Did Zabit vs Bochniak fight told us that Zabit is not ready for top competition yet ?

The Domin8or

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all i think that zabit is talented but not that good as some claim him to be , So if you watch that fight without Joe Rogan commentary you will notice how he struggled with the first person who has a wikipedia page who also is 5'7 and has a record of 8-3 , His striking and grappling are good but his style requires a lot of cardio and he seems to have a gas tank problem (He gassed in the last round against kyle ) and lacks finishing power against guys who have wikipedia pages . personally i think that if UFC wants to build him they should have gave him another unranked opponent to build him before giving him Yair who isnt that good but may beat Zabit because he is the same size of him . If he gets through Yair maybe i will change my mind about him but i still dont see him fighting in a 5 rounder against guys like Aldo Ortega Moicano or Chad , without mentioning Max who is the champ and frankie who is his teammate . Zabit is really talented but i dont think that he is ready yet .

It told me that Bochniak is tough as nails.

In Wikipedia The Domin8or trusts.

To be fair, apparently Zabit broke his hand about 15 minutes before his fight with Kyle. That’ll drain you as bad as anything.

It told me Bochniak has one hell of a chin..

BochniakPUnches.gif

Yeah, that told us way more about Bochniak than about Zabit.

He’s definitely getting fast tracked, no doubt about that. If you look at Yair, who at one point was another young super exciting prospect coming up, he had six straight wins before he got a fight with Edgar.

As mentioned above, the bochniak fight just taught us that Kyle is an absolute savage. Zabit ran out of steam in the third round because for the prior 10 minutes he was running an absolute clinic on bochniak. It’s exhausting to put a continuous beating on someone who refuses to go down.

He had a broken hand and clearly won every round with ease. Kyle didn't land much at all, but he kept coming and made the fight fun.

Well he only landed and the fight was more like a Zabit getting his training in on a moving bag more than anything. Maybe with his right hand he would of finished him, but still, people praise decisionators like Cruz and Zabit at least looked like he did significant damage and took risks, he wasn't at trouble at any point.

I heard he had staph coming into the fight. The way he gassed looked really weird to me. He looked perfectly fine at the beginning of the 3rd and then, out of nowhere, his gas tank was suddenly 0.

It simply told me that he needs to get his shit together and not become the next Yair...

First of all i think that zabit is talented but not that good as some claim him to be , So if you watch that fight without Joe Rogan commentary you will notice how he struggled with the first person who has a wikipedia page who also is 5'7 and has a record of 8-3 , His striking and grappling are good but his style requires a lot of cardio and he seems to have a gas tank problem (He gassed in the last round against kyle ) and lacks finishing power against guys who have wikipedia pages . personally i think that if UFC wants to build him they should have gave him another unranked opponent to build him before giving him Yair who isnt that good but may beat Zabit because he is the same size of him . If he gets through Yair maybe i will change my mind about him but i still dont see him fighting in a 5 rounder against guys like Aldo Ortega Moicano or Chad , without mentioning Max who is the champ and frankie who is his teammate . Zabit is really talented but i dont think that he is ready yet .

No, Zabit is uber talented. His striking, wrestling and grappling were clearly superior and he’s gigantic for the weight class. The fact is that sometimes you’ll come across a guy who’s so obscenely tough that he can walk through the fire and win in spite of technical and athletic discrepancies. Take Darren Elkins vs. Mirsad Bektic for instance. While Elkins got the stoppage win in highlight fashion, no one who sees that fight will leave with the impression that Bektic isn’t the superior athlete with the better skill set. To a lesser extent, look at Diaz vs. Conor. Conor is the faster, more technical striker and he was doing work in the first round and most of the second but Diaz’s size, toughness and persistence wore him down. Toughness is an X factor in fighting and occasionally you’ll come across a Roy Nelson type character who can take disturbing punishment without going anywhere and that can be shocking for guys who are used to dusting people with regularity. All that being said, Zabit won every round and virtually every exchange although it did look like Bochniak was on the verge of cracking the egg had the fight gone to a 4th or 5th round.

That fight told us that broken-handed Zabit cannot finish an opponent with the resilience of a zombie

zabit had an broken hand as well. thats an insane peformance to fight like that with a broken hand.
it tells that zabit is actually a very good fighter.

You mean did it tell us?

I've been following him before he came to UFC. He's legit and will beat Yair

It told me he's very skilled but has a questionable gas tank.

Rogan was going way over-the-top as usual, his usual hype nonsense. That certainly made it seem like a 30-23 fight.

In saying that Zabit is clearly skilled and very talented, and apparently he had a broken hand before. He still looks a bit raw too me though, I want to see more. He was totally exhausted at the end of third, if that was 5 rounds he would have been in big trouble. Bochniak is a tough guy.

Back