Dillashaw is "calling out" the wrong guy...

Shouldn't Dillashaw be calling out Cruz instead of trying to squeeze into a smaller weight class to fight a smaller opponent? He claims that he thinks he won the Cruz fight, now that he has the title, shouldn't he be looking to avenge that "victory"? A lot of Shertards are calling Johnson a duck but Dillashaw is certainly doing the duck walk, right now. I understand he is trying to "make history", against Johnson, but you don't do it by swimming in the Olympics and then go to your local "kiddie pool" and try to break records there.
The guy he wants to fight is supposedly the best fighter in the world, and he's willing to cut down to his weight, not asking him to come up to him. Plus Cruz is constantly hurt, who knows when or if they could get to another fight with Cruz...

No "mental gymnastics" needed. If Dillashaw was really a "tough guy", he calls out Holloway and goes after his belt. If covington was such a "tough guy" he doesn't call the cops on Werdum. All we need to expose Dillashaw, is Holloway to CALL HIM OUT like Werdum did covington.
He's willing to move down in weight to fight him...what don't you get about that?

It would be like Shogun willing to move down to 185 when he had the belt to fight the #1 P4P fighter in Silva. Would you still be calling him a pussy for trying to fight Silva -- a fight that everyone wanted to see at the time?

Why make all these excuses for MM not to fight the biggest challenge of his career? He holds the record for the most defenses in the most shallow division. There is literally no challengers for him at 125, he's regarded as the best P4P fighter on the planet, and TJ wants to claim that mantel.

We all want to see it. TJ wants it. MM should want it, as he'd finally get a fight that people would be interested in seeing.

Being a "tough guy" has nothing to do with it. It's not like he's asking MM to move up in weight, he's willing to go down, so I don't even know what your grievance is. Everyone wants to see this fight except for you and MM.

I don't care lol, I want to see Dillashaw vs DJ. DJ needs a real opponent that can test him and also DJ is legit af so a win over him would be a big deal, plus he'd be a 2 weight world champ.

Except he isn't really bigger than MM......at least not enough to make a huge difference. It's not like DC is calling out Woodley.

I doubt Max can make 135, if he could, TJ would obviously have to fight him.
Lol, what?

No, TJ would have to go up a weight class.

If GSP came back and announced he was fighting for the Lightweight title, that would be incredibly lame. The fact that he went up a weight class and won the title is what made it so awesome. Going down in weight and challenging that champ looks really weak

Now you are just being a moron. You can't "unify" the belts. What can happen is that if they fight at 125, then both titles could technically be on the line.
Now I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about. If TJ cuts down to 125 to challenge the champ and supposed p4p #1, then how would the 135 pound title be on the line. I think you need some sleep.

Shouldn't Dillashaw be calling out Cruz instead of trying to squeeze into a smaller weight class to fight a smaller opponent? He claims that he thinks he won the Cruz fight, now that he has the title, shouldn't he be looking to avenge that "victory"? A lot of Shertards are calling Johnson a duck but Dillashaw is certainly doing the duck walk, right now. I understand he is trying to "make history", against Johnson, but you don't do it by swimming in the Olympics and then go to your local "kiddie pool" and try to break records there.

I thought he won the Cruz fight too but it was a close one. He felt he won. He feels he has nothing to avenge. I want to see if he can get down to 125 and challenge for that strap and Cruz lost his last fight. Why should he get a title shot off a loss? Nah.

Why the fuck are people bitching about TJ v DJ?

Want it. Have it. Do it.

Clowns.

How's he bigger if he makes 125?

He's going to his weightclass. If he can make the weight, its fair game.
Well, he has never made 125. So we actually don't know if he can.

125 is not "his weight class" lol. 135 is clearly where TJ performs the best

Stupid post. I could see if Dillashaw wanted the mm at 135, but Dillashaw is going to mm's weight class. Cruz has no business fighting for a belt after pulling out again, he hasn't fought since losing the belt

The guy he wants to fight is supposedly the best fighter in the world, and he's willing to cut down to his weight, not asking him to come up to him. Plus Cruz is constantly hurt, who knows when or if they could get to another fight with Cruz...
You're right, McGregor should cut weight and show Johnson who the real champ is! Hell, covington or jon jones should show Johnson what's up!

