Did Floyd Mayweather beat the fight out of Conor McGregor ?

If you honestly think he only made 30 million, you're either highly delusional or stupid...he's made close to that in his fights with nate, aldo and eddie...he made at least 15-20 million in those fights....in the mayweather fight, he made triple or quadruple that...easy...

Sure budz. Unfortunately you have no way to back that up though, so fuck off.

So what...They weighed the same on the day of weigh in. and not sure how that negates that conor was making his pro debut...haha

Making his pro debut against a retired feather-fisted pensioner who hadn't finished someone properly in a decade, yet still managed to finish the leprechaun<45><45><45><45>

Whether he "would have" or "might have" is totally irrelevant....conor never went down...simple...we can always try and guess what might have happened...but fact is, conor gassed...that's why he lost..he would have lost a decision anyways...but he could have gone the distance, with a bit better cardio.

No, what's irrelevant is whether or not he went down, because going down doesn't even always mean you are that hurt. Plenty of fighters go down and look more alive than Conor did. Conor was stumbling all over the ring. Whether you're done on your feet or you're done on the floor makes absolutely no difference, A TKO is a TKO, and Conor got TKO'd. That's all that matters, that's all the history books will say. I know it bothers Conor fan girls, but hey, nothing you can do about that. The all powerful Mcgregor got stopped by britle handed Floyd. That's the reality of the fight and it's funny as fuck. So laugh, bitch!

You should seriously educate yourself on boxing if you think this is what happened. Floyd is not known as a KO puncher anyway, but the pressure he puts on fighters and how he doesn't allow them to do anything once he feels they are helpless is something no fighter has found a cure for. Also, people are making this out to be some epic fight where Floyd took him seriously etc., it's a joke really. I didn't see Conor answer any of those punches and he was out on his feet, it really was a matter of seconds but referees are instructed to stop the fights in boxing after many unanswered punches and most good referees do.

In terms of boxing this was a weak sparring session and the only reason Conor "won" rounds was because Floyd had no respect for him and he stood in front of him with both gloves protecting his face. He didn't even try to play his evading game with shoulder rolls, which is again him not respecting Conor's power. Floyd also came there out of shape, which was obvious to any person who knows anything about Floyd and boxing. So yeah, he let Conor gas out because he knew it takes years to develop boxing stamina for 12 rounds, and especially when cutting weight it's really not likely Conor would have been able to box for more than a few rounds.

He also needed to put on a show for a potential rematch and another 100 million or whatever it was in his pocket, so let's not be dumb and pretend this was some epic battle. It was not a contest, just a show. Conor does not have the stamina for a proper boxing match, nor is he used to brutal in-fighting and constant pressure which boxing brings, it's a way more exhausting sport than MMA in many ways.

Conor did "well" because this was not a contest, but a show and that's all there is to it. Any top 100 boxer in the world could KO Conor with no problem if they came in shape and fight for real.

Even without taking him seriously I'd think Floyd being a seasoned boxer has enough power in his hands to knock out anyone, especially when he's able to take free shots like he did on Conor.

And if I remember right, Ricky Hatton wasn't able to take Floyd's so called pillow fists very well.

But I agree that Floyd didn't take him seriously which is why I called it an exhibition match. You just over-explained what I already said in one sentence.

He would have eventually but it sure took Floyd a long ass time to get that done. Far longer than it was supposed to. And the idiots that claim he bet on himself late, don’t know the specifics of the bet.. He could’ve finish the Fight in one round and still won his bet..

Most people don't see Floyd as a finisher and didn't expect him to win by TKO. Hell, i'm a huge Floyd fan and thought he would win a decision. So he actually did better than i thought. Some fighters are just not finishers. That's the way it is. But Conor is so fucking bad that even the worst version of a guy known for not finishing fights was able to stop him. This is a 40 yo guy, inactive for 2 years, almost 20 pounds lighter, with tons of serious hand injuries in the past. No matter how you twist it, when you look at it as it is, you really can't make this look good for Conor.

Floyd said he carried Conor. Honestly, i don't know if it is true, you don't know if it is true. But he did carry him up until the fight by telling everyone about all the advantages Conor had. If you think about it, Floyd cares about his legacy. This is his 50th win. He had all the interest to make this look at least like a legit boxing match. There were already enough critics of this fight. If he went out there and made Conor look like an average dude off the streets that would have damaged the credibility of his achievement and the fight wouldn't have been so exciting for everyone.

Also, let's not forget that Floyd is a businessman. He might very well eventually decide to rematch Conor. If you wanna keep the opportunity of applying another scam like this in the future you gotta make your opponent look at least decent, otherwise, who would buy the rematch? The reason why a rematch might happen is because there are still enough naive Conor dick surfers like you, who think he did good could possibly do even better with some adjustments. If the dude got fucked up in the first round nobody would be talking about rematches.

