watched in the theater to not get distracted and allow yourself to get consumed in it. How can he film the movie without even ever showing the enemy but still feel the suspense? wow..

Logan 7/10: Like the dark approach to the comic movie. I was entertain as much as I was then watching Guardians of the Galaxy despite being two different genres in the comic book world.

Hacksaw Ridge 6.5/10: Entertaining. Nothing out of this world. But when you compare war movies such as Dunkirk and Hacksaw Ridge, I feel that there are plenty of directors can do what Hacksaw did. There are hardly capture the what Christopher Nolan did, definitely has his stamp on it.

Still as much as I like Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan still pfp #1 war movie of all time.

I'm watching Kong. So far the giant monsters deliver as does the main cast but movie suffers from the normal problem of characters doing absolute dumb shit.

Helicopter pilots who fly right next each other and crash, can't avoid a giant ape, and apparently can't hit a building sized monkey with 50 cals.

Pilot who constantly sets down all his weapons and equipment. Soldiers who are supposed to be battle hardened from fighting the VC but are idiotic.

Second half of the movie just straight fell apart.

Last edited:
The last movie I saw was called how to be a man with gavin mcinnes from few years back.

I thought it was hilarious and if you like funny movies you should watch it.

Fate Of The Furious - 2/10

I've enjoyed the series, but the recent entry is trash. Only redeeming quality was The Rock & Jason Statham's banter.

F&F7 had some great moments, with a tier-jerking ending that made the more ridiculous moments very forgivable.

But in the 8th entry, its becoming an embarassing parody of everything wrong with Hollywood movies...

...yet, it grossed over a billion dollars.

Just finished Zodiac. Could have been better. Robert Downey is great as always though

Michael Jackson's This is It - 6/10 - I was hoping for and expecting a lot more behind the scenes stuff but this was essentially just a video concert. Not bad, but I wanted to see more of what went in to building the concert, coming up with the ideas, and setting everything up.

Just finished Zodiac. Could have been better. Robert Downey is great as always though

Where did you find it lacking? I think it might be Fincher's best movie.

I'm trying to watch Logan tonight or tomorrow; hope to come here and give my thoughts when I do. Some friends recommended it to me and said it was up my alley - darker, more serious. Looking forward to it. Heard it was Jackman's and Stewart's adieux - crazy. Hard to let go of guys who seem born for but one role.

Where did you find it lacking? I think it might be Fincher's best movie.
It just kinda jumped from incident to incident without much flow. I feel like if i wssnt already familiar with the Zodiac case i would have been confused

Finally watched Interstellar. It was ok, there was some good stuff in it, but holy fuck the plot twist was about as subtle as a brick through a window. That was some fuckin Murder She Wrote level of signalling going on right there. Really fucked the ending of the film as far as I was concerned.

The Forest - 2/10

Absolute dogshit movie. Don't ever watch it. Surprised Natalie Dirmer would stick her name on something so trash, unless she badly needed the money.

Petes Dragon (remake) 6/10

gallery_petesdragon_09_90de8930.jpeg

I grew up watching the older version, but my god, its hard as fuck to watch now. Its a musical with shit songs. That said, I was A ok with a remake.

This was....dull? I think so, though I am older now, but my god, there isnt a lot fun going on here. The beginning was too serious for a kids movie, I thought. Gives clarity as to how Pete ends up alone, sure, but it just seemed oddly placed. Elliot, the dragon, looks fake as fuck. I am constantly reminded of the damn thing being a cartoon...which is crazy because the original is a fucking cartoon. However, like a badly made shoop, its part of the charm, whereas here, theyre trying to make Elliot look real.

The bond between Pete and Elliot is ok, meaning, its not terrible. Elliot is much like a dog and Pete treats him like a friend. However, I found myself forgetting that its not a dog, its a dragon. Meaning, the magic of Pete finding a monster and befriending him just isnt here. Its hard to describe really.

The supporting actors are just ok too. The best one is the woman from Lady in the Water. She seemed right at home in this role. Plus Redford played a great grandpa. The other two leads? Shit...they were trying so hard to be in a childrens movie. Honestly who cares, were here for Pete and Elliot.

Bottom line, its just ok. I found it a bit boring and I can see kids not paying attention to this movie and I say its cuz its not as fun as the original. It does NOT need the songs, but I am not sure what its missing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back