Did George Mcfly ever figure out 1955 Marty was his son from the future?

What about Biff not remembering Marty - the guy who dumped a load of manure on his car, etc.

George would definitely remember Marty - the kid that showed up out of nowhere, pestered the hell out of him for a few days, got him together with Lorraine and then disappeared as quickly as he showed up.
As for Darth Vader from Vulcan, you know that farm family would be ranting and raving about the weird suited guy that wrecked their barn. Small town like that, George would eventually hear that story and that should reaffirm that he really did encounter Vader, that it wasn't a vivid dream.

And I agree it is creepy that the McFly's have Biff working for them. wtf.

Marty almost had sex with his mom and Luke Skywalker made out with his twin sister. This is some Game of Thrones shit right here.

George was an autistic peeping Tom. He couldn't even remember "destiny" with a notepad in his hand.

It woulda been so depressing to go back in time and find out my own father is a pathetic loser who needed my help to bag my mother who'd fallen in love with me.

I would have enjoyed stepping in for the guitar player though.
How did Marty have charts for the musicians? "Watch me for the changes? What changes? We aren't playing your dumb song, you just stepped up here. "
ITs a 12 bar blues, they just would have to know the key and they'd be fine.

A lot of stuff doesn't make sense but yeah they'd definitely remember him

WOW that gay line and Dr. Brown swearing may have disqualifed BTTF from all time great status. Just goes to show how valuable editors are.

Not at all. That was great.

I wonder when exactly it would have dawned on him. 10, 15 years in? Like, sweetheart, am I crazy? Who the fuck does our son remind me of?

Oh god. We are having a discussion discussing hypothetical logistics of a fictional movie about time travel and memory......

This reminds me of the time people were arguing asking why Samuel Jackson didn't just lean forward and poke Palpatine with his flaming sword of fucking death instead of taking a big windup swing.....At which point people started arguing over the physics of a fictional laser sword.

And now I am roped in too.

Ill admit, my first thought at future McFly seeing Marty after would be "When did Lorraine cheat on me?"

But obviously he would remember with great detail an event he believed to be an alien visiting him in the middle of the night.
Sort of like the shitstorm that was Hilt-gate.

Star-Wars-Episode-VII-lighsaber-joke4.jpg

He must have, right? In 1985 it had been 30 years since George and Lorraine saw 1955 Marty/Calvin Klein. That's a long time and memory is tricky. But i still remember stuff from high school (20 years ago in my case) pretty clearly. Some things stick with u. And an alien named Darth Vader from planet Vulcan showing up in your bedroom threatening to melt your brain if u don't ask your future wife to the dance...yeah I'm gonna say George never forgot that. Which means he never forgot marty, the guy who helped him achieve his goal.

Future George may or may not have remembered marty saying goldie wilson would end up mayor, which came true. He may have forgotten what marty looked like and didn't realize he looks exactly like his son. But i gotta think all the weird stuff surrounding those few weeks in 1955 that resulted in george hooking up with his wife to be, would stick in georges mind forever. I think he must have figured it out at some point.

What do u think?

Watch the last couple mins of this video. Pretty good stuff. Apparently the 1st draft of the script had future george looking at a newspaper article about a near riot at the dance, which showed a pic of marty playing guitar on stage, and george put it all together. So the writers and director may have at least had it in mind that george would figure it out.

Great scott!

One of my all time vaforite movie!

U know what will never make sense though? George hiring Biff to work around the house for him. I love that george made Biff his bitch. But that's just stupid. "Hey Lorraine, u remember Biff? That guy that tried to rape u that one time? Yeah he's gonna be working around the house now. Around u and the kids. Lol that biff. What a character!"

Haha yeah it was odd, and yeah he probably went ape shit in the movies.

It woulda been so depressing to go back in time and find out my own father is a pathetic loser who needed my help to bag my mother who'd fallen in love with me.

I would have enjoyed stepping in for the guitar player though.
How did Marty have charts for the musicians? "Watch me for the changes? What changes? We aren't playing your dumb song, you just stepped up here. "

And how 50s amp crank up that much gain!

Jim Marshall or the Messa Boogie team could have been there "Hey how did they get that much gain?"

This whole bloody movie never makes any sense. Because Marty wouldn't remember his now changed childhood because he never lived it, but his brother and sister lived it and they'd have memories of Marty living it with them growing up. They grew up well off with a successful father, would have had a whole different upbringing, memories, vacations etc. Basically Marty would have to act like he woke up with total amnesia and remembers nothing of his whole life. But this new reality Marty still ended up with the same GF? Their relationship would be totally different in this new reality as well.

So if his father knew his future some was a time traveller the father wouldn't know what his life was before Marty changed it. He would have lived his life normally post-Marty and become successful writer. And if Marty was born and raised in that environment he very likely would have never met Doc Brown, and thus wouldn't have time travelled in the new reality.

Time travel like this can't happen.
As opposed to the way it does happen? Second by second, into the fyootchah?!

One way to reconcile the time-travel dilemma is to accept that time-travel is one element of the one single timeline. That there is no reality where Marty doesn't go back in time, and hence there is no what-if speculation otherwise. He always went back in time and everything always happened where events are wholly re-written (and none negated). The father is BOTH a failed and successful writer; the family is both poor and rich; etc. etc.

In this: the father doesn't connect the dots, but the mother has an inkling.

Their knowledge is a result of their character quirks. George McFly is a dreamer deep inside his own head, as is wont of many writers. Lorraine is more of the salt-of-the-earth 50s type whose field of knowledge hinges on the banal, so any weirdness beyond what a 1950s girl would readily accept is simply ignored. But she does give Marty a look of familiarity, which definitely tips it off. But, like I said, a 1950s girl would think such an idea would be "fiddlesticks."

There have been movies that address how it is someone posseses knowledge of "both" timelines. Usually it's the agent of change who retains memory, having lived out the first timeline and being aware of the change. Sometimes it'll be the case where the initial memories fade under the weight of the "new" memories. My personal philosophy is that whomever is closest to the change, and the bigger part they play in said change, the more they will be aware of the change. The further down the chain of responsibility, the less the inkling. But this doesn't apply to BACK TO THE FUTURE. None but Marty and Doc and Biff are aware. (Marty's girlfriend, too.)

And did his mother remember she was in love with
Calvin Klein ?

No
Most people would not remember brief encounters they had with individuals in high school 30 years ago.
It's hard to get an accurate estimate of how long Marty spent his time in 1955.
I'm guessing he only spent 2 weeks in the entire timeframe of the journey. Therefore George McFly only spent a maximum of 6 days with Marty.

Back