Did RDA just completely ruin Pettis for good?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude hasn't been the same since this fight. RDA completely destroyed this dude and took his soul.

Also if I'm not correct Pettis suffered a broken orbital like Koshcheck in this fight. Most overlooked part of Pettis downfall, both guys careers seemed to nosedive after the eye injuries.

No, it was another acronym that ruined Pettis

USADA

Pettis ruined Pettis and his genetics. He can't stay healthy and his wrasslin game is weak as fuck

His lack of fundamentals and subpar training camp have finally caught up to him.

Injuries, age, and probably usada

RDA showed the Pettis game plan to the world and everybody jumped on that and did the same thing to him.

Dustin Porier hardly ever takes people down the way he did with Pettis he usually goes for KO's on the feet.

No, it was another acronym that ruined Pettis

USADA

I remember that the fight was in Texas, with local commission doing PRIDE style testing... Just formality.

So after the fight, everybody was wailing about RDA being roided out of his mind, and squashing poor Pettis.

Now, some 2 years later, post USADA, Pettis getting USADA's is the standard, go to meme.

Sherdog is a fickle mistress....

x19yLEO.gif

I still laugh at that Wheaties box. Same goes for the UFC vid games. Stick a picture of an overrated, fraud, on the box...

Next fight is a loss. It’s money in the bank.

The UFC is a fuckin clown college.

He had only 2 fights at FW and he beat Aloe Vera and lost against the toughest guy there at the moment, Max. I know he had problems making weight, but so have other people, so maybe he could have worked a little more on staying at FW, I don´t know. Imo LW guys are just too big and strong for him now.

Pettis was as much a victim of the opponents he beat when compared to the ones he lost to. He fought guys who were tailor made to his style and or had flaws in the game he could exploit. As a result he came up with a lot of flaws in his footwork and wrestling.

Once exposed, those flaws are easily exploitable.

That fkn fight. I was never sold on Pettis, but he kept proving me wrong time and time again. Then finally the RDA fight comes along and I give in, thinking that he's done it time and time again, sorry Pettis, now I believe. Going into the 5th I was still looking for the out of his ass magic hail mary, but it never came. That'll learn me.

Pettis was as much a victim of the opponents he beat when compared to the ones he lost to. He fought guys who were tailor made to his style and or had flaws in the game he could exploit. As a result he came up with a lot of flaws in his footwork and wrestling.

Once exposed, those flaws are easily exploitable.

tenor.gif

Back