He's willing to move down in weight to fight him...what don't you get about that?

It would be like Shogun willing to move down to 185 when he had the belt to fight the #1 P4P fighter in Silva. Would you still be calling him a pussy for trying to fight Silva -- a fight that everyone wanted to see at the time?

Why make all these excuses for MM not to fight the biggest challenge of his career? He holds the record for the most defenses in the most shallow division. There is literally no challengers for him at 125, he's regarded as the best P4P fighter on the planet, and TJ wants to claim that mantel.

We all want to see it. TJ wants it. MM should want it, as he'd finally get a fight that people would be interested in seeing.

Being a "tough guy" has nothing to do with it. It's not like he's asking MM to move up in weight, he's willing to go down, so I don't even know what your grievance is. Everyone wants to see this fight except for you and MM.
Look, you crackhead, I'm not saying I don't want to see the fight or that Johnson shouldn't take the fight. What my point is that Dillashaw can't act like he is doing something tough or heroic by trying to ridicule Johnson into fighting him. Did you even read the original post?

Except he isn't really bigger than MM......at least not enough to make a huge difference. It's not like DC is calling out Woodley.
Sherdog really has its lows with posts like this. Cormier and Woodley actually WEIGH ABOUT THE SAME! Woodley walks around at 210+ with no fat on him and Cormier walks around at 220+ with a lot of fat on him. They should both be fighting at heavyweight.

The fight should happen if Dillashaw can make the weight or Johnson should come up to fight at Bantamweight but let's not act like Dillashaw is some BRAVE WARRIOR for challenging Johnson.

Now I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about. If TJ cuts down to 125 to challenge the champ and supposed p4p #1, then how would the 135 pound title be on the line. I think you need some sleep.
If they fight at 125, they both QUALIFY to fight for the 135lb strap as well. I think you need to read.

No "mental gymnastics" needed. If Dillashaw was really a "tough guy", he calls out Holloway and goes after his belt. If covington was such a "tough guy" he doesn't call the cops on Werdum. All we need to expose Dillashaw, is Holloway to CALL HIM OUT like Werdum did covington.

You mean Holloway calling out Dillashaw for a 135 fight? That would be a legit callout, since he would be going to Dillashaw's division.

One interesting element in this is what happens if the challenger from the heavier division doesn't make weight. The standard loss of 20% of show purse doesn't really cover it well, since it means a title-fight turns into a catchweight fight, and at 20% there isn't that much incentive to really cut ... the winner's bonus - more likely if you come in heavier - more than covers the 20%. Given that the UFC is not going to be happy about cancelling a headline fight, I suppose they could up the penalty to 50% or higher to give the incentive to really make weight, though the lighter champ could have it put into the contract that they only fight if its a title fight (ie the challenger has to make weight).

No doubt this is one of DJ's concerns - that he ends up with a non-title catchweight fight, which doesn't increase his defend streak if he wins. Though I still think its mainly about money, since in the end its almost always about that.

I agree with GSP but TJ could also be an excuse to end the 125 division for all we know.

I thought he won the Cruz fight too but it was a close one. He felt he won. He feels he has nothing to avenge. I want to see if he can get down to 125 and challenge for that strap and Cruz lost his last fight. Why should he get a title shot off a loss? Nah.

Why the fuck are people bitching about TJ v DJ?

Want it. Have it. Do it.

Clowns.
Not bitching about the fight. What I am amazed at is all of the Dillashaw "fanatics" acting like he is doing something brave trying to fight a smaller guy.

Stupid post. I could see if Dillashaw wanted the mm at 135, but Dillashaw is going to mm's weight class. Cruz has no business fighting for a belt after pulling out again, he hasn't fought since losing the belt
Your post wasn't biased....

I think people make too much of the different WC's.
it's not like TJ is a HW calling out DJ, he is in the division above, and if he can make weight, then there should not be an issue.

But I do think no champion should be allowed to move out of his division unless he cleaned it first (as a champion).

If Dillashaw wants to be a p4p great as he claims, he should be calling out Max, not DJ.

Back