Dillashaw vs Cejudo 125 or 135?

Barge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With Johnson injured, this fight must be being discussed at UFC HQ.

TJ wants the fight at 125, to give his detractors less ammunition, should he win and although happy with this arrangement, Cejudo has had trouble with the scales before, so should we not just want for this to go down at 135?

Both men fought last at UFC 227, where we had the benefit of fight day weigh ins for analysis.
TJ weighed 149.5 lbs
Cejudo 141 lbs

What do we make of the size difference?

Does the UFC want or need another 2 weight champ and the inevitability of another interim title at one weight or the other should TJ win the 125 strap?

I would rather see this at 135 if this fight has to happen. Presuming the weight cutting has less risk of taking a fighter out, like it did for Cejudo at 177, or diminishing the performance of either fighter.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

Why should this fight even happen? Cejudo just 'won' the belt. It isn't a superfight. There are contenders at 135.

135 makes since for the weight but the fight itself seems pointless.

Why should this fight even happen? Cejudo just 'won' the belt. It isn't a superfight. There are contenders at 135.

It's the 'super fight' nobody asked for, but both fighters want.
I would rather see Moraes fight for the 135 belt and couldn't honestly care less about 125.

Just make it a 130lb catch-weight and be done with it.

Personally I'd like to see either walk out as a two weight champ, since that's really what they're after. In most cases I wouldn't be up for this, but with guys as driven and professional as these two, I just feel mentally at ease about the health of the divisions. To the point where I wouldn't mind either of these guys being 2 division champion.

That Being said would a 130 lb catch weight for both belts be feasible? I know the argument against this is that they aren't fighting at the alloted weights, so it shouldn't be for the belts. But the UFC being mainly an entertainment company, would they be able to work something out with the fighters as long as both are up to it? After all they have all the power in the end right?

If that's just not possible how about a secondary scenario where they fight at either weight, but both belts are on the line? Meaning they could fight at FlW or BW and the winner of the fight walks out with both belts. Could something like this be done?

125, so that when TJ makes a joke of Cejudo, DJ has no where to hide.

I think Henry said he'd come up. As long as he doesnt stall the FlyW division dont care. TJ has a fight booked with Cruz in Dec I thought? Moraes is coming for TJ's scalp too so I dont want the BW division stalled.

DJ should get a rematch first. What's right is right. Cejudo doesn't deserve a chance at another belt yet. And TJ has a lineup of challengers that he needs to deal with first.

That fight was on the table for DJ only because he was a dominant champion. This fight really makes no sense.

Personally I'd like to see either walk out as a two weight champ, since that's really what they're after. In most cases I wouldn't be up for this, but with guys as driven and professional as these two, I just feel mentally at ease about the health of the divisions. To the point where I wouldn't mind either of these guys being 2 division champion.

That Being said would a 130 lb catch weight for both belts be feasible? I know the argument against this is that they aren't fighting at the alloted weights, so it shouldn't be for the belts. But the UFC being mainly an entertainment company, would they be able to work something out with the fighters as long as both are up to it? After all they have all the power in the end right?

If that's just not possible how about a secondary scenario where they fight at either weight, but both belts are on the line? Meaning they could fight at FlW or BW and the winner of the fight walks out with both belts. Could something like this be done?

I get what you're saying, but if you can't fight for the FLW title weighing 126, you damn sure can't after weighing 130, gentleman's agreement or not, unfortunately.

DJ should get a rematch first. What's right is right. Cejudo doesn't deserve a chance at another belt yet. And TJ has a lineup of challengers that he needs to deal with first.

That fight was on the table for DJ only because he was a dominant champion. This fight really makes no sense.
Yeah but DJ is out with a knee injury, he said it was a high grade tear. Those require surgery so who knows when he'll be back.

135 has contenders?
WTF?
I was expecting to see that 125 has contenders. But hey... It's Sherdog.

Yeah but DJ is out with a knee injury, he said it was a high grade tear. Those require surgery so who knows when he'll be back.

Then I'd like to see Cejudo defend. He hasn't done anything to deserve a chance at another belt.

Yeah, Im not down with all this superfight nonsense when guys arent established dominant champs.

Cejudo is basically hijacking DJ's fight. He has no claim to a superfight. But both TJ and Cejudo want a chance at another belt. It's a cheap way to defend without really defending. The Conor blueprint.

Cejudo is basically hijacking DJ's fight. He has no claim to a superfight. But both TJ and Cejudo want a chance at another belt. It's a cheap way to defend without really defending. The Conor blueprint.
There is really no one in FlyW for him to fight. He beat most contenders or they are coming off losses. Joe B would be a great rematch but he's booked vs Borg. DJ needs to update his status so the division can move on.

The match I'd like to see at FlyW is Cejudo vs Figueiredo, but he's under ranked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back