Did Kelvin really beat Bisping?

With all of these threads questioning if GSP's win is diminished by Kelvin's finish of Bisping I have to ask.
Didn't GSP's finish of The Count really just crack his chin and steal his soul? Kelvin finished him But only because GSP did it for him 3 weeks ago.
Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

Would Kelvin beat Bisping if Mike had a full recovery period and a fight camp to prepare?
Does GSP deserve Kelvin's POTN bonus?

People don't realize that in this sport you can get clipped like that anytime by a solid, strong puncher. Ask Rockhold. And it can happen two, or more times in a row. That doesn't mean you're not prepared, good enough, or anything. A lot of it hinges on contingencies and chance.

Bisping has had two straight loses were he took shots. Both were clean left hooks, and obviously GSP gave the blueprint in the last fight. Bisping is relatively old, and old habits die hard. Kelvin capitalized on it very well. But let us not forget it was Roach coaching GSP who gave that clue for Bisping.

I think Bisping is still is a great fighter and that if he fought Kelvin again the result could be different. He just had a gap which got figured and capitalized twice within three weeks. No, I wouldn't pick him, but it is not as if Bisping is suddenly useless. He is still a great fighter and could beat anyone.

Back