Die Hard II > Die Hard III

He was good in Lawless. I also thought he was pretty good in Fury and Disturbia. I can't think of anything else offhand that I wouldn't remove him from, though.

He was good in Fury but he kind of just disappeared into the character which was a benefit. In some of his other roles it is as though he has a signature persona that is distracting. Factor in that he was not front and center in that one as it was really more of an ensemble type war film.

Good call on Disturbia though. Forgot about that one. He did well.

That badassery of Hardy and Clarke's characters is worth the price of admission in and of itself.

It also had a moment that was genuinely shocking to me, which is rare in this genre of film

when Hardy's Bondurant bro gets his throat slashed

I mean the cast is real good that there was no chance this film wouldn't be at least somewhat good- Hardy, Chastain, Oldman (in a glorified cameo), Pearce (at his most menacing weirdness), Waiskowska, Clarke, DeHaan, and even Shia holds up his end of the deal well.

Not a groundbreaking movie but definitely an entertaining period crime film.

Yeah it's a magic bit of filmmaking.

It's also a weird merging of worlds, because of all the random people that could have written it, the screenplay happens to have been written by a long-established musician I like named Nick Cave, who has his own pretty popular band for the last few decades. And has a penchant for writing on the side.

rs-nick-cave-c89a6e9f-b2c8-4126-a0a1-51db6bd50fb0.jpg

2 is absolute ass. The whole porcelain Glock that doesn't show on Xrays is just idiotic....

THERE, I said it !

While 3 is good, it lacks depth, is hoakey at times.

Die Hard II continues the dark comedy and bloody violence from the original.

I agree

Yeah it's a magic bit of filmmaking.

It's also a weird merging of worlds, because of all the random people that could have written it, the screenplay happens to have been written by a long-established musician I like named Nick Cave, who has his own pretty popular band for the last few decades. And has a penchant for writing on the side.

rs-nick-cave-c89a6e9f-b2c8-4126-a0a1-51db6bd50fb0.jpg

Cave's soundtrack for The Assassination of Jesse James was fantastic.

Fucking no. Die Hard with a Vengance was way better than the second. Can anyone who hasn't watched the second recently even remember WTF it was about? Of course not. Because it wasn't that memorable.

Fucking no. Die Hard with a Vengance was way better than the second. Can anyone who hasn't watched the second recently even remember WTF it was about? Of course not. Because it wasn't that memorable.

Its the first movie but in an airport

Worse Villain
Worse everything

Die Hard 3 actually made it bigger and gave him a sidekick. Felt like a lethal weapon film

McClane is trapped in an airport, trying to prevent terrorists from crashing planes in order to secure the release of political prisoner Franco Nero. William Sadler is a traitorous American Colonel who has joined forces with another Major gone rogue (John Amos) to free Nero, and the three of them are an excellent three-tiered set of big bosses that McClane has to thwart.

Meanwhile, he has to fight against bureaucracy in the airport hierarchy (Fred Dalton Thompson) as well as the local police (Dennis Franz) to prevent the terrorists' plan from working.

Not quite as intellectual as the first, but Die Hard 2 is a damn fine film with classic McClane action and quotes.

Call me an asshole but Die Hard 3 for me was the best film in the series. Die Hard a close second

Can't remember a thing about Die Hard 2 tbh except for the PS1 game. Anyone else play the shit out of this?

Die_Hard_Trilogy_Coverart.png

Back