Dillon Danis: ‘Conor could beat Khabib in a grappling match’

Torres and Ryan, DI wrestlers? really? Ryan has shitty wrestling compared to any college wrestler. He is an outstanding grappler, but close to a DI wrestler? There are many great wrestlers in mma and fewer in submission grappling, yet you mention Gordan Ryan. lol. Ryan is nowhere near being a DI level wrestler, i wouldn't even say a DIII level wrestler. Ruth is by far the best wrestler that you mentioned.

But yeah, they are better submission grapplers (I don't think Ruth is, just yet. He is still learning).
Nope, I said "or close to it", not that all I listed are actual D1 Wrestlers. Ryan and JT's resumes speak for themselves, an opinion is biased beyond that. What I replied to was a post saying that no American based D1 level wrestler was a better grappler then Khabib.

Lol what? Khabib has more chance of beating Conor at a boxing match than this happening.

Closer to reality than what most shertards who have never trained once in their lives think of Conor's grappling.

He's not wrong khabib has shit for subs just holds people, it would be a draw or Conor win. ADCC is about subs not control or g and p
I don't know what's worse, that this is the dumbest post I've ever seen on sherdog and that you actually believe this shit or that 5 people liked this, hopefully they were trolling when they did so.

Khabib is a multiple time no-gi BJJ champ, multiple time Sambo world champ, has several submissions, mainly off his back before his UFC tenure (he's been on his back for a bit only once in his UFC career, and the one time he was he locked in a deadly triangle that would've choked Abel Trujillo out of not for the bell).

He has some of the most beautiful triangles and transitions I've seen in MMA. There's a GIF of him absolutely ragdolling 3rd degree black belt Leandro Vieira and choking him out with a d'arce.

Also, control is one of the biggest factors in the ADCC, so you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about. Change your username to something more realistic like "D1 McNuthugger"

Last edited:
Danis is the biggest tool. Feel sorry for his young ignorant fans.

He's not wrong khabib has shit for subs just holds people, it would be a draw or Conor win. ADCC is about subs not control or g and p

Educate yourself. Watch YouTube vids of Khabib's grappling. He is a phenomenal grappler, he just chooses to hold you down and smash you, and elite BJJ heavy fighters need to take a lot of risks in MMA.

Khabib plays it safe and only goes for the sub when openly presented. Otherwise, he's happy to pound your face.

He is slurping that Irish cock properly. Got go get dat money from Conor.

Also Ronda can drop boxing champs with body shots.

Educate yourself. Watch YouTube vids of Khabib's grappling. He is a phenomenal grappler, he just chooses to hold you down and smash you, and elite BJJ heavy fighters need to take a lot of risks in MMA.

Khabib plays it safe and only goes for the sub when openly presented. Otherwise, he's happy to pound your face.

I was seriously not impressed with what I saw in his last fight. He got a lot of takedowns and did not do much with them. At times could not hold his man down. And he whiffed on some takedowns as well. And his striking was bad. Chin up hands down. One little mistake and that Irishman can put you away. We will see. Conor Fights only the very best. For all those people that ever question that, they got smacked right in the face with a dose of reality. This is a warrior. He is not afraid of anyone.

I don't know what's worse, that this is the dumbest post I've ever seen on sherdog and that you actually believe this shit or that 5 people liked this, hopefully they were trolling when they did so.

Khabib is a multiple time no-gi BJJ champ, multiple time Sambo world champ, has several submissions, mainly off his back before his UFC tenure (he's been on his back for a bit only once in his UFC career, and the one time he was he locked in a deadly triangle that would've choked Abel Trujillo out of not for the bell).

He has some of the most beautiful triangles and transitions I've seen in MMA. There's a GIF of him absolutely ragdolling 3rd degree black belt Leandro Vieira and choking him out with a d'arce.

Also, control is one of the biggest factors in the ADCC, so you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about. Change your username to something more realistic like "D1 McNuthugger"
This. That was one of the first grappling vids I watched of Khabib, and his passing and scrambles to a darce was unreal. No one schools world class BJJ black belts like that. It looked like a black belt rolling with a blue belt.

Not to mention a lot of posters can't seem to appreciate his dominance with MMA grappling. He's not grinding guys to the ground and being stagnant in guard like your Baders and Fitches, he's constantly nullifying opponents, moving into better positions and pounding on guys the whole time.

For long term MMA fans, particularly those who've grappled, he is one of a kind in MMA at the moment. Whether you think he's the best 155er on the planet is really irrelevant. You can appreciate someone's dominance and talent without calling them GOAT.

You know Khabib is a grapling world champion right? But we all know that you believe Conor would outrun olympic runners and outswim olympic swimmers. Comon man..

