Did they UFC release James Toney from his MMA contract?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I know he signed a multi-fight deal back before he fought Couture but I don't recall ever hearing if they released him. He obviously went back to boxing but was he boxing while still technically under contract with the UFC?

Asking for a friend

Technically no, after that fight he came to Dana and quit, but no one understood him so hes been signed ever since

If they can't make Mayweather/McGregor
Expect to see
Toney/Holohan.

I wish they gave Toney a striker instead of a pure wreslter like Coture. Would have made for an interesting evening :p

I wish they gave Toney a striker instead of a pure wreslter like Coture. Would have made for an interesting evening :p
The like was for that epic display image lmao
Cheers,brother

They released him from his contract I believe.

Toney vs Roy Nelson

At least Toney aint fast enough to "run" the whole fight

Technically no, after that fight he came to Dana and quit, but no one understood him so hes been signed ever since
200w.gif

I always loved the fact that they photoshopped his UFC pic so he didn't look as fat
15588.jpg

hey, like him or not, at least he got in the cage and fought. unlike CM Farse.

"Only freakshow here is between my legs" -James Toney

"I wanted to fight Simba [Kimbo]" - James Toney

"I dont want to fight none of these bums, I want the best" - JT

"Sidecheck kick"

" Ive been working out with my dad and King Mo Mousasi"

I would love to see how he would fair against a pure striker willing to stand with him and not take him down.

I understood him when he challenged the sitting heavyweight champ.....He said, "I want Burn Lesser!"

The arena cleaning crew found his contract crumpled up under Dana's chair after the fight.

Back