Dillion Whyte

jm0b

Puncher of Holes
@Blue
Reaction score
I think this guy has real potential. He has power in both hands, moves well for a guy of his build and put on a great performance against AJ.

I see a lot of people saying Wilder, AJ, Parker, Fury (less so), Povetkin are going to form the crux of title holders in the coming years.

Whyte nearly sparked AJ out in front of a huge capacity crowd in what was easily his biggest fight, got nasty when he was hit after the bell, took a lot of punishment and kept on coming... In short he didn't shrink from the occasion at all but rose to it, which is a very telling sign for a fighter.

He's fighting a British journeyman soon to get himself back on track after taking the AJ loss pretty bad.

I'd put money on him mixing it up with the best of of them in years to come.

I think once he gets on a better conditioning routine he could be top 5, lot of people are overlooking the joshua fight, I think he exposed a few weaknesses in AJ

He did well in the Joshua fight, but by Joshua's own admission he was way too careless in those first 2 rounds because the fight was personal. Dillian Whyte is decent, I think he's angling for a Chisora fight later this year, that will be a good test as Chisora is world gatekeeper level. Couple of big wins for Whyte and we'll see a big-time rematch with AJ next year I reckon.

... about time for a Derek Chisora appreciation thread.

I'm a big fan. One of the best shit talkers going. Buildup to the Joshua fight. "Eez nut from london! Eez from watford, when have you ever heard of a badman from watford?!"
I don't like how Dave Allen called him out for a fight though. Whyte said he's gonna need at least 1 warmup fight before fighting him.... If you need a warmup for Dave Allen then youre clearly not world level are you.

Back