Did Uriah take it easy on dylan

fidgetyflanagan

White Belt
Reaction score
I just watched the fight and man uriah was dominant. Dylans leg kicks looked so weak and he could not do anything. In the second round after he tried for an unsuccesful takedown and fell he looked like he didnt want to get up. He looked like he didnt want to fight anymore and uriah didnt even pounch on him. I think everyone liked dylan including uriah so he just picked him apart. I think he felt bad for him and wanted to finish a fight without everyone saying `` jesus,, call an ambulance``. It`s the first fight he actually was able to celebrate after winning.

Uriah explained his fight in a UFC video
He says Dylan is a southpaw and went as orthodox so he knew he wanted to take him down. So he wanted to keep him to distance (leg kicks mostly and jabs)
Then he wanted to throw his right hand but it was "killing him" (see the video on youtube where he goes see a doctor for a shoulder problem)
So he decided to jab more

I think he did a great job
You can't expect fighters to always go nuts.
He did an intelligent fight.

After fighting 3 times already in a few months, its understandable. i think he wanted to use the time to gain more experience and work his thinking game a bit more. very mature

Uriah explained his fight in a UFC video
He says Dylan is a southpaw and went as orthodox so he knew he wanted to take him down. So he wanted to keep him to distance (leg kicks mostly and jabs)
Then he wanted to throw his right hand but it was "killing him" (see the video on youtube where he goes see a doctor for a shoulder problem)
So he decided to jab more

I think he did a great job
You can't expect fighters to always go nuts.
He did an intelligent fight.

It looked like he hurt his hand at one point as well, was there anything said about that?

Don't know.
But I know he had a good pain in the shoulder.

You're kidding right?

Did you see Dylan after? Dude's face was mutilated.

You're kidding right?

Did you see Dylan after? Dude's face was mutilated.

The problem is he showed us so much that now, when he won't finish in the first round, breaking the opponent's face, people will say he was going easy, or he showed weaknesses, or whatever.
People will have to realise that in front of him, there is a trained athlete and fighter.

I would say he took a safer approach. not so much for Dylan's benefit but his own.

I say yes

For the simple reason that when he easily threw off Dylan's takedown he didn't follow him to capitalize. Funny because Dylan seemed to wait on the ground expecting to get beaten. I think he thought the fight was over then. But Uriah's a nice guy and didn't want to hurt him badly

i thought uriahs fight with dylan was the most impressive of his run on the show. he showed what it took to do well in the ufc inthat fight

He finished Bubba so fast because he tried to rush him. Dylan didn't so the fight went longer.

I say yes

For the simple reason that when he easily threw off Dylan's takedown he didn't follow him to capitalize. Funny because Dylan seemed to wait on the ground expecting to get beaten. I think he thought the fight was over then. But Uriah's a nice guy and didn't want to hurt him badly

I think that had more to do with Hall not wanting to engage on the ground which was a sensible decision given that if Dylan had any chance of beating him it would be on the ground.

Back