Did fedor just sambo chael ?

I had called Fedor gnp but second round though!

War fucking Fedor!

I thought Fedor looked incredible. He had a great scramble, lost position and was mounted got out with a well timed and well executed sweep. VERY impressed by his performance.

fuck Fedor still got more hips than Shakira....thay was gr8!

Chael really fucked up trying to roll Fedor. Should have maintained position and pounded Fedor. It was his only chance. Fedor wrecked him everywhere else in the fight.

It would be awesome if Fedor could knock Bader's block off and become a heavy weight champion again.

I thought Fedor looked somewhat vulnerable - as he does in most of his recent fights. His cardio is not the same - his gut looked bigger as well. He really wanted to keep this fight standing - even though Chael isn't exactly a jiu-jitsu prodigy. So, goodbye Fedor's ground and pound - though we did see glimpses of it after Chael screwed up his rear naked choke and flipped over. Anyways, I gotto watch the fight again - there was a lot of stuff going on - and one thing is certain, it was an exciting fight.

Yeah he looked better than expected but lets not pretend his gas tank wasn't the worse we have seen from him. Plus not gnping chael when he was in his guard was weird. Thats one of his weapons and what ultimately stopped the fight. He did however almost finish him after the first exchange. wow, I love Fedor.

Fedor dominated the fight with sambo standing and on the ground.

I thought Fedor looked somewhat vulnerable - as he does in most of his recent fights. His cardio is not the same - his gut looked bigger as well. He really wanted to keep this fight standing - even though Chael isn't exactly a jiu-jitsu prodigy. So, goodbye Fedor's ground and pound - though we did see glimpses of it after Chael screwed up his rear naked choke and flipped over. Anyways, I gotto watch the fight again - there was a lot of stuff going on - and one thing is certain, it was an exciting fight.

He seems a lot more gun shy after that Werdum lose.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fedor Is never In a boring fight. Even haters have to recognize

I had called Fedor gnp but second round though!

War fucking Fedor!

Early on fedor was tossing chael around like he did to shinya ayoki in their exhibition grappling match......DAMN

fedor looked every bit of 40+ years old but damn doesn't that old dawg still have some tricks or what?

Perfectly timed sweep from the bottom and his counter strikes were pretty on point.

Good to see him motivated but bader will be a very tough fight to win.

Fedor can show vulnerability, but his fights are always exciting. He tries his best and puts on a show, win or lose.

Does Fedor train in a cage? If he doesn't, then he may not have much experience with defending while his back is pressed against the cage.

More Fedor is what mma needs right now.

He is that clean cut and respectful new York Yankee values having team player.

He is not that individualist egocentric and cocky idiot that we see too much today.

Tonight balance was restored in mma.

We can thank the fair God that Fedor prays to.

Just got back from the fight. Huge Fedor fan.
Looked like a work to me.If anyone is putting in work its Chael.

He seems a lot more gun shy after that Werdum lose.
More like ground-shy. Besides Jeff Monson fight he was overagressive too much and is not being good for him.
Being overagressive got him fucked up agaisnt Henderson and many others (Maldonado, Mir...), like he wwas eating punches like a motherfucker that Henderson fight not even counting the ko itself.

He fights these days like he is black belt at CHUTE BOXE street fighting.

Just saw the fight again. Yeah, I'd say Fedor's reflexes - especially in the first encounter were pretty legit. He stopped Chael's attack with a big punch and it seemed like Chael froze in time being nearly knocked down. That was the beginning of the nightmare for Chael - the realization that Fedor was potentially faster than he was and had serious punch power to boot (to be fair, Chael knew and talked about Fedor's punch power since the beginning- but now he felt it and it wasn't pleasant).

As for Cardio - Fedor looks to have slowed down particularly during those punches which ended the fight - the punches were dropping slower and slower and then the fight was stopped, but those punches told me Fedor didn't have a whole lot more in the tank - at least for this round (Fedor does have a pretty good recovery between the rounds - from what I recall).

I dunno how Bader will fare - I haven't seen any of his fights.

Looked like Fedor of old. Cheal showed a lot of grit in there but still looked pretty bad.

Just got back from the fight. Huge Fedor fan.
Looked like a work to me.If anyone is putting in work its Chael.

Doubt Chael would work a fight where he takes sledgehammers over and over to the face.

Would have been much easier and better for everyone involved if Fedor just armbarred him from the bottom.

Back