Dillashaw is "calling out" the wrong guy...

You bring up a good point. Dodson is now in Dillashaw's division. Why doesn't he call him out for his "revenge"?

Same reason Conor McGregor doesn't call out Joe Duffy or that flyweight who choked him out in 2008.

Same reason Anderson Silva didn't call out Ryo Chonan when he was on top of the world as MW champ.

Same reason Jon Jones didn't call out Matt Hammil.

Etc.

Onto bigger and better things.

I always find it odd when a bigger fighter calls out a smaller fighter... it looks really weak to me.

Call out Max if you really think you're great

Cruz isn't the longest title defense holder or judged as p4p#1. I get your point, he's smaller. By 10 lbs. People who discriminate on the size of fighters are trash

idiot-gif-5.gif

I always find it odd when a bigger fighter calls out a smaller fighter... it looks really weak to me.

I doubt Max can make 135, if he could, TJ would obviously have to fight him.

How's he bigger if he makes 125?

He's going to his weightclass. If he can make the weight, its fair game.

Jesus fucking Christ, Mighty Manlet is protected like a special needs child around here. TS would rather see his child fight Berg again. Fuck outta here.

You are not giving enough credit to Cruz and way too much credit to Dillashaw. Dillashaw beat Garbrandt who beat Cruz who beat Dillashaw who beat Garbrandt who beat Cruz who beat Dillashaw.... You aren't understanding what I'm saying. If it is a "money grab", then go Dillashaw and fight Johnson in what could become the first two-title fight in UFC history. If he is a "tough guy", like he is trying to portray, then he would be asking for Cruz and I think that is why his "call out" is flawed.

Bj Penn vs GSP 2 was a two title fight, but I guess that's not the point. What kind of tough guy calls out someone who is coming off a loss? Or is frequently injured? Dom was supposed to fight Rivera, but I guess he's so tough he's holding out for a Dillashaw shivering in fear. Right???

Money-wise, makes sense, and if that is his angle, all the power to him. At the end of the day, it is Dillashaw who is putting his body on the line for our entertainment and he should make as much money as he can for that. However, the Shertards should see right through that and not get into the "little kid" games of the "Johnson's a duck" crap. If Dillashaw really was a tough guy, Cruz is who he should be going after. It is kind of like the covington situation with Werdum. You act like a tough guy, until someone you've been insulting comes after you, then threaten to sue... real tough.
LOL

Explain, in detail, the parallels between TJ wanting to fight MM at his own weight class, and Covington pressing charges against Werdum in an altercation outside the cage?

I would really like to hear the mental gymnastics that went on in your head for you to decide that the Covington/Werdum situation was a good analogy for highlighting how low TJ is stooping for wanting to fight the P4P champ at his own weight class.

Please, continue.

If you cut, you duck. I've always said that and Dillashaw cuts to duck lightweight, now he is cutting to duck bantamweight?

Edit: and yes, that means Till is a duck, as well. Anyone who is not fighting in the Heavyweight division, is usually ducking.

Then that means every single person, outside of maybe a couple of guys are all ducks, right? Every boxer, wrestler and mma fighter cut weight...that's just the reality of it..it's not ducking, if you can make the weight...

Jesus fucking Christ, Mighty Manlet is protected like a special needs child around here. TS would rather see his child fight Berg again. Fuck outta here.
Love the avatar but that's not my point. A two-title fight would be awesome but we can't pretend that Dillashaw is some "tough guy" for wanting this fight.

He's not smaller if Dillashaw can make the weight class. I don't understand why that argument keeps being reused. It makes no fucking sense. I don't hear people saying Darren Till is calling out smaller fighters when he'd be big for a fucking middleweight.

Yup. Calling out a smaller fighter and asking him to come up in weight is very different than asking to fight someone at their own weight. Basically if you can make the weight, then you're within the range of the size of the other guy.

As you say, if Dillashaw can make DJ's weight, then for practical purposes he's the same size.

My take on it is that DJ is holding out for a big payday - he's been trying to make more money for awhile, and probably sees this as one of his few chances to earn a lot in a fight, so he's not going to sign unless the numbers are good. Its the same thing Pac and Floyd did - turns out neither was afraid or ducking, they both were holding out for the best pay cut they could negotiate. Unfortunately that meant that by the time the fight came they both were well out of prime. Of course, they both got a lot of money, so financially it was probably the correct decision.

Bj Penn vs GSP 2 was a two title fight, but I guess that's not the point. What kind of tough guy calls out someone who is coming off a loss? Or is frequently injured? Dom was supposed to fight Rivera, but I guess he's so tough he's holding out for a Dillashaw shivering in fear. Right???
No, don't be like your avatar. Penn / GSP 2 was a one-title fight. It was fought at 170 so the 155 title could not be on the line. Now, you've just gone into "making excuses" mode for Dillashaw.

LOL

Explain, in detail, the parallels between TJ wanting to fight MM at his own weight class, and Covington pressing charges against Werdum in an altercation outside the cage?

I would really like to hear the mental gymnastics that went on in your head for you to decide that the Covington/Werdum situation was a good analogy for highlighting how low TJ is stooping for wanting to fight the P4P champ at his own weight class.

Please, continue.
No "mental gymnastics" needed. If Dillashaw was really a "tough guy", he calls out Holloway and goes after his belt. If covington was such a "tough guy" he doesn't call the cops on Werdum. All we need to expose Dillashaw, is Holloway to CALL HIM OUT like Werdum did covington.

No, don't be like your avatar. Penn / GSP 2 was a one-title fight. It was fought at 170 so the 155 title could not be on the line. Now, you've just gone into "making excuses" mode for Dillashaw.
So they are unifying belts from two weight divisions? Is Ric Flair the referee?

Then that means every single person, outside of maybe a couple of guys are all ducks, right? Every boxer, wrestler and mma fighter cut weight...that's just the reality of it..it's not ducking, if you can make the weight...
Just because you can "make" the weight doesn't mean it isn't ducking. It is similar to "failing" a test in the 9th grade so that you can clean house in the 7th grade. "If I don't eat for two weeks and dehydrate the hell out of myself, I can fight a smaller guy...." yeah, that's not ducking.

if i were dj, i would be clamoring for that fight. NO ONE CARES about his dumb title defenses. where has that gotten him? no where. no one will care about him, until he faces dillashaw, or one of the top fighters at 135. but i guess in dj's own world, he's a popular fighter or something lol.

So they are unifying belts from two weight divisions? Is Ric Flair the referee?
Now you are just being a moron. You can't "unify" the belts. What can happen is that if they fight at 125, then both titles could technically be on the line.

Back