Did Conor prove to you that he could hang with Golovkin and Canelo

The awkwardness angle doesn't pay off too much in the amateurs. Oscar almost got a draw in their fight and if that was an amateur fight all the early rounds would have been for Floyd due to actual shot connects. Relentless aggression doesn't pay off in the amateurs the way it does in the pros. I think Lomachenko learned this lesson big time.

Also, Floyd's loss in the Olympics was not a horrible robbery, it was controversial, sure, but that happens more often than not in amateur boxing. Also, he had one more fight to go if he won, so how can you know he would have won gold?

What I meant about conor beating anyone I am talking about anyone he could possibly fight right now near his weight class that would make sense for him. I can see him winning early rounds against Canelo, Golovkin, Thurman, etc. Until he gets figured out and gasses. The man has natural ability, that's all
Conor wouldnt even win a boxing match vs Nate Diaz.

The awkwardness angle doesn't pay off too much in the amateurs. Oscar almost got a draw in their fight and if that was an amateur fight all the early rounds would have been for Floyd due to actual shot connects. Relentless aggression doesn't pay off in the amateurs the way it does in the pros. I think Lomachenko learned this lesson big time.

Also, Floyd's loss in the Olympics was not a horrible robbery, it was controversial, sure, but that happens more often than not in amateur boxing. Also, he had one more fight to go if he won, so how can you know he would have won gold?

What I meant about conor beating anyone I am talking about anyone he could possibly fight right now near his weight class that would make sense for him. I can see him winning early rounds against Canelo, Golovkin, Thurman, etc. Until he gets figured out and gasses. The man has natural ability, that's all

The Todorov loss was a result of egregious judging. I'd actually say it was considerably worse than Conlan's defeat that received all that attention from Rio last year and it was only slightly below the travesty that was Roy's defeat in Seoul. Floyd's fight against Aragon was actually considerably closer. He would have been a considerably favorite to beat Kamsing.

How would he have any chance to beat a guy like Golovkin in a four round fight? He has nowhere near the power to keep Golovkin off, and Golovkin would find him easily from the opening bell. He'd get annihilated by someone like Golovkin over any amount of distance.

McGregor gassed in a fight where he sat down on about three punches and was completely and utterly incapable of keeping a 40 year old man who was at least 20 pounds lighter than him off