• Total voters
I wanted to like Terminator 2. Had high expectations. Saw it and was like:

tumblr_n6gylnaHTK1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

T2 sucked the sausage.

It was fucking crap.

PG rating!

Don't kill anyone. What a punk-ass kid.

It was like a movie by committee.

take everything great about the first one, and fuck it up for a kinder and Gentler Terminator.

And then this shit.
794ccbeba842d10d7351c60f9f31fe75.gif

I wanted to like Terminator 2. Had high expectations. Saw it and was like:

tumblr_n6gylnaHTK1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

T2 sucked the sausage.

It was fucking crap.

PG rating!

Don't kill anyone. What a punk-ass kid.

It was like a movie by committee.

take everything great about the first one, and fuck it up for a kinder and Gentler Terminator.

And then this shit.
794ccbeba842d10d7351c60f9f31fe75.gif

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

As much as I like both Id say everytime DieHard in on TV I stay watching, while maybe I wouldnt say exactly the same thing of Terminator 2, so I have to give my vote to DieHard

However I never liked or bought Bruce Willis as an action hero, thats exactly the point of the DieHard character, Willis is the underdog, he is not supposed to beat the terrorist but the movie becomes so interesting because we go through the whole story of him taking on all the terrorists even when hes the underdog and he is not supposed to win

Unfortunately after DieHard, Hollywood started casting him as this tough action movie hero, sorry he was never supposed to be that, Willis looks like fat bald guy to me (like Dana White another fake tough guy) yeah Willis has been able to milk this character very good but as I said I never bought it, and that was never the point of his character on DieHard

Die Hard is the easy choice, but this is Sherdog so the worse movie wins...

This is close but I'll go T2. That action sequence with Arnold taking on the police force was just amazing.

Both have a lot of nostalgia for me. I feel that Die Hard is just a better movie and I love a good robbery. At the end of the day Rickman's performance in Die Hard is better than anyone's in Terminator 2 by a mile.
^This. Die Hard was pure genius. It was the perfect action film. Terminator 2 was a great sci-fi/action film, but it had flaws (such as Sarah Connor's "Men like you" speech or Edward Furlong's screeching pubescent voice).

Die Hard should have won this poll by a landslide.

^This. Die Hard was pure genius. It was the perfect action film. Terminator 2 was a great sci-fi/action film, but it had flaws (such as Sarah Connor's "Men like you" speech or Edward Furlong's screeching pubescent voice).

Die Hard should have won this poll by a landslide.

t2 won the poll b/c it's a way, way better film. like a way better fuckin film. not even in the same league even.

t2 won the poll b/c it's a way, way better film. like a way better fuckin film. not even in the same league even.

Terminator 2 had mostly cheap B quality actors.

Die Hard had real actors.

You are right that these two movies are not in the same league.

Terminator 2 had mostly cheap B quality actors.

Die Hard had real actors.

You are right that these two movies are not in the same league.

What? T2 had legit actors right down to the small roles. Joe Morton, Xander Berkeley, S. Epatha Merkerson, Earl Boen, Jenette Goldstein, Dean Norris...

What? T2 had legit actors right down to the small roles. Joe Morton, Xander Berkeley, S. Epatha Merkerson, Earl Boen, Jenette Goldstein, Dean Norris...
I am exaggerating, but let's really examine the actors who played the main characters in Terminator 2...
  • Edward Furlong (it was his acting debut)
  • Linda Hamilton (she got her "big break" in the original Terminator and never really had any "great" performances as an actress)
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger (always served his purpose well, but he was always a one-dimensional action star)
The actors who played the main characters in Die Hard were superior (as were their performances).

I am exaggerating, but let's really examine the actors who played the main characters in Terminator 2...
  • Edward Furlong (it was his acting debut)
  • Linda Hamilton (she got her "big break" in the original Terminator and never really had any "great" performances as an actress)
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger (always served his purpose well, but he was always a one-dimensional action star)
The actors who played the main characters in Die Hard were superior (as were their performances).

Seagal and Chuck Norris are one-dimensional action stars.

Arnold covers a fair bit of ground between, say, The Terminator, Kindergarten Cop, The Running Man and True Lies.

He's one of the few action stars of his era that wasn't one dimensional.

Seagal and Chuck Norris are one-dimensional action stars.

Arnold covers a fair bit of ground between, say, The Terminator, Kindergarten Cop, The Running Man and True Lies.

He's one of the few action stars of his era that wasn't one dimensional.

Even in Kintergarden cop, I saw the same guy. I didn't see a lot of acting range there.

Even in Kintergarden cop, I saw the same guy. I didn't see a lot of acting range there.

Can you imagine Seagal or Norris playing The Terminator believably? Or executing comedic moments in Kindergarten Cop or True Lies?

I can't anyway.

Can you imagine Seagal or Norris playing The Terminator believably? Or executing comedic moments in Kindergarten Cop or True Lies?

I can't anyway.
Of course not, but Seagal and Norris are not relevent to the topic. I could see Bruce Willis taking on various roles though, and he has.

Of course not, but Seagal and Norris are not relevent to the topic. I could see Bruce Willis taking on various roles though, and he has.

I cited them as examples of one-dimensional action stars because you called Arnold a one-dimensional action star.

I cited them as examples of one-dimensional action stars because you called Arnold a one-dimensional action star.
So, maybe "one-dimensional" isn't an entirely fair description of Arnold, but I view Bruce Willis as a better actor with greater range, and I think that is the more relevant point.

Back