Even without taking him seriously I'd think Floyd being a seasoned boxer has enough power in his hands to knock out anyone, especially when he's able to take free shots like he did on Conor.

And if I remember right, Ricky Hatton wasn't able to take Floyd's so called pillow fists very well.

But I agree that Floyd didn't take him seriously which is why I called it an exhibition match. You just over-explained what I already said in one sentence.

Conor not being a boxer doesn't mean he can't take a punch. Nowadays Floyd also rarely punches with 100% of his power because of all the injuries he has had in the past. Koíng someone who is 20 pounds heavier and is very used to getting hit with everything is also no walk in the park. People expect to match but don't face reality as it is. Floyd is not a KO artist. Conor only got stopped because his boxing skills are that bad.

You're making up the number you threw out.

Even if no one has the exact figure there is enough information out there to know that Conor made dozens of millions from his "show money" plus the PPV cut it is also well known that his sponsorship money equalled or surpassed that amount.

So even if he made "only" $50 million plus the point is the same. He has comfort, options and the ability to posture and create a higher demand by providing a lack of 'Conor supply' all of these are clearly concepts that are above your head which is why you think in such basic terms like "Floyd punched him & now he scurred". What can I tell you bud? You're basic.

Even if no one has the exact figure there is enough information out there to know that Conor made dozens of millions from his "show money" plus the PPV cut it is also well known that his sponsorship money equalled or surpassed that amount.

So even if he made "only" $50 million plus the point is the same. He has comfort, options and the ability to posture and create a higher demand by providing a lack of 'Conor supply' all of these are clearly concepts that are above your head which is why you think in such basic terms like "Floyd punched him & now he scurred". What can I tell you bud? You're basic.

You really are butthurt he got whooped huh?

Conor not being a boxer doesn't mean he can't take a punch. Nowadays Floyd also rarely punches with 100% of his power because of all the injuries he has had in the past. Koíng someone who is 20 pounds heavier and is very used to getting hit with everything is also no walk in the park. People expect to match but don't face reality as it is. Floyd is not a KO artist. Conor only got stopped because his boxing skills are that bad.
Ok, you are right. Here's a gold star.

Most people don't see Floyd as a finisher and didn't expect him to win by TKO. Hell, i'm a huge Floyd fan and thought he would win a decision. So he actually did better than i thought. Some fighters are just not finishers. That's the way it is. But Conor is so fucking bad that even the worst version of a guy known for not finishing fights was able to stop him. This is a 40 yo guy, inactive for 2 years, almost 20 pounds lighter, with tons of serious hand injuries in the past. No matter how you twist it, when you look at it as it is, you really can't make this look good for Conor.

Floyd said he carried Conor. Honestly, i don't know if it is true, you don't know if it is true. But he did carry him up until the fight by telling everyone about all the advantages Conor had. If you think about it, Floyd cares about his legacy. This is his 50th win. He had all the interest to make this look at least like a legit boxing match. There were already enough critics of this fight. If he went out there and made Conor look like an average dude off the streets that would have damaged the credibility of his achievement and the fight wouldn't have been so exciting for everyone.

Also, let's not forget that Floyd is a businessman. He might very well eventually decide to rematch Conor. If you wanna keep the opportunity of applying another scam like this in the future you gotta make your opponent look at least decent, otherwise, who would buy the rematch? The reason why a rematch might happen is because there are still enough naive Conor dick surfers like you, who think he did good could possibly do even better with some adjustments. If the dude got fucked up in the first round nobody would be talking about rematches.

He never fought professionally in his life outside of the MMA arena. So how in the world you could possibly say you can’t make this look good for him is beyond me? This is Floyd’s world he stepped into. He was supposed to fail. He did fail. But he did better and lasted far longer than he was supposed to. Why would you bring up his age or injuries? He is boxing someone that never boxed. Let me say that again he is boxing someone that never boxed. If Michael Jordan at age 40 played one on one with somebody that Is some amateur basketball player how is that going to go?Conor is not a boxer. He is a mixed martial arts fighter. He is a elite striker that was essentially told you can’t use anything but your hands in specific stances. Not exactly a real fight for him. In his rematch with Nate alone he basically won the fight because of leg kicks. Something right away outlawed in a boxing ring.

He never fought professionally in his life outside of the MMA arena. So how in the world you could possibly say you can’t make this look good for him is beyond me? This is Floyd’s world he stepped into. He was supposed to fail. He did fail. But he did better and lasted far longer than he was supposed to. Why would you bring up his age or injuries? He is boxing someone that never boxed. Let me say that again he is boxing someone that never boxed. If Michael Jordan at age 40 played one on one with somebody that Is some amateur basketball player how is that going to go?Conor is not a boxer. He is a mixed martial arts fighter. He is a elite striker that was essentially told you can’t use anything but your hands in specific stances. Not exactly a real fight for him. In his rematch with Nate alone he basically won the fight because of leg kicks. Something right away outlawed in a boxing ring.

