Did RDA just completely ruin Pettis for good?

Holy shit. People are overreacting like crazy. Guys, Pettis has a lot of fight years on him. The showtime kick against Ben Henderson was fuckin 7 years ago and leading up to that he already had 13 pro fights under his belt. Since then he's been fighting nothing but top comp in the most stacked division in MMA.

He never sucked. He did very well in the hardest division. His "downfall" - which is still him producing great fights with top guys - is probably due to two things.

Age and him being "figured out" and his camp never adjusting. Guys get figured out when they're in the game this long, few make the proper adjustments to stay on top.

It's this. Guys know how to avoid his strengths now. They're not stupid enough to stand at range with him, and he doesn't have the fundamentals to in-fight or move guys back to a more manageable distance.

He's still dangerous as fuck off of his back, but his stand up isn't nearly as dangerous as people thought it was 4-5 years ago.

His injuries have deteriorated his speed while fighters have the blueprint on him... Benson for all his strengths is a tentative methodical fighter which was always gonna be a bad matchup against him

RDA showed the Pettis game plan to the world and everybody jumped on that and did the same thing to him.

Dustin Porier hardly ever takes people down the way he did with Pettis he usually goes for KO's on the feet.

Clay Guida did it to Pettis first. Don't stay outside and let him fire kicks, get in tight and he'll get taken down

Guida put out the blueprint

Lauzon cerrone and Stephens all wanted to bang

The only suprising one to me was how well he held off Gilbert but then I suppose he's not the best lay and prayer

Dude hasn't been the same since this fight. RDA completely destroyed this dude and took his soul.

Also if I'm not correct Pettis suffered a broken orbital like Koshcheck in this fight. Most overlooked part of Pettis downfall, both guys careers seemed to nosedive after the eye injuries.

Very suspect performance by RDA, he was not a human that night.

From the athletic comissions? Lol

He's fought a bunch under USADA and looked better than ever at WW. I'm still waiting for you to bring up some proof he's a cheat, if not youre just throwing baseless accusations around.

I like Pettis but RDA took his soul.

Same thing happened with Barao/Dillashaw.

Fighter quality improves quickly in this sport. Can't tell if RDA was just that good, or Pettis just didn't progress with the rest of the sport.

tumblr_nv7mgxxpM61ueu615o3_250.gif

Damn Pettis almost got the clothesline from hell

Hendo and Gil tried to apply the same game plan and failed

Guida and RDA succeeded

He seems super tentative now. Not sure why but that's the problem imo

He's fought a bunch under USADA and looked better than ever at WW. I'm still waiting for you to bring up some proof he's a cheat, if not youre just throwing baseless accusations around.

Easy tiger, I just said it was suspect, that's all. I don't consider him a cheater based on just that.

Back