Did DC model his game after Fedor?

Espresso

Post USADA era will make UFC great again
@Silver
Reaction score
After current talks in the forum, about Fedor vs Arlovski, i rewatched it. And i couldnt help but notice the similarities between the two. More specifically, of that fight and DC vs Stipe.

Has DC ever stated he studied/ modeled his game after Fedor?

Black Fedor indeed!
<DC-Champ><Fedor23>

I don't think so. He started his pro career after only training in MMA for 6 months or so, and I think his style kind of evolved out of necessity. His skillset is different to Fedor's.

I think its more the aka style is similar,straight ahead bash the fuck outta guys and take em down when they start hemmorhaging ever so profuciously.

Both Fedor and DC are shorter, pudgy grapplers first who have good hands and fighting instincts.

Fedor is more of a destroyer and less of an opportunist.

Fedor is a lot faster, DC is stronger wrestler.

Both Fedor and DC are shorter, pudgy grapplers first who have good hands and fighting instincts.

I wouldn't say Fedor is a lot faster, the fact that DC could hang with top LHW fighters which were far better skill/speed wise than HW fighters.

Fedor is def an oppurtunist. He is a thinking mans fighter. Yes he tries to put his bear mitts on guys but he reacts and adapts very well to what his opponents do.

After current talks in the forum, about Fedor vs Arlovski, i rewatched it. And i couldnt help but notice the similarities between the two. More specifically, of that fight and DC vs Stipe.

Has DC ever stated he studied/ modeled his game after Fedor?

Black Fedor indeed!
<DC-Champ><Fedor23>
Black Ilyukhin.

use.gif

Fedor is def an oppurtunist. He is a thinking mans fighter. Yes he tries to put his bear mitts on guys but he reacts and adapts very well to what his opponents do.

Fedor knew how to seize an opportunity but he wasnt an opportunist. He fought CC standing and fought Nog in Nogs guard.

That's not what an opportunist would have done.

I wouldn't say Fedor is a lot faster, the fact that DC could hang with top LHW fighters which were far better skill/speed wise than HW fighters.

Fedor is a lot faster and I'm sorry you cant see this.

Fedor knew how to seize an opportunity but he wasnt an opportunist. He fought CC standing and fought Nog in Nogs guard.

That's not what an opportunist would have done.
He has a strategy in place but he is beyond just the gameplan. He definitley reacts to guys off balance etc. When hes fighting arlovski it was all standup,but i did notice him looking for oppurtunites to put arlo on his back when he threw kicks etc.

i'd say nah, not at all.

tumblr_n642czZmh11rofocqo1_500.gif

waxm4viq5rwz.gif

Nau5Dak.gif

Well Fedor is commonly known as the white Cormier so id say no

Thats unreal. Wow.

Who won that fight?

fedor did bro

it part of what made him a legend, really. even when you get dropped on your head you still win. i'm sure i remember fedor getting asked about how he survived that slam and he just said "we trained for that sort of thing"

yknow, training to get dropped on your head...

fedor did bro

it part of what made him a legend, really. even when you get dropped on your head you still win. i'm sure i remember fedor getting asked about how he survived that slam and he just said "we trained for that sort of thing"

yknow, training to get dropped on your head...
I thought you were trying to bash Fedor. But then you added two more pics

I thought you were trying to bash Fedor. But then you added two more pics

aw theyre just different man :) lol maybe i could have shown fedor defending cro cops head kick and dc getting killed by jon's

Back