Dillon "Cringe Master" Danis will face Jake Shields at SUG4

I think we'll see a lot of Danaher influence in Jake's style in this match, and I think that is what will win it for him.

Jake may be too old to handle his riddim in a grappling event but if they fought mma at the same weight Jake would fucking destroy him im sure of that.

It's hard for me to see Jake subbing Danis, but I could definitely see him taking him down and just dominating him from the top the whole match. If he gets to the back he'll probably finish.

After watching Shields vs. Fitch, it's hard for me to imagine Shields having much fire inside of him anymore.

It's all good. I hope they make him face Paul Harris in his MMA debut.

I think he'll beat Jake in BJJ and then rematch him in MMA and get his ass whooped. They are probably making a story line between these two.

Something like McGregor vs Diaz but with their first officers.

And if he somehow beats Shields in MMA, then Nick will avenge him or some shit. And then McGregor will avenge his BJJ master... this can go on and on :)

I think he'll beat Jake in BJJ and then rematch him in MMA and get his ass whooped. They are probably making a story line between these two.

Something like McGregor vs Diaz but with their first officers.

And if he somehow beats Shields in MMA, then Nick will avenge him or some shit. And then McGregor will avenge his BJJ master... this can go on and on :)
Meanwhile everyone gets paid, and Nick still has something or someone to bitch about.

i know conor paid him big bucks to train (with) him.
Sure, that's more likely than not, but in this case what he's referring to is the specific Bellator contract he signed. I doubt they offered him more than like 150k, which is still a lot for Bellator, but I'm pretty sure Fedor fights for at least a million dollars (despite the fact that he's never proven to be a PPV draw, of course).

Also in that article, Danis refers to himself as a "star", another cringeworthy claim considering barely anyone outside of the BJJ world knows who he is.

It was pretty cringe when Danis Tweeted Jon Jones #beg me

Ugh.

Do you think Danis submits Shields?
Shields is a fantastic wrestler and positional grappler but Danis's submission game is fresher, trickier. I give Danis a good chance of subbing Shields during the initial part of the bout, and I would be shocked if Shields subbed Danis. Maybe he smothers him but I don't see him getting a sub. So for this part of the bout, I am definitely going with Danis as most likely to secure a win.

If it goes to overtime though...that shit with coin tossing and starting in back mount seems so random. It's a toss up who wins.

Shields is a fantastic wrestler and positional grappler but Danis's submission game is fresher, trickier. I give Danis a good chance of subbing Shields during the initial part of the bout, and I would be shocked if Shields subbed Danis. Maybe he smothers him but I don't see him getting a sub. So for this part of the bout, I am definitely going with Danis as most likely to secure a win.

If it goes to overtime though...that shit with coin tossing and starting in back mount seems so random. It's a toss up who wins.

Jake will beat Danis by being mentally stronger. Shields is a great grappler

Back