Did Poirier just earn a Title shot?!?

Is Poirier the next LW contender?

• Total voters
yes, but I think if lee wins he deserves it more. and you could make dustin eddie again. and then the winner would fight for the belt if ferguson isn't recovered by then

Let him settle business with Eddie and whoever wins on that match deserves a TS

I'm going to change my vote from No to Yes.
Obviously Ferg and Conor deserve the shot ahead of Dustin or Eddie, but he has earned the shot.

In light of Ferg's injury and Conor's impending ban/ retirement it has to be Dustin or Eddie and I think Dustin edges it out.

Yeah man!!

Give it to him. Odds would be stacked against him certainly but he has earned it. He has had a very good career in the UFC. And with Tony out for a very long time absolutely.

No.

I honestly don't believe Justin or Eddie are better LWs than the big 3

(Khabib Conor and Tony)

If he or anyone can beat someone in the big 3 then they deserve a title shot...and sadly Tony may or may not ever be the same again after that brutal surgery. I really hope he does.

Not crazy about it, but I guess it's him or Eddie with Conor and Tony out for the near future.

Maybe Kevin Lee if he dominates Barboza.

Oh yeah Barboza is fighting Lee next week. Don't mind me!
{<BJPeen}

I would say that if Ferg won't be ready in time I'd have no problem with Dustin getting the shot. I think in perfect world he'd fight the winner of Barboza-Lee but kind of only if Lee won.

Rematch with Eddie for it. But if Conor or Tony wont be ready soon... why not?

If Conor doesn’t step up then ya he gets the shot cuz ferg gonna be out a while

I voted yes, but I'm expecting Barboza to win next weekend Lee if he's dominant will have a better win, and be the #1.
Of course these are only if khabib doesn't pull some MacGregor shit and wait for gsp/conor a year from now, but khabib should fight one of these guy soon to give his title some more legitimacy.
Realistically Dustin v Lee/eddie on the 226/7/8 undercard with a "guaranteed" TS is what I predict.

Eddie should get it.

Dustin needs 1 more solid win.
Conor is out for a while.
Tony is out for a while.
Kevin Lee needs 2 more wins.
Eddie has 1 win since losing the title. He needs at least 1 more win.

Ferg or Mcgregor will be ready by Sept or November which is when Khabib wants to fight next.

No way Ferguson is ready in 6 months time.
With Conor who the fuck knows, that'll be 2 years since the Eddie fight by then so is he really going to want Khabib on his first fight back after that long?

I rather see Tony Ferguson against Khabib before Dustin. The fight has been booked 4 times, so the 5th time it must work. I think that the most UFC fans wants to see Khabib vs Tony and that is the fight that makes the most sense. Khabib the current 155 champion and Tony is still the interim champion (in my opinion). Book Dustin on the same card against Eddie, if someone gets injured then Dustion or Eddie can step in. If nobody gets injured, we have a great 155 card.

He doesn’t stand a chance against Khabib.. The Russian has bigger fish to fry in my opinion

One fish is not available and the other wants enough money to fill an ocean..

FXXQg6e.gif He is the most viable option available. Plus, I <{1-7}> Poirier

I voted yes but only assuming Tony needs more time to recover. IF Tony is ready for NYC in Nov. then him....if that is when they book Khabib.

If not give him the winner of next week Lee/Barboza for a title eliminator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back