Did Fedor ever use kicks or lose to kicks?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
I don't think he ever used traditional kicks or lost due to traditional kicks. It was all grappling & punching.

4959870-2614413738-13%2BFe.gif

Used kicks against Fujita, Cro Cop, Nog, Babalu, and Monson (duh), among others.

Not great, but serviceable kicking game.

IIRC, he did a leg kick or a body kick to "iron head" and follow it up with some punches, leading to the RNC

He used leg kicks very sparingly. He upped the volume of leg kicks a bit after his 3 fight skid, especially against the Snowman. Monsons mobility was certainly compromised by the leg kicks, but Fedor never put him away.

If my memory serves me, he more then held his own against Mirko in the kicking department.

Monson fight is the best example.

Fedor had good kicks and very fast too.

Fedor high kicked Mirko.

Switch left liver kicked Fujita.

Landed beautiful low kick on Nog.

Broke Monsons leg and sent him to the hospital.

Fedor much more of a natural puncher but had some very nice kicks in some of his fights.

He used leg kicks very sparingly. He upped the volume of leg kicks a bit after his 3 fight skid, especially against the Snowman. Monsons mobility was certainly compromised by the leg kicks, but Fedor never put him away.

Probably the most tentative I remember Fedor being (against Monson). He was clearly trying to simply get a win (even against a guy like Monson who was basically limping into the ring, as I recall it), which is totally understandable.

Wasn't the prettiest/most technical kicker, but he looked like he got a lot of power into them. Back in the day Fedor and his RTT/Red Devil crew would go over to Holland and train with Golden Glory a lot, so he knew how to thai box.

Versus Mirko he did a bit
fedorlowkick.gif

fedor_HK.gif

Monson is the only where he used kicks (low kicks) consistently, and he broke Monson leg

PlaintiveNippyBlobfish.gif

ns1WFu.gif

thumbnail_crop.php
method=get&s=jeff-monson-11-30-11-9-56-26-979.jpg

He could have used them more during his career, but did'nt fit his style, as he preferred feet ever ready to sprint

Monson-fight Fedor was already the shadow of himself though

Also, he kicked Goodridge a few times while he (Goodridge) was on the ground. Totally legal back then, obviously.

He is a good kicker. Fast and powerful. Watch his fight with CroCop to see it against a top level kickboxer.

Also, out-of-prime Fedor kicked the shit out of Jeff Monson.

He's a very good kicker. He just seemed to not need to use them that much for most of his career. We saw him use them the most when he trained in holland. (Crocop/Monson fights)

The kick he used to the body of Fujita was a beauty. One of the most ruthless body kicks ever.

The sequence when Mirko busted his nose is one of my favorite sequences ever in MMA. Mirko busts Fedor's nose like a grape with his straight and Fedor backs up and Mirko gives chase. Fedor throws a nuclear overhand right that barely misses and Mirko you could even see was like holy shit! Trying to regain ground Mirko shoots out a LHK but its in haste and he doesnt throw it as hard as he usually does,but its still a hard shot,and it cuts Fedor's head. Fedor acts like nothiong happened and walks forward like Terminator. Mirko for some reason tries to grapple w Fedor here and Fedor takes him down.

came to see high kick vs CC, left satisfied, carry on gentlemen !

pVxaGSZ.gif

Fedor beastin' it on the ground or stand-up is what made me follow MMA.

Fedor Bless.

Last edited:
Back