Did Jones just admit he was on steroids LMAO?

Not an admission at all, just a bad choice of words.

Actually "off of" something implies "on" something previously

do you understand how language works?

No it doesn't. I see what you're saying, but the way he said it could've just been a figure of speech.

Saying "I beat him off of steroids" is the same as "I wasn't on steroids when I beat him"

If you say "I'm off the steroids" then that implies previous use. I'm actually so good at english that I'm able to detect these subtle nuances. You're taking it literally which is silly.

No it doesn't. I see what you're saying, but the way he said it could've just been a figure of speech.

Saying "I beat him off of steroids" is the same as "I wasn't on steroids when I beat him"

If you say "I'm off the steroids" then that implies previous use. I'm actually so good at english that I'm able to detect these subtle nuances. You're taking it literally which is silly.
That makes zero sense

That makes zero sense

Someone else feels the same way:

"What?

He said he beat DC the first time OFF of steroids.

He is literally denying using steroids.

How did you interpret the complete opposite? How much more clear could he be?"

If it makes no sense to you then you're not familiar with that particular english nuance.
It doesn't make sense because it's not a figure of speech or english nuance. People don't say that unless they're indicating previously being "on"

So if I don't have AIDS and someone asks me if I gave that chick AIDS, I respond by saying "I fucked her off of AIDS"? Lmao

I don't expect you to accept reality here because let's face it, I'm talking to a guy who's still trying to defend Jones right now

It doesn't make sense because it's not a figure of speech or english nuance. People don't say that unless they're indicating previously being "on"

So if I don't have AIDS and someone asks me if I gave that chick AIDS, I respond by saying "I fucked her off AIDS"? Lmao

I don't expect you to accept reality here because let's face it, I'm talking to a guy who's still trying to defend Jones right now

Dude. It's the way people talk. I would've said it the same way.

Some people say "I beat him without steroids"

Some poeple say "I bet him off of steroids"

You're the one not accepting it. If that speech proved that jon did steroids, then he would've gotten in shit for it. But lots of people realize it's just the way people talk. There's many people in this thread who agree, and obvioulsy many people outside of it who agree or they woudl've all swarmed on him.

If him saying that meant for sure he took steroids, then you're claiming it's the same thing as saying "I took steroids".

Then why no shitstorm?

Because people can see the nuance.

You're the one not accepting it. If that speech proved that jon did steroids, then he would've gotten in shit for it. But lots of people realize it's just the way people talk. There's many people in this thread who agree, and obvioulsy many people outside of it who agree or they woudl've all swarmed on him.

If him saying that meant for sure he took steroids, then you're claiming it's the same thing as saying "I took steroids".

Then why no shitstorm?

Wow

Someone else feels the same way:

"What?

He said he beat DC the first time OFF of steroids.

He is literally denying using steroids.

How did you interpret the complete opposite? How much more clear could he be?"
"My love for you, Jon, can bend time, space, and reality."

Then why no shitstorm?

Because Sherdog is full of retards and nincompoops that can't read between the lines. Did you wake up angry today or are you pretty much emotionally numb at this point? The struggle is real for a Jon Jones apologist.

Well seriously dude, if what Jon said was basically the same as "I did steroids" then why didn't the whole world come down on him?

The answer is because the sentence he spoke is not the same as saying "I did steroids".

Where am I wrong now Mr English Teacher?

Just imagine if Trump was held to the same standards as MMA fighters when it comes to speaking.

Back