Die Hard II > Die Hard III

I slightly disagree, but Die Hard 2 is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

Die Hard 5 is an abomination. Jai Courtney managed to tank both Die Hard 5 and Terminator 5, though both would have still been dog shit without him.

Yeah its more like he had the unfortunate distinction of being in both. He is more of a question mark to me- definitely doesn't seem to bring much to the table in roles I've seen him in, but they are shitty movies so I don't know how much you can actually attribute to him.

Yeah its more like he had the unfortunate distinction of being in both. He is more of a question mark to me- definitely doesn't seem to bring much to the table in roles I've seen him in, but they are shitty movies so I don't know how much you can actually attribute to him.

He was bad as Reese, but I don't really blame him for Die Hard 5. He has a distinct lack of screen presence, but he is good enough that his lines at least don't read false. Shia LaBeouf managed to leave his "flavor" in Wall Street 2 and that was all his fault.

2 is good. Underrated, even. Solid Xmas action movie.

It ain't no 3 though. 3 has prime Sammy J.

1 is god.

The rest don't exist

Bruce Willis like 2 better than 1. 2 is my favorite. I can see 1 being better in may peoples eyes, but I like 2 the best. 3 is just ok.

He was bad as Reese, but I don't really blame him for Die Hard 5. He has a distinct lack of screen presence, but he is good enough that his lines at least don't read false.

He was poorly cast as Reese, and it certainly showed. I don't blame him for taking either role though because they were both potential blockbusters for a guy who doesn't really have any quality roles under his belt.

Shia LaBeouf managed to leave his "flavor" in Wall Street 2 and that was all his fault.

That movie had a great story, but it was completely ruined by Shia. Shia has been downright awful in every movie he has ever been in.

Shia has been downright awful in every movie he has ever been in.

He's actually good in this one movie, Lawless. Really good movie, and though Shia is not the star, he has a big part in it. And he's not just ok, he's good. He plays the youngest of three brothers, and his character is kind of a little bitch, a wannabe. And surprise... he nails it. Sometimes it's just a matter of the right casting.

lawless-banner-poster.jpg

He's actually good in this one movie, Lawless. Really good movie, and though Shia is not the star, he has a big part in it. And he's not just ok, he's good. He plays the youngest of three brothers, and his character is kind of a little bitch, a wannabe. And surprise... he nails it. Sometimes it's just a matter of the right casting.

He was good in Lawless. I also thought he was pretty good in Fury and Disturbia. I can't think of anything else offhand that I wouldn't remove him from, though.

He was good in Lawless. I also thought he was pretty good in Fury and Disturbia. I can't think of anything else offhand that I wouldn't remove him from, though.

Haven't seen those two yet.

I straight-up liked him in Lawless though, found him utterly believable & compelling. His frail fuckup character balanced out Tom Hardy's amazing performance as the hick of steel.

1>3>2>>>>>>>>>>4

There is no 5.

Simon says if you multiply 25 by itself and then subtract six hundred and then subtract the atomic mass of Neon, you have the number of Die Hard movies in existence.

Unfortunately.

I've never seen it, but I suppose if Shia would nail any role, it would be something like that.

He was poorly cast as Reese, and it certainly showed. I don't blame him for taking either role though because they were both potential blockbusters for a guy who doesn't really have any quality roles under his belt.

That movie had a great story, but it was completely ruined by Shia. Shia has been downright awful in every movie he has ever been in.

I actually didn't find Shia horrible in the original Transformers (where his vibe kind of fit the character) and Lawless he was pretty damn solid (where his character was overshadowed by the more memorable work of Hardy, Pearce, Chastain, and Clarke) but still.

But yeah Wall Street 2 he really screwed the pooch on that one. And Indy 4 had a lot more problems than him alone but he certainly didn't help.

I've never seen it, but I suppose if Shia would nail any role, it would be something like that.

It's a pretty underrated crime flick, takes place in the south during prohibition era. Here's a minute from the opening scene

It's a pretty underrated crime flick, takes place in the south during prohibition era. Here's a minute from the opening scene

That badassery of Hardy and Clarke's characters is worth the price of admission in and of itself.

It also had a moment that was genuinely shocking to me, which is rare in this genre of film

when Hardy's Bondurant bro gets his throat slashed

I mean the cast is real good that there was no chance this film wouldn't be at least somewhat good- Hardy, Chastain, Oldman (in a glorified cameo), Pearce (at his most menacing weirdness), Waiskowska, Clarke, DeHaan, and even Shia holds up his end of the deal well.

Not a groundbreaking movie but definitely an entertaining period crime film.

Back