Dillashaw is "calling out" the wrong guy...

No but neither would GSP / McGregor. Would you think GSP was a tough guy for cutting to 155 to challenge him?

Not more so than he already is. These guys are all tough aren't they? Some more than others sure but all tough. Fighting in a lower division is a separate challenge for both guys. I think just the discipline it would take for each of them to make weight successfully is a tall task worthy of respect.

Still don't get how TJ wanting to fight the supposed 'P4P best' (he's not) is a bad thing when there's 10lbs difference. MM has fought at 135 too so he obviously cuts.

What's wrong with it if MM refuses to move up?
I want to see a good competitive fight and it will be.

@moreorless87, I don't even think that @mirellale can tell when you are trying to agree with him... like I said, Sherdog moron class. For the record, he called out Johnson in his postfight interview, before Cruz was hurt.
TJ has been calling for Cruz rematch since he lost the fight but Cruz choose to fight Faber and number five Cody at the time.He doesn't deserve a rematch.Also there is a huge possibility to Cruz pulling out of fight.Dummy.I already explained you that but you are too dumb to understand it seems.

Last edited:
White MMA fans dont like seeing a dominant black champion (DJ) so they want a white champion from a higher division to come down to dethrone him so they can feel about themselves. Black champions are always treated differently because it's still a white man's sport (in terms of fanbase).

Unfortunately for all the racists who want to see a dominant black champion dethroned.. it will not happen. TJ will be weaker and will get beaten by DJ.. after his humiliation he will go up and be finished by Cody and that will be the end of TJ.

White MMA fans dont like seeing a dominant black champion (DJ) so they want a white champion from a higher division to come down to dethrone him so they can feel about themselves. Black champions are always treated differently because it's still a white man's sport (in terms of fanbase).

Unfortunately for all the racists who want to see a dominant black champion dethroned.. it will not happen. TJ will be weaker and will get beaten by DJ.. after his humiliation he will go up and be finished by Cody and that will be the end of TJ.
Wow! Just when I thought Sherdog couldn't get any stupider. Yes, stupider.

Just because you can "make" the weight doesn't mean it isn't ducking. It is similar to "failing" a test in the 9th grade so that you can clean house in the 7th grade. "If I don't eat for two weeks and dehydrate the hell out of myself, I can fight a smaller guy...." yeah, that's not ducking.

But guys do it in every combat sport there is...there are benefits and negatives to it...the negatives is it drains you of a lot of energy and can effect in the fight...Like I said, all fighters cut weight...if you make the weight, you are that weight...

Sherdog really has its lows with posts like this. Cormier and Woodley actually WEIGH ABOUT THE SAME! Woodley walks around at 210+ with no fat on him and Cormier walks around at 220+ with a lot of fat on him. They should both be fighting at heavyweight.

The fight should happen if Dillashaw can make the weight or Johnson should come up to fight at Bantamweight but let's not act like Dillashaw is some BRAVE WARRIOR for challenging Johnson.

Chill dude, I was just using an example of champions in different weight classes separated by more than 10lbs. If true then I dislike Woodley even more. Will it make you feel better if I used the example of - It's not like Stipe calling out Whittaker? My God sherdog really hits the low hanging fruit with your response post. Where you have to spell out in detail exactly what you mean because people can't make a connection with out being spelled out in detail for them......and get over yourself, I'm positive you probably have an elitist mentality throughout life.

Brave? No, but why wouldn't he? If you were basically the same size as the champion in a weight class below you, and that champion was delusional, calling himself the GOAT and hasn't faced near the same level of competition, then why wouldn't you challenge him in hopes of a super fight. MM fans are scared to death that he may have to actually face a top fighter instead of Ray Borg.

If you cut, you duck. I've always said that and Dillashaw cuts to duck lightweight, now he is cutting to duck bantamweight?

Edit: and yes, that means Till is a duck, as well. Anyone who is not fighting in the Heavyweight division, is usually ducking.

Heh, That makes Edgar & some heavyweights the only un-ducklings fighters.

You're right. If Fedor can ride a streak and be remembered as the goat by fighting a string of cans, then why can't Mighty Mouse?
Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest mixed martial artist of all time. Even his foes Daniel Cormier and Gustaffson admit it. It is time for you to join the team #JJGOAT

Shouldn't Dillashaw be calling out Cruz instead of trying to squeeze into a smaller weight class to fight a smaller opponent? He claims that he thinks he won the Cruz fight, now that he has the title, shouldn't he be looking to avenge that "victory"? A lot of Shertards are calling Johnson a duck but Dillashaw is certainly doing the duck walk, right now. I understand he is trying to "make history", against Johnson, but you don't do it by swimming in the Olympics and then go to your local "kiddie pool" and try to break records there.

lol @ kiddie pool.
Stupid shertards and UFC brass think that mouse is the best p4p fighter.
Put him with the snake in the octagon to see what's up.

I like TJ and DL but they are making a gigantic career mistake right here and I'm really, really surprised Duane is walking him into this.

I could understand cutting down to 125 for the first time, and fighting DJ if he was making a considerable amount more money than he otherwise would if he just fought anyone else. However that's NOT going to happen. This fight will generate even less interest from "causual fans" than TJ's last fight with Cody. It's sad but true because I think these top level lower weight fights are some of the most compelling and entertaining in MMA.

So TJ isn't going to break the bank with this fight. He's also severely misjudging how badly the weight cut is going to effect his performance, and he's fighting the last guy he should be fighting when not 100%....This is a recipe for disaster.

Mighty Mouse is a bigger win for him at this point but you would thinknhed want it back

But guys do it in every combat sport there is...there are benefits and negatives to it...the negatives is it drains you of a lot of energy and can effect in the fight...Like I said, all fighters cut weight...if you make the weight, you are that weight...
Still equates to ducking the guys your size and bigger.

Chill dude, I was just using an example of champions in different weight classes separated by more than 10lbs. If true then I dislike Woodley even more. Will it make you feel better if I used the example of - It's not like Stipe calling out Whittaker? My God sherdog really hits the low hanging fruit with your response post. Where you have to spell out in detail exactly what you mean because people can't make a connection with out being spelled out in detail for them......and get over yourself, I'm positive you probably have an elitist mentality throughout life.

Brave? No, but why wouldn't he? If you were basically the same size as the champion in a weight class below you, and that champion was delusional, calling himself the GOAT and hasn't faced near the same level of competition, then why wouldn't you challenge him in hopes of a super fight. MM fans are scared to death that he may have to actually face a top fighter instead of Ray Borg.
Lol. They have actually faced the same competition, however. Dodson knocked out Dillashaw and then proceeded to lose twice to Johnson. As for the "money fight", I totally agree. But that is not what the original thread was about. You've got everyone claiming that Johnson is running and that Dillashaw is some world-beater when, in fact, Dillashaw should be calling out Holloway. I would have more respect for him but, if he can make weight, let's get it on!

You don't know what weight cutting is, do you ? You think every fighter in the same weight class is exactly the same size ? Go Watch MM vs Cruz

You don't know what an argument is, do you? Did you seriously even read my post? Look at my example. You're comparing apples and horse shit. DJ has won how many straight? If it were so easy for a bigger fighter to drop down in weight and move up the ranks of FLW to beat him it would have been done many times. He's the optimal size for the division; not much of a weight cut, strong, agile, not a disadvantage. Dillashaw lost to Dodson who's the same height as MM. Weight classes are there for a reason and weight cutting is part of the rules. If you can make weight, you are not picking on the smaller guy. You are fighting in your weight class. End of story.

Back