Did Floyd pull his punches?

Joe Rogan's Kettlebell

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I re watched the first thoroughly for the first time this morning.

I'm pretty convinced Floyd didn't hit him hard on purpose. He kinda likes Conor and is boxer not a brawler, kept his power shots to a minimum and just peppered his face.

According to 50 Cent, Floyd actually really dislikes Conor. Also, I highly doubt he pulled his punches because Floyd isn't and never was known for having much power in the first place.

If he did, that's not the reason. It was likely so he didn't break his hands early.

According to 50 Cent, Floyd actually really dislikes Conor. Also, I highly doubt he pulled his punches because Floyd isn't and never was known for having much power in the first place.
Bullshit....that's a misconception by people who don't know nothing about boxing, does Floyd have have one punch knockout power? The answer is no,but Floyd has power. Answer me this why is it that the near 20lbs heavier Canelo couldn't walk Floyd down. Canelo couldn't walk through the shots Floyd was hitting him with and in turn got walked down himself.

Last edited:
Floyd only threw single shots in the McGregor fight and never really stepped on the gas with combinations until the last round or so.

Even though he limited his attack, it’s hard to say whether he was pulling his punches or not.

Not sure if this is entirely true, especially after he put a picture of Conor in his new house

Bullshit....that's a misconception about people who don't know nothing about boxing, does Floyd have have one punch knockout power? The answer is no,but Floyd has power. Answer me this why is it that the near 20lbs heavier Canelo couldn't walk Floyd down. Canelo couldn't walk through the shots Floyd was hitting him with and in turn got walked down himself.

Exactly, I've been saying the same thing for years. Just as you said, it's something that generally gets parroted by people who know nothing about boxing - "Pillow fisted runner lolz".

Floyd has never been a proper puncher (at 130 he was close to it), but he absolutely has respectable power, even at 147.

That's why people don't just walk him down like they do Paulie or any other fighter who genuinely has no pop, a bit like Floyd did to PillowFists McGregory himself.

Floyd has enough pop to make people think twice about brazenly attacking him and being carelessly aggressive.

Exactly, I've been saying the same thing for years. Just as you said, it's something that generally gets parroted by people who know nothing about boxing - "Pillow fisted runner lolz".

Floyd has never been a proper puncher (at 130 he was close to it), but he absolutely has respectable power, even at 147.

That's why people don't just walk him down like they do Paulie or any other fighter who genuinely has no pop, a bit like Floyd did to PillowFists McGregory himself.

Floyd has enough pop to make people think twice about brazenly attacking him and being carelessly aggressive.

This, its not GGG power, but it’s still enough to sting more than a bit. I mean look at how beat up some of his opponents faces have been during the years.

He took his time getting started, but I really doubt he pulled any punches.

Floyd definitely didn't throw hard until the 9th and 10th round. But it wasn't because he liked Connie. It was because he didn't want to risk breaking his hands in the early rounds and losing the fight due to retirement with an injury. Floyd doesn't stuff around, guy is a total professional in the ring.

I'm pretty convinced Floyd didn't hit him hard on purpose. He kinda likes Conor and is boxer not a brawler, kept his power shots to a minimum and just peppered his face.

The only time Floyd really threw with everything he got was one time when Conor either hit him to the back of the head or below the belt, I don't remember correctly, but it was a moment when Conor threw an illegal blow, Floyd complained and Conor threw another. Floyd looked really angry and fired a couple of really fast shots. You compare those shots to everything else he threw during the fight and you will know for a fact he pulled his punches. Why? Maybe because he didn't feel the need to go 100% to beat Conor. And strategically it was also the smart thing to do. Why waste more energy than you need? It's better to conserve energy you don't need to use. That way you will be ready to go into deep waters in any round. Conor and his fans don't understand strategy, but Floyd is the master of it.

Floyd’s a pretty shitty person, but just for this fight he decided to be a good guy.

Makes sense

Pulled his punches and deliberately let him have his moments only so he could make it look attractive and put on a show. Imagine Floyd knocking Conor out in the first round. The Irish fans would storm the ring and kill him.

of course he did

it's business

he wasn't going to go there and take him out when he knew this noob at boxing is going to gas in 4 rounds
people need to wake up

Mayweather has never been known for power so no he didn’t pull his punches ..

Mayweather has never been known for power so no he didn’t pull his punches ..

giphy.gif

Back