Did Dana jump the gun on this Alexa Grasso tweet?

I will forever be shaking my head at how shocked some people get when a fight promoter promotes a fighter. Are you also amazed every time the mailman shows up with the mail?

She's alright. Suarez is a beast and easily the best wrestler in that division. The fact Grasso looked okay up until the sub and managed to reverse a couple positions means her grappling is legit.

10-2 in MMA overall. 2-2 in the UFC.

Obviously she's not going to walk in and just take the belt but she's showing promise and is only 24 years old.

Let's give her some time to develop.

Not everyone is Mackenzie Dern though

No, that was 3 years ago. He tweeted similar stuff about Yair Rodriguez in the past too.

Dana and the UFC obviously thought Mexico was going to turn into Brazil 2.0 for them at one point, but that's clearly no longer the case. The market sucks, high altitude sucks and most of all Mexican MMA fighters suck donkey balls compared to the talent that comes out of Brazil. So now Dana no longer gives a fuck. He'll cut Yair and feed Grasso to the wolves.
the market sucks or the fighters suck? maybe grasso can get better but she probably will be a top 10 at best. yair was badly overrated. and cain was great BUT he always got injured and what not and destroyed ufc plans countless times

shes 24 breh, still plenty of time to grow, many of the current champions have losses early in their career too

the market sucks or the fighters suck? maybe grasso can get better but she probably will be a top 10 at best. yair was badly overrated. and cain was great BUT he always got injured and what not and destroyed ufc plans countless times

Both. The market has a long ass way to go before hitting maturity, the infrastructure i.e. high level training facilities isn't there and as a direct consequence of that there's a distinct lack of real talent. Brazil is a completely different beast compared to any country not named the US. UFC made the stupid mistake of thinking they could replicate the success they had in Brazil. That's just wishful thinking.

Back