Did USADA make the sport better of worse?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The sport used to be crazy. Everyone was huge, faster, could take more shots, and fights were crazier.

The sport is clean now, but is it better content than before, or has it lost some steam?

Better, juicers get punished and clean guys get wins
e.g. Belfort and Bisping
/thread

Worse. Instead of suspensions, they should fine them like 70% of their purse for the next 5 bouts or something like that so they can still perform and fans can still watch. Sucks that Lyoto and Mendes are still out of action.

Steroids and HGH are an ugly part of sports reality. I feel like the sooner we accept it and monitor it instead of this stuff it will be better for all sports. We have hormones to help athletes recover faster and we dont allow it because its a PED but there are a lot of types of performance enhancers people allow just because they arent injectable hormones

First Reebok and then USADA.

Fighters are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's a tough time to be a fan who gives a fuck.

The sport used to be crazy. Everyone was huge, faster, could take more shots, and fights were crazier.

The sport is clean now, but is it better content than before, or has it lost some steam?

It makes the SPORT better for sure. It makes it an actual sport with no one having an unfair advantage over the other fighter. Now there wont be any fake legacy's like Silva (as much as I hate to say it since he used to be my fav fighter before I found out he wasn't clean) and Jones. From here on out we dont have to question it.

Legitimized the sport instead of it being a freakshow

Name a United States professional sport that allows steroid / banned substance use, morons.

The middle, LHW and heavy weight divisions look like shit now

From an entertaining point of view worst imo

Worse.

iIW0ZVccvlUqi1.gif

Worse and fighters aren't as durable in training.

it made it worse.

As did the athletic commissions and all the gay-ass rules that killed what fighting was all about. Win...by any mean necessary.

Fighters look worse, gas quicker, get injured more often, fights are cancelled more and fighters suspended longer, the actual fights are slow motion in comparison to a few years ago.... So from a fans perspective things plummeted a bit.

From a fighters it depends what side of the coin you were on I suppose.

Back