Different ways to use the overhand right/left?

Leave your jab in front of their face just to block their vision for a fraction of the second, while you're already swinging a nasty overhand. :D
That sounds like awesome advice will try it next time i spar. and thank you for actually commenting on the actual topic.
<Goldie11>

Okay i have to add my own thing that i learned today that is pretty unique. So you do like a lead hook kick at a high level then sort of turn it into an axe kick and use the axe kick to pull down the opponents lead arm and come in with a overhand from the rear.

Okay i have to add my own thing that i learned today that is pretty unique. So you do like a lead hook kick at a high level then sort of turn it into an axe kick and use the axe kick to pull down the opponents lead arm and come in with a overhand from the rear.
Seems overkill just for an overhand. Its also not gas tank economical.

Also, if done without the right coordination, you'll look like an autistic retard

Seems overkill just for an overhand. Its also not gas tank economical.

Also, if done without the right coordination, you'll look like an autistic retard
yeah but i can train it to be high percentage. also its already mechanically similar to techniques i already do. doesn't have to be an overhand either.

How about throwing the overhand with both hands at the same time? Like you were doing the butterfly swimming method.

idk man? u trolling
Its a legit move, most people use the "side-to side" block, so coming with both sides guarantees a hit. People like to teach left side, right side, etc. like 1,2,3,kick. but slamming both sides? Thats key and it will throw the opponent off completely

Its a legit move, most people use the "side-to side" block, so coming with both sides guarantees a hit. People like to teach left side, right side, etc. like 1,2,3,kick. but slamming both sides? Thats key and it will throw the opponent off completely
Well shit, got a clip of the technique? Sounds like something i might want in on.

When Pete Spratt was at the BMT HQ he taught a combo that used the over hand to open up a nasty liver shot. Basically you set up the over hand however but when you throw it step with the back foot into southpaw (for orthodox fighters) then rip the rear hook to the liver. Follow it with a rear uppercut and lead hook and you got a tysonesque combo

Its pretty fun when i land this punch, so i was wondering, whats your guys' favorite tricks/techniques to make this one land?

Tell the wife to make me a sandwich with mustard and relish. When she does....POW...right in the kisser !

Bich, I said NO mustard and relish.

^works like a dream and you can even alter the order of the 3 steps, as you choose.
Ask for sandwich n then say "no mustard n relish and then punch. Or you can just start with the overhand right, then no mustard n relish and ask for the sandwich after.
It's whatever you feel.

Though the old lady is learning to counter now. Now she makes 2 sandwiches, one with and one without and keeps them ready in reserve at all times.

:(

Would love to have that, that way this would be deemed useless

Screen+Shot+2014-07-01+at+12.45.16+PM.png

<TheWire1>

Christ was crucified because he was a masturbator ?

I've tried doing this before, but the technique is pretty up there. I haven't reached that level yet.

If you're using pillows it doesn't count, thats USADA level of cheating

Ummm.....he's probably really flexible.
Like REALLY flexible.

{<hhh]

<[analyzed}>

Use your left jab to hook the opponents left hand and pry it downward and follow with the overhand right.

Use your left jab to hook the opponents left hand and pry it downward and follow with the overhand right.
This shit is super useful. Just be careful about cross counters over your extended jab. Conor uses his lead to hand trap his opponents, his hand is on their lead so 9/10 times itll be the the rear hand they throw. Just counter with the over hand

Back