Dillon Danis, with zero pro MMA fights on resume, says 'Bellator: NYC' will tank without him

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dillon Danis hasn’t even competed in his first professional MMA fight, but he claims Bellator is missing out on a big financial opportunity by not putting him in the promotion’s second pay-per-view event just two months away.

“We’d have to talk,” Danis told MMAjunkie prior to this past Friday’s Bellator 175. “We’d have to talk numbers, we’d have to talk everything. Just enticement. Because at the end of the day, that pay-per-view is not going to sell unless I’m on it.

“They’ve got a bunch of guys that no one cares about. But you put me on there, and the numbers will skyrocket, in my hometown, Madison Square Garden. The ball’s in their field.”

Danis (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) made a lot of headlines for outlandish claims even before he signed with the Viacom-owned promotion, so fighting on June 24 at “Bellator: NYC” shouldn’t catch anyone by surprise. Since stepping into the MMA spotlight as Conor McGregor’s jiu-jitsu coach and signing with Bellator, he’s followed a similar verbal path as the UFC lightweight champ.

Recently, Danis said he’s the highest paid fighter on the Bellator roster, a statement so ridiculous it’s impossible to take seriously. But as he makes clear, it doesn’t really matter whether people believe him or not.

“At the end of the day, I say what I want, I do what I want,” he said. “And no one’s going to stop me. If you don’t think I’m the highest paid, come say it to my face.”

There are plenty of opponents already waiting to do that. He’s set to headline the grappling-only Submission Underground 4 opposite onetime UFC title challenger Jake Shields, and Bellator veteran Steve Kozola (8-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) wants to face him in the cage when he makes his debut.

Danis is now targeting December for his first walk to the cage, though he cautioned his coaches will ultimately decide when he’s ready. Right now, though, his mouth is lining up plenty of fights.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/dillon...esume-says-bellator-nyc-will-tank-without-him

This guys shtick is annoying, but I guess it's working because I want to see his block get knocked off.

Dudes striking looks like Michael phelps swimming above water, yet is talking like he is the uncrowned champ.

Hard to believe I'm the same age as Dillon...

Can't wait till he loses his debut and shuts the fuck up. boy needs some hespect

I think we should collectively stop making threads about this douche, because every time we do, it adds to his search engine stats, and he hasn't earned that.

"Come say it to my face"

*ducks Gracie

“We’d have to talk numbers, we’d have to talk everything. Just enticement. Because at the end of the day, that pay-per-view is not going to sell unless I’m on it."

vizzini-laughing-o.gif

Has anyone actually heard an interview with him? He's this quiet, shy, soft spoken guy. It makes his statements that much more ridiculous.

Christ he's just reciting everything Conor's ever said, just without the actual fights to back it up, really hard to like someone who talks the talk before even making the walk.

How strong is his bjj record, is top 5 in his weight class?

I wholeheartedly agree. That's why I hope they make Danis vs. Manhoef the headliner. I'd definitely pay to see that!

Fuck outta here, who cares about this guy?

Dillon Dannis is the heel MMA needs
I actually disagree.

You usually want to see heels lose, so you tune into to watch that happen.

In this case you want him to lose, but you don't tune in to watch it happen and just see the gifs afterwards.

I heard so much hype about this guy I didn't know he hasn't even fought yet LOL. Being good in pure BJJ usually rarely ever transitions to being good in MMA.

No disrespect to kozzola but lets feed him to mvp or daley and watch him get knocked out instead

Danis and Gallagher need to fight to see who the real Conor Jr is.

Gallagher has the look and Danis is trying the talk. Not room for both of them, only one can be Conor Jr. Live on PPV

Back