Stupidity truly is a disease, and it’s destroying the population one fucking idiot at a time. My post if you were capable of actually being able to infer, clearly states that I disagree with the premise he could defeat him in a grappling match. He must use his length and striking. I said this. Unfortunately you are retarded.
Let's break down the stupid turd of a post that you made.
Stay long

Keep the range

Get the KO..
1) There is NOTHING suggesting that you even know what the topic of this threat is. This reads like you saw Conor's name and you clicked on the thread to post a generic post praising him.

2) Not only do you never acknowledge the subject matter of the thread, but you post adds NOTHING to the conversations going on.

3) Clearly disagreeing with the post would look like this.

Conor is not a grappler.

Beating Khabib on his own terms is a fruitless endeavor.

Conor's strength is in his striking.

Through that he can win.

It's not that hard you brain dead piss ant.

I was seriously not impressed with what I saw in his last fight. He got a lot of takedowns and did not do much with them. At times could not hold his man down. And he whiffed on some takedowns as well. And his striking was bad. Chin up hands down. One little mistake and that Irishman can put you away. We will see. Conor Fights only the very best. For all those people that ever question that, they got smacked right in the face with a dose of reality. This is a warrior. He is not afraid of anyone.
He dominated Al (one of the most underrated strikers at 155) on the feet and punished him whenever he got him to the ground.

I was surprised how the fight played out - particularly with Al's ability to get back to the feet and stuff a few TDs - but c'mon. That was a lose-lose fight for Khabib and he dominated him.

Its not about Conor and his willingness to fight anyone. No one's arguing whether or not Khabib can beat Conor on the feet (its a universal 'no'), so I'm not sure why you're even mentioning that. The thread is about a stupid statement one of Conor's yes man said stating that he could beat Khabib in a pure grappling match.

That is just as stupid as Khabib's dad coming out and saying his son could beat Conor in a striking match.

We all know who's good at what here. Its not even worth debating. This is about as high level of a striker versus grappler match up as you could make. That's what makes it so intriguing. Both guys have a singular way to win.

Let's break down the stupid turd of a post that you made.

1) There is NOTHING suggesting that you even know what the topic of this threat is. This reads like you saw Conor's name and you clicked on the thread to post a generic post praising him.

2) Not only do you never acknowledge the subject matter of the thread, but you post adds NOTHING to the conversations going on.

3) Clearly disagreeing with the post would look like this.

Conor is not a grappler.

Beating Khabib on his own terms is a fruitless endeavor.

Conor's strength is in his striking.

Through that he can win.

It's not that hard you brain dead piss ant.

How the fuck did that rambling incoherent attempt at a post address anything? This is someone that was discussing a hypothetical. A hypothetical that is obviously ridiculous. Why is it ridiculous? It is ridiculous because these two will never face off in a grappling match. You will never see it. Nobody will ever see it. The question is who is going to win the fight? Skill for skill. This is someone that is saying he thinks he can match him in this skill. Of course he can not it is fight hype asshole. Obviously he is not going to defeat him in a grappling match. I am basically agreeing with you. But you are so fucking stupid and annoying you are still debating and picking a fight with me. Get a fucking life..

Khabiblievers don't even bother to read the few words Dillon said

How the fuck did that rambling incoherent attempt at a post address anything? This is someone that was discussing a hypothetical. A hypothetical that is obviously ridiculous. Why is it ridiculous? It is ridiculous because these two will never face off in a grappling match. You will never see it. Nobody will ever see it.

i know that reading is not your strong suit but try to understand the basic topics of the thread.

This is a thread addressing the claim that Conor would beat Khabib in a grappling tournament.

EVERYTHING UNRELATED TO GRAPPLING IS
IRREVERENT
The question is who is going to win the fight?
That is not what this thread is about.

Skill for skill. This is someone that is saying he thinks he can match them in this skill. Of course he can not it is fight hype asshole. Obviously he is not going to defeat him in a grappling match. I am basically agreeing with you. But you are so fucking stupid and annoying you are still debating and picking a fight with me. Get a fucking life..
No you are not. You are speaking about irrelevant shit in a thread that has nothing to do with any of the claims you are making. Now piss off you illiterate moron.

i know that reading is not your string suit but try to understand the basic topis of the thread.

This is a thread addressing the claim that Conor would beat Khabib in a grappling tournament.

EVERYTHING UNRELATED TO GRAPPLING IS
IRREVERENT

That is not what this thread is about.

No you are not. You are speaking about irrelevant shit in a thread that has nothing to do with any of the claims you are making. Now piss off you illiterate moron.

“But the obvious plan is to stay off the ground against “The Eagle” and finish him on the feet. That shouldn’t be a problem for McGregor, according to Dillon”

I have agreed with your overall premise like three times, and you are still arguing with me. If you had a brain cell that was properly functioning you would understand I agreed with you on the first post. Holy fuck.

Back