Dillashaw is "calling out" the wrong guy...

Shouldn't Dillashaw be calling out Cruz instead of trying to squeeze into a smaller weight class to fight a smaller opponent? He claims that he thinks he won the Cruz fight, now that he has the title, shouldn't he be looking to avenge that "victory"? A lot of Shertards are calling Johnson a duck but Dillashaw is certainly doing the duck walk, right now. I understand he is trying to "make history", against Johnson, but you don't do it by swimming in the Olympics and then go to your local "kiddie pool" and try to break records there.

<mma4>Some true points made ^^^ must be the Christmas season think I'm starting to warm to you...

A fight against Mighty Mouse, #1 P4P, long-winning-streak, "unbeatable," is less interesting and career-defining than a grudge fight against injury-prone, rarely fighting, virtually irrelevant Cruz?
WTF?

Another weak sauce argument from a MM fanboy scared like MM.

Cruz doesn't deserve shit - TJ had to fight two top 5 guys to get a TS again, same should be applied to Cruz

You mean Holloway calling out Dillashaw for a 135 fight? That would be a legit callout, since he would be going to Dillashaw's division.

One interesting element in this is what happens if the challenger from the heavier division doesn't make weight. The standard loss of 20% of show purse doesn't really cover it well, since it means a title-fight turns into a catchweight fight, and at 20% there isn't that much incentive to really cut ... the winner's bonus - more likely if you come in heavier - more than covers the 20%. Given that the UFC is not going to be happy about cancelling a headline fight, I suppose they could up the penalty to 50% or higher to give the incentive to really make weight, though the lighter champ could have it put into the contract that they only fight if its a title fight (ie the challenger has to make weight).

No doubt this is one of DJ's concerns - that he ends up with a non-title catchweight fight, which doesn't increase his defend streak if he wins. Though I still think its mainly about money, since in the end its almost always about that.
Holloway should call out Dillashaw for calling out Johnson and ask him to come up in weight, which essentially means that Dillashaw only has to cut about 5 or 10 pounds to fight Holloway as opposed to cutting 15-20 to fight at Bantamweight. See the chickenshit pattern developing? I do like the rest of your post, however. Makes sense.

A fight against Mighty Mouse, #1 P4P, long-winning-streak, "unbeatable," is less interesting and career-defining than a grudge fight against injury-prone, rarely fighting, virtually irrelevant Cruz?
WTF?

You are a moron. I'm not arguing which fight would be more interesting from a "fan perspective". What I AM saying is that this call out doesn't make Dillashaw some hero for calling out a smaller guy. He GOT BEAT by Cruz and if he had any "true balls" he would call him out to PROVE that he can beat him now that he has the ability to call the shots. HOWEVER, this is probably for a money-grab and there is nothing wrong with that. He is the one putting his life and body on the line for our entertainment. BUT, I don't understand all of the Shertards acting like Dillashaw is the tough guy and Johnson is the duck.

Weak for calling out the #1P4P fighter?

He is not a big 135er, he can make 125. If he beats DJ, he knocks off the #1 P4P (possibly claiming the spot for himself) becomes a 2 weight champ, and makes some money along the way. All without jeopardizing his own belt. **

** Conor is to blame, as usual, along with the UFC (for letting Conor get away with it).

As for the Cruz argument, why risk a camp and all the publicity work to promote a title fight with a guy who has pulled out of 50%+ of all his fights in the last 5 years?
Especially when the alternative is a guy who shows up every time.

Last edited:
Not bitching about the fight. What I am amazed at is all of the Dillashaw "fanatics" acting like he is doing something brave trying to fight a smaller guy.

Do you think it's an easy fight?

What the fuck? Why would they make it a two title fight lmao, this ain't wrestling.

Seriously. Are we on Earth??

If MM went UP to fight TJ it's TJ's belt on the line.
If TJ goes down to fight MM it's MM's belt on the line.

Rocket science, it isn't.

He's not smaller if Dillashaw can make the weight class. I don't understand why that argument keeps being reused. It makes no fucking sense. I don't hear people saying Darren Till is calling out smaller fighters when he'd be big for a fucking middleweight.

You don't know what weight cutting is, do you ? You think every fighter in the same weight class is exactly the same size ? Go Watch MM vs Cruz

Weak for calling out the #P4P fighter?

He is not a big 135er, he can make 125. If he beats DJ, he knocks off the #1 P4P (possibly claiming the spot for himself) becomes a 2 weight champ, and makes some money along the way. All without jeopardizing his own belt. **

** Conor is to blame, as usual, along with the UFC (for letting Conor get away with it).
Like I said, in regards to the money, more power to him. In regards to the Shertards calling Dillashaw some tough guy for doing it, moronic.

<mma4>Some true points made ^^^ must be the Christmas season think I'm starting to warm to you...
You're about to get me struck by lightning, man. Or, it could be time to buy a lotto ticket. I'll make sure to cut you in if I do.

Seriously. Are we on Earth??

If MM went UP to fight TJ it's TJ's belt on the line.
If TJ goes down to fight MM it's MM's belt on the line.

Rocket science, it isn't.
However, at 125, again, they would qualify to fight for both.

Thats the right guy to call out. MM ducked him bad, there shouldn't be a champion like that

WTF?

Lets not get it twisted MM looking to get paid and fight on his terms, not when Dana & TJ are making plans and "Oh Yeah" lets tell MM now? Step-off with that sh!t. MM was right to tell them to hoop their plans & dreams up their poop shoot, I have no problem with this fight in fact I look forward to it.

I wanna see TJ not only make his usual fighting weight but drop 10lbs below it to make 125 when so called 125ers are even struggling to make it strong & fit, all accept for DJ who as never had a issue making weight and looking super fit. Mama Payne (rip) would always say "Be careful what you ask for because you just may get it"...

Cruz needs to earn his TS with a win. He's coming off a loss and with the way Cruz/Dillashaw was scored about 50% of people think that should be a losing streak.

Like I said, in regards to the money, more power to him. In regards to the Shertards calling Dillashaw some tough guy for doing it, moronic.
Who is calling him a tough guy?

Unless you have some quotes or examples it seems like you are complaining about something you fabricated.

I see a lot of people who want to see the fight.

I see a few people calling out MM for ducking a fight in his own weight class.

I haven't seen anyone say "hey Dillashaw is a total tough guy for calling out MM"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back