Did cruz beat Dj because of his size or skill?

Sorry about my earlier post, I didnt know real mma fans gave a shit about midget fights.

Doesn't your wife ever tell you ts, its not all about size its how you use it

The fight was at 135 pounds, but who's counting.

I know how much overemphasis people put on size and I know the difference between DJ and Cruz wasn't enough to make a big deal about, so there's that. A lot of smaller guys have outwrestled or outgrappled bigger men, so STFU.

Yeah but when you're fighting the GOAT of the weight division AND he has a weight advantage it's a bit different than when Anderson fought Bonner...

Despends on if you differentiate exerience and skill.

Cruz had dedicated his life to MMA long before the DJ fight. DJ on the other hand was still a part timer before this fight. He worked a full time job and only trained twice a week. This was his first fight after quiting his job to be a full time fighter.

Skill wise DJ was definately the better striker as he clearly edged out the stand up in that fight. However, he didn't have nearly enough time to flesh out his ground game. Cruz recognized that and capitalized. While DJ was nearly impossible for Cruz to hold down, he could not stop the much bigger (by 20lbs give or take) Cruz from taking him down. The judges saw that and scored accordingly.

If DJ had more experience he could have won that fight but he took it too soon. Hindsight is a bitch. Nowadays I'd say DJ is certainly better than Cruz was in his prime, and adamantly believe he'd beat today's Cruz. His speed and technique are worlds beyond what they once were.
Cruz would clown him again lol

Jesus Christ dude you are sad. DJ out struck him in every way. He landed the harder shots and landed more. Just say that you're wrong like a big boy and move on.

Pickett won because he muscled part time fighter DJ to the ground (couldn't keep him down).
How did he land the harder shots lol ? Pickett had him flying all over the cage with punches lol. DJ ran around landing baby punches that had no effect while getting slammed on his head lol.

Last edited:
MM was bothered by his speed more than his size in my estimation. They are probably the two functionally fastest fighters in the game, but Cruz seemed to stay on his pace easier than DJ could adjust to Cruz’s speed and movement.

How did he land the harder shots lol ? Pickett had him flying all over the cage with punches lol. DJ ran around landing baby punches that had no effect while getting slammed on his head lol.
DJ smashed him with head kicks and knees forcing Pickett to panic wrestle lol. Brad was too scared to stand with DJ.

His size meant little if anything. Their size difference is pretty negligible to start with. He beat DJ with his superior skill, i.e. superior footwork and wrestling. And he probably still would, even today.

Most of the people DJ has beaten even at Flyweight were 'bigger' than him, so size is not an excuse. And if you say that DJ has improved a lot and gotten better since then, well, you're basically admitting that skill was the reason he lost to Cruz back then.

You sound like a straight hater, MM was beating him on the stand up and was too quick for him. Cruz footwoork is overrated.He uses his size to take Mm down, and he look about 2 weight class bigger than Mm in the fight.

MM was bothered by his speed more than his size in my estimation. They are probably the two functionally fastest fighters in the game, but Cruz seemed to stay on his pace easier than DJ could adjust to Cruz’s speed and movement.

You're so full of shit, MM look way quicker than Cruz, thats the reason why he wrestle MM. The only person that is qicker than MM is Dodson.

You sound like a straight hater, MM was beating him on the stand up and was too quick for him. Cruz footwoork is overrated.He uses his size to take Mm down, and he look about 2 weight class bigger than Mm in the fight.

Two weight classes bigger lmao. I'm dying here.

Back