Did cruz beat Dj because of his size or skill?

He was winning all his fights in the UFC outside of Cruz, and still did respectably in that fight. DJ was lacking experience and proper full time training. That's a fact.

Also, Lineker has issues cutting to 135. DJ barely walks around over 135. Notable difference.

John Linekar quality at BW. Ronda would probably destroy MM.

Clearly someone who has never wrestled or cut weight. You have no basic understanding of how much 10lbs is to a 125lbs competitor.

I do love that you commented with such certainty though.

The fight was at 135 pounds, but who's counting.

I know how much overemphasis people put on size and I know the difference between DJ and Cruz wasn't enough to make a big deal about, so there's that. A lot of smaller guys have outwrestled or outgrappled bigger men, so STFU.

Used his size advantage and wrestled his way to victory

There is a reason DJ is a bitch and won’t move up.

The reason is he’s to busy playing xbox.

Bith

Skill.
Cruz was not as green when he got stomped by Faber.

Size.
Pick a photo

You clearly never watched that fight. DJ out landed Pickett (both in total and significant strikes) every single round. Not to mention there are only 3 or so shots in those gifs that land cleanly.

Round 1
DJ: 21 of 30
Brad: 12 of 30

Round 2
DJ: 17 of 32
Brad: 7 of 31

Round 3
DJ: 9 of 19
Brad: 6 of 17

You might win more bets if you did actual research mate.
Thats nice that DJ landed a few more baby strikes. Picket strikes were more powerful and they set up the 10 TDs he landed on Demetrious.

If you have a size advantage it's a skill to use it properly and win. Therefore it all skill and the best man won.

Thats nice that DJ landed a few more baby strikes. Picket strikes were more powerful and they set up the 10 TDs he landed on Demetrious.
Jesus Christ dude you are sad. DJ out struck him in every way. He landed the harder shots and landed more. Just say that you're wrong like a big boy and move on.

Pickett won because he muscled part time fighter DJ to the ground (couldn't keep him down).

I remember Cruz losing the standup battle so I'm gonna say size. I think if MM was the same size as Cruz he wouldn't have been grapplefucked.

Both. Dj wasn't many levels below his current skill level I think.

Really? We have evidence to the contrary. Compare the first Benavidez to the second. Compare the first Uncle Creepy fight to the second. Compare the first Dodson fight to the second. There was a massive discrepancy in results for all three fights. So either all three fighters dropped in skill level between the first fight and the rematch, or Mighty Mouse got better. Common sense says MM got significantly better.

The fight was at 135 pounds, but who's counting.

I know how much overemphasis people put on size and I know the difference between DJ and Cruz wasn't enough to make a big deal about, so there's that. A lot of smaller guys have outwrestled or outgrappled bigger men, so STFU.

Cruz outweighs DJ by 20 lbs. That's more than the difference between Jon Jones and Overeem. Except MM and Cruz are much smaller so the difference is magnified. GTFO.

MM was definitely the superior striker in that fight, so much that Cruz had to resort to wrestling him, so I guess yes size definitely played into a factor on that.

Back