Dillon Danis: ‘Conor could beat Khabib in a grappling match’

conor hate threads/posts for easy likes, yawn.

obsessed with someone you hate lmao.

Wow I really pissed you off eh? lol, whatever. Believe what you want.

The guy's claims were silly and unfounded based on evidence at hand. Like I have said numerous times before. Khabib will get hit by Conor and will have his chin tested. Still doesn't make his defense bad. The tactics Khabib employs are reliable and have resulted in him rarely getting hit clean.

But hey, please keep bashing me in threads. Do whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Throw in more personal insults tho. You're never gonna upset me, so you might as well get a laugh out of me.

His defense isn't anything special. He's got an OK parry FOR MMA. That's it. The reason he isn't getting hit is because 1. He's not fighting the best strikers. 2. His grappling threat 3. He fights 100 miles back when he isn't grabbing someone.

He's clearly uncomfortable anywhere close to striking range, and these TERRIBLE habits of spazzing out like he has that you are insinuating are good aren't. The reason they're working is because the people he is going against.

Khabib is getting better in his striking, but so is MMA in general, and they are definitely outpacing him! He's still, even in MMA standards fairly bad.

Khabib's style is really exhausting and Conor has already shown his cardio isn't the best. Mendes had Conor on his back and Diaz subbed Conor there isn't enough time for Conor's wrestling or TDD to improve. I don't want to say this is a lock for Khabib, but it's a bad fight for Conor his only way of winning is with striking where Khabib has held his own on the feet against some legit stand up guys like Barboza and Iaquinta. I'm leaning towards Khabib for this one.. if Conor sleeps Khabib sherdog will crash.

Do you know why Chad took Conor down multiple times? And I'm not talking about his torn ACL and short-notice replacement, although those were no doubt detrimental to his results as well!

Conor has also trained two years since then for Khabib. He will be much better than we've ever seen him, objectively.

Khabib slowed down in his last fight too. He proved he can't keep up that pace for five rounds, much less when someone is hitting him like Conor will.

Not only is Conor a better grappler than people give him credit for, he will be an even better grappler than before. On the other hand, there is practically zero chance Khabib holds his own standing. Virtually his only chance is to either finish Conor early, or nail practically every single takedown and keep Conor always on the mat.

His defense isn't anything special. He's got an OK parry FOR MMA. That's it. The reason he isn't getting hit is because 1. He's not fighting the best strikers. 2. His grappling threat 3. He fights 100 miles back when he isn't grabbing someone.

He's clearly uncomfortable anywhere close to striking range, and these TERRIBLE habits of spazzing out like he has that you are insinuating are good aren't. The reason they're working is because the people he is going against.

Khabib is getting better in his striking, but so is MMA in general, and they are definitely outpacing him! He's still, even in MMA standards fairly bad.
RDA, MJ, Edson, and Al all have never done that poorly against a pressure wrestler until (or since) they fought Khabib. It's not just circumstance that all of these fighters keep ending up the same way. What Khabib does works. He stays at the edge of their range, uses awkward footwork to be harder to read, and parries or ducks while moving in to secure TDs. It is very simplistic method but it complements his style very well and is effective for a reason.

Now, there are issues with his defense for sure. He has difficulties avoiding straight shots, often having to move straight back (thus why he stays at the edge of his opponents range). His footwork is also fairly limited. He can cut angles on his shots but when it comes to evasive footwork, Khabib is not your guy. Pressuring forward comes with the risk of getting hit, so to some degree it can't be helped.

His defense is good. The fact that he hardly gets hit by guys who typically out strike most of their opponents supports this. The lack of definitive times he's been hurt supports this. His defense is simple but effective. It has it's holes of course but it is effective. Will that be enough to neutralize Conor's striking like his other opponents? Hell no! Khabib is going to eat some hard shots. Will it be enough for Khabib to work his game plan? I believe so. Smother shots and parrying strikes works. It is not ideal but it works. Khabib isn't coming out of this unscathed. He just needs to minimize the damage he takes.

With time Khabib's defense will only become more reliable and refined. I'm sure they're drilling Khabib hard on it as we speak. I do not think he will be out paced. He doesn't need amazing stand up for what he does. He just needs it to be good enough to compliment his style.

This all comes down to who dictates where this fight takes place. If Khabib gets a TD in the first minute then he'll be in a good place. If Conor can land some hard shots early on then he can take this. This is a close fight and extremely circumstantial. There a lots of ways this can play out.

I think he'll fight similarly to the Eddie fight, in that fight he pressed, but was much more cautious about getting too close, he did a lot more sliding in and out in that fight than he did in previous fights, he'll pick his shots more carefully, coz he can't get into a wild scramble with Khabib.

It's key that he catches Khabib early to give him something to worry about which in theory should make Khabib shoot from further out than is optimal.
This fight is full of a lot of what ifs and small variables that can make or break this for one or the other. I cannot wait to see this play out.

RDA, MJ, Edson, and Al all have never done that poorly against a pressure wrestler until (or since) they fought Khabib. It's not just circumstance that all of these fighters keep ending up the same way. What Khabib does works. He stays at the edge of their range, uses awkward footwork to be harder to read, and parries or ducks while moving in to secure TDs. It is very simplistic method but it complements his style very well and is effective for a reason.

Now, there are issues with his defense for sure. He has difficulties avoiding straight shots, often having to move straight back (thus why he stays at the edge of his opponents range). His footwork is also fairly limited. He can cut angles on his shots but when it comes to evasive footwork, Khabib is not your guy. Pressuring forward comes with the risk of getting hit, so to some degree it can't be helped.

His defense is good. The fact that he hardly gets hit by guys who typically out strike most of their opponents supports this. The lack of definitive times he's been hurt supports this. His defense is simple but effective. It has it's holes of course but it is effective. Will that be enough to neutralize Conor's striking like his other opponents? Hell no! Khabib is going to eat some hard shots. Will it be enough for Khabib to work his game plan? I believe so. Smother shots and parrying strikes works. It is not ideal but it works. Khabib isn't coming out of this unscathed. He just needs to minimize the damage he takes.

With time Khabib's defense will only become more reliable and refined. I'm sure they're drilling Khabib hard on it as we speak. I do not think he will be out paced. He doesn't need amazing stand up for what he does. He just needs it to be good enough to compliment his style.

This all comes down to who dictates where this fight takes place. If Khabib gets a TD in the first minute then he'll be in a good place. If Conor can land some hard shots early on then he can take this. This is a close fight and extremely circumstantial. There a lots of ways this can play out.

Lmao, is that suppose to be your list of great strikers Khabib has faced? Al is average at best when he isn't on short notice and being a real-estate agent for the past 2 years. Pre-prime RDA's striking was awful! Edson can only throw kicks and can't handle being pressured. And MJ is solid but gets mauled by everyone, what the hell are you talking about?

I've already told your deranged ass why it's effective. Effective is not optimal though, and when you aren't optimal, guess what? You eventually get exposed.

Thus, Khabib's defense is not good, lmao. This is why I can't have debates with you. You stay the absolutely stupidest shit like Khabib can make FW. It's just not true at all. Khabib's not going to win this fight with his "Striking defense". He's going to win it by taking withstanding a few blows and either keeping Conor planted to the mat, or finishing him there. If a repeat of some of his last fights like Iaquinta, or even Barboza happens, his heads going to be rolling on the mat. He can't afford to be standing up with Conor!

This fight is full of a lot of what ifs and small variables that can make or break this for one or the other. I cannot wait to see this play out.
100%, I've been saying for a couple of years, they are both in some way each other worst match up.

Khabib has the best chance of any LW in my opinion of beating Conor by taking him down and pummeling him on the mat, and that's not coz I think Conor is a poor grappler, I just think Khabib is as good as it gets in that departent.

But likewise I think Conor has the best chance of anyone at LW of taking Khabib out before he can implement his game, I also think his distance control will mean Khabib has a harder time of getting hold of Conor that alot of people think.

Because Conor got taken down by Chad Mendes a couple times, fighting with one leg, the myth has developed amongst his haters that he has no ground game. He has good grappling, but his striking is on another level, so of course he's going to go where he has the overwhelming advantage. The one time he needed to wrestle he made Max look like a little kid.
We all know Conor will knock Khabib out, but it would be fun to see him outgrapple him for a while first.
Yes because a 21 yr. old Max Holloway is basically Khabib.

McGregor will need all our support come October 6th we'll be here for you Conor...

RCCLogo-300x296.jpg

And fighters like Khabih and Nate cut even more weight

No matter which way you try to cut it, Nate was significantly larger then Conor

Why is it so hard for haters to give Conor the credit for beating someone who was significantly bigger

You want to downplay Conor's wins at FW yet ignore when he still out classes the much larger opponents

much larger? Nate has fought the vast majority of his career at 155. He isn't "much larger" contrary to what Conor tells you. and kudos on the win i don't really care, but this fallacy that he is some sort of brave human for fighting Nate diaz is laughable. Considering Nate is a fucking gatekeeper at 155.

Lmao, is that suppose to be your list of great strikers Khabib has faced? Al is average at best when he isn't on short notice and being a real-estate agent for the past 2 years. Pre-prime RDA's striking was awful! Edson can only throw kicks and can't handle being pressured. And MJ is solid but gets mauled by everyone, what the hell are you talking about?

I've already told your deranged ass why it's effective. Effective is not optimal though, and when you aren't optimal, guess what? You eventually get exposed.

Thus, Khabib's defense is not good, lmao. This is why I can't have debates with you. You stay the absolutely stupidest shit like Khabib can make FW. It's just not true at all. Khabib's not going to win this fight with his "Striking defense". He's going to win it by taking withstanding a few blows and either keeping Conor planted to the mat, or finishing him there. If a repeat of some of his last fights like Iaquinta, or even Barboza happens, his heads going to be rolling on the mat. He can't afford to be standing up with Conor!
Al has won all of his fights with his hands. He's criminally underrated. RDA was still beating out almost everyone he fought on the feet back then. Edson is limited but still incredibly dangerous. And MJ has some if the fastest hands at LW. He come out of all if those fights with minimal damage. You don't do that with bad defense. You're being ridiculous by looking at a guy that rarely gets touched and calling his defense bad.

You call me deranged when I point out the flaws in Khabib's stand up and outline how Conor can exploit them? I'm deranged for thinking Conor is good enough to do that? Or am I deranged in thinking Khabib doesn't go down in one round? Am I deranged for thinking that a fighter who hardly gets hit clean has good defense?

This is your issue. You only want to deal in extremes. I acknowledge the flaws in Khabib and you're just upset that I don't say that he sucks.

Also wtf are you talking about?! When Khabib came out and said he could make 145, I insited that he had to be joking because there was no way he could make that cut without the grace of God.

This fight is close. I lean towards Khabib. You lean towards Conor. I would not be shocked either way. Both are amazing fighters.

Whatever issue you have with me or Khabib or whoever is your business. But if you're looking fo me to call something that is effective bad then just save yourself some time and give up.

Getting hit clean by one of the UFC's best strikers isn't getting exposed. Just like Conor getting controlled on the ground isn't him being exposed. No one is getting exposed in this fight. This is just to determine who is the best.

You can't possibly believe this, can you? Khabib is a great wrestler, but he isn't taking Olympic wrestlers down at will. For god sake there have been mma fights where Khabib has failed to take down opponents that were no where near Olympic level.
Couldn't land one takedown against tibau but takes down Ed Ruth at will, seems legit

100%, I've been saying for a couple of years, they are both in some way each other worst match up.

Khabib has the best chance of any LW in my opinion of beating Conor by taking him down and pummeling him on the mat, and that's not coz I think Conor is a poor grappler, I just think Khabib is as good as it gets in that departent.

But likewise I think Conor has the best chance of anyone at LW of taking Khabib out before he can implement his game, I also think his distance control will mean Khabib has a harder time of getting hold of Conor that alot of people think.
Pretty much agree on all accounts. Every tool they have as the potential to be a double edged sword. It'll be interesting to see it play out.

Floyd dodged a left that could've ended the match...
akkf9sc7ys1p2clzg.jpg

Yes. Let’s sprint full speed, turn around, eat a shot first and throw a potential KO punch while being off balance and having momentum going backwards. Floyd sure is lucky he dodged that.

“Reinvent boxing”.

Funnier.gif

Yes. Let’s sprint full speed, turn around, eat a shot first and throw a potential KO punch while being off balance and having momentum going backwards. Floyd sure is lucky he dodged that.

“Reinvent boxing”.

Funnier.gif

this is legit the funniest sequence in a pro boxing fight in the last 20 years I think

Dillon Danis with his one dimensional BJJ.

Dude has no idea if he cannot get a leg lock. Jake Shields is quality, but he's a submission grappler, more a wrestler type. Dillon couldn't do shit.

Back