Difference in steroid-tests between boxing and mma?

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is the testing for illegal substances in boxing very different from mma? I hear less about steroid bans in boxing than in mma, and i certainly don't believe it's a cleaner sport.

UFC is USADA.

Boxing commissions use a mixture of USADA AND VADA.

USADA known as the strictest / most comprehensive.

State commission decides.

Promoters gets to decide if the fight is is a strict testing state or weak testing state.

Likewise, it's the same states that allow/disallow 20-0 prospects from fighting guys that are 0-20.

It's not a cleaner sport.

UFC has the strictest drug testing in all of sports outside hte Olympics at the moment.
Drug testing outside the UFC and in boxing is the same (the commisions test.....barely) and you have to fuck up for real to fail such a test.

Wellsome fighters in boxing recently has done VADA testing but not year around but only in the few months before certain fights.

The WBC has no introduced random VADA testing similar to that of the UFC for all top 10 fighters and most notably Povetkin failed 2 tests within a few months. if all other major organizations follow I expect a lot of boxers to fail their tests as well.

UFC is USADA.

Boxing commissions use a mixture of USADA AND VADA.

USADA known as the strictest / most comprehensive.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

Also, USADA were the guys happily colluding with Schaeffer to keep the Garcia fight on in New York, after Erik Morales failed like three tests in a row.

I don't think they're nearly as clean as you're making out.

Also, from this year:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/2...-strict-tue-wada-policy-cyborg-spironolactone

Or, if you need it parsed for you, Dana basically walked up to USADA with a vast cheque & said: "I'll have on of your special "Make it look legit like we test our fighters (but please don't be busting anyone worth any money), kaythanksbye" drug-testing programmes, please! No, no relish, thanks."

Back