Floyd didn't face a bum from the street. He faced a guy that has trained boxing for over a decade and has the ability to KO people. Sure, he doesn't have professional experience, but that doesn't mean he can't be dangerous.

Why would i bring up age and injuries? Because both age and injuries can affect you ability to perform. Fighting isn't just about skill. The more skilled guy isn't the one who always wins. We have seen guys with a lot more experience and skilled getting crushed by younger, fresher, bigger opponents. It happens in every combat sport. Floyd is an amazing boxer, but the Floyd you saw against Conor is not the same guy who beat everyone for 20 years.

Not sure why people are trying to make this seem like Floyd didn't do what he was supposed to do. The guy is 40 and came off a 2 year lay off, barely trained, and still stopped the younger and bigger fighter. How is this a disappointment in any way? He carried him the entire fight, was never in danger and did what A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people thought he wouldn't do, which is to TKO Conor.

Sure, now everyone says "ohh, why did it take him 10 rounds do stop him", but before that the narrative was more "pff, Floyd hasn't stopped anyone in 10 years. This is going to be another boring decision"

Conor didn't do well at all. Floyd did decent but looked old and slow. If Conor had won a few rounds against a Floyd that looked anything like his old self and was actually trying during the first rounds, i would definitely be impressed. But Floyd didn't try. Anyone can see that. Anyone can see him barely trying anything in the first 3 rounds.

Floyd didn't face a bum from the street. He faced a guy that has trained boxing for over a decade and has the ability to KO people. Sure, he doesn't have professional experience, but that doesn't mean he can't be dangerous.

Why would i bring up age and injuries? Because both age and injuries can affect you ability to perform. Fighting isn't just about skill. The more skilled guy isn't the one who always wins. We have seen guys with a lot more experience and skilled getting crushed by younger, fresher, bigger opponents. It happens in every combat sport. Floyd is an amazing boxer, but the Floyd you saw against Conor is not the same guy who beat everyone for 20 years.

Not sure why people are trying to make this seem like Floyd didn't do what he was supposed to do. The guy is 40 and came off a 2 year lay off, barely trained, and still stopped the younger and bigger fighter. How is this a disappointment in any way? He carried him the entire fight, was never in danger and did what A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people thought he wouldn't do, which is to TKO Conor.

Sure, now everyone says "ohh, why did it take him 10 rounds do stop him", but before that the narrative was more "pff, Floyd hasn't stopped anyone in 10 years. This is going to be another boring decision"

Conor didn't do well at all. Floyd did decent but looked old and slow. If Conor had won a few rounds against a Floyd that looked anything like his old self and was actually trying during the first rounds, i would definitely be impressed. But Floyd didn't try. Anyone can see that. Anyone can see him barely trying anything in the first 3 rounds.

Michael Jordan at age 40 used to show up to bulls practice and beat the members on the team. He was beating professional basketball players and he was 40 years old. Floyd is not just a pro fighter, he is maybe the best one of all time pound for pound. 40 or not he is still light years ahead of any rank amateur in that skill set.

Michael Jordan at age 40 used to show up to bulls practice and beat the members on the team. He was beating professional basketball players and he was 40 years old. Floyd is not just a pro fighter, he is maybe the best one of all time pound for pound. 40 or not he is still light years ahead of any rank amateur in that skill set.

It's like i'm talking to a wall.

It doesn't matter what MJ did. This is not basketball and we never saw MJ staying 2 years without playing and then coming back at 40 to compete professionally. Floyd is light years ahead any rank amateur in skill set, and that's exactly what he showed us. Even old, past prime, inactive for 2 years, full of injuries and with a bad training camp he managed to finish Conor and landed around 60% of his punches and dodged over 70% of everything Conor tried. If this doesn't show the difference in skill between them, not sure what would. Were you expecting a one punch KO in the first round? KO'ing someone doesn't depend just on how good you are, but also on how tough your opponent is. Some guys have great chins and can take a lot of punishment. No amount of skill can solve that.

It's like i'm talking to a wall.

No you just are utterly clueless.

It doesn't matter what MJ did. This is not basketball and we never saw MJ staying 2 years without playing and then coming back at 40 to compete professionally.

Yep clueless.. He was out 2 years with the Bulls came back and dominated everyone in the league winning 3 more rings.. Then out 3 years again and still put up over 20 PPG at age 40.

Floyd is light years ahead any rank amateur in skill set, and that's exactly what he showed us. Even old, past prime, inactive for 2 years, full of injuries and with a bad training camp he managed to finish Conor and landed around 60% of his punches and dodged over 70% of everything Conor tried

Yeah???? I said this like 3 times already champ.. He beat up an amateur in the skill set of boxing. Good thing Conor was banned from kneeing, elbowing and god forbid kicking the former Pretty Boy Floyd..

Back