Did George Mcfly ever figure out 1955 Marty was his son from the future? | Page 3

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Agent Mulder's Hair, May 16, 2017.

1. FyrFytr998 Black Belt

FyrFytr998
    That's a solid theory there Mulder. +1

TheGZA and Agent Mulder's Hair like this.
  2. chickenluver Bookmobile Driver

chickenluver
    Great thread. I've seen this movie many times, but never considered this topic. I mean I thought of some of the stuff like wouldn't his parents remember things like Johnny B Goode, Darth Vadar, and Calvin Klein, but never considered that there might actually be any hint that George figures it out, but I like the idea that he does. Very interesting that the first draft had him see a picture of Marty on stage at the prom.
    lmao this always bothered me.
    I guess that's because Marty tells him he's from the future, time travel being something Doc believes in, and was actively trying to master at the time. During that whole 30 years he knew Marty would eventually be born and they would become friends.
    That's funny. I can understand that criticism. I think what they were going for was that instead of Lorraine falling in love with George because of the Florence Nightingale effect, he learns to be confident and charming, and saves her from Biff, so that leads to them having a better relationship/marriage. Still weird that they have the exact same kids and exact same house though.
    Especially since he's their second son. Did Lorraine forget how nice she thought the name Marty was for a few years then remembered before the birth of her second son?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Prefect Purple Belt

Prefect
    The thing that I thought that was kind of messed up was that only Marty knew of the two time lines. Imagine going away for a weekend and then coming back and everything you remember hadn't happened. All that you remember was gone. And too everyone else, you would have seemed perfectly normal until you spent a weekend hanging around with a much older and strange unmarried nutjob.

4. drstrangelov Hey.

drstrangelov
    No, George was a fucking moron

Overpressure and bowened like this.
  5. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    Interesting... never even thought of all of this
    I love the series though

#freebanchan

6. TheWorm Black Belt

TheWorm
    I don't think so. The brain has a lot of strange self defence mechanisms to protect us from thoughts that are damaging to our psyche. It's why some dudes are oblivious to the fact that their children are not reall theirs sometime.

I think George would have a mental block that would prevent him from associating his son Marty with Marty Klein.

Al Gorithm likes this.
  7. HARRISON_3 Silver Belt

HARRISON_3
    I heard that there was a deleted scene where Lorraine sucks off Marty while he's passed out.

Apparently they had to delete it to keep the PG rating.

loyalyolayal, kevy2pale and TheGZA like this.
  8. Agent Mulder's Hair Black Belt

Agent Mulder's Hair
    <YeahOKJen>

Mike and HARRISON_3 like this.
  9. Dana_is_your_GOD Platinum Chram deal with it

Dana_is_your_GOD
    <32>

10. DaleBoca Red Belt

DaleBoca
  11. Al Gorithm Black Belt

Al Gorithm

12. ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

ufcfan4
    I think if he figured it out, it would have potentially created a paradox unraveling the very fabric of the universe..You raise a great point. Of course, we all remember stuff from years ago if it was significant enough and that whole situation- you're son grows up to be exactly like the person who helped you get together with your wife- in appearance, manner, etc. is a tough one to go with. But think of it like this- no photographic evidence of him, only knew him for a matter of, what, a week? While they would always remember his involvement in that crucial moment in their lives, I'm sure, there's little to indicate that they would be able to recall much about him otherwise- there's people who I hung out with in college briefly and if I didn't have Facebook to keep up with him, I probably wouldn't remember a whole lot about them either.

Not to mention that by the time George saves Lorraine from Biff, Marty has already become an after-thought in her mind as she's all about George and the use of the name Marty is easily explained- as their interaction with Marty their influences their decision to name their son Marty.

13. Al Gorithm Black Belt

Al Gorithm
    Maybe , but it would seem so crazy that wouldn't even consider that a possibility. At best youd be all " Man , he looks just Marty what's his name " and probably assume she cheated on you. The other option ends you up in a straight jacket.

The Alien stuff is probably written off as a dream / dejavu or maybe a premonition.

14. ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

ufcfan4

Excellent points of course. But time travel in movies never makes sense.

Back to the Future is just too much of an excellent, wholly entertaining movie to even gripe about such things though.

15. Agent Mulder's Hair Black Belt

Agent Mulder's Hair
    I always loved these. Biff is actually a pretty funny dude, and seems super nice. Who woulda thunk it

Al Gorithm likes this.
  16. Agent Mulder's Hair Black Belt

Agent Mulder's Hair
    Idk man. The name of georges book at the end is A Match Made In Space.

17. Jim Jon Stark Belt

Jim
    Great thread and interesting viewpoints but with observations like this, I must give the standard "It's a fictional movie" reply.

18. loyalyolayal Yellow Card

loyalyolayal
    Just rewatched this last night since the plebes I'm living with haven't seen the trilogy. I'm pretty sure they put those pieces together so someone on sherdog would make a thread about it. Honestly, I've never really given it much thought.

Agent Mulder's Hair likes this.
  19. Al Gorithm Black Belt

Al Gorithm
    Fuck if I know , I guess its whatever you want it to be. All I know that about half the time looking back on stuff that happened years ago , I'm not 100 percent sure if it actually happened or I dreamed it at some point. The memory is a weird thing.

20. Jim Jon Stark Belt

Jim
    I love everything Back to The Future so thanks for sharing. I think the idea of George figuring out his son came back is novel however i raise you this.

Do you think he feels Marty came back to directly change his and their familes lives? Or that the reasons he came back were unknown and he had to make sure that he and Lorraine recondile and get married before he returned to the future?

Agent Mulder's Hair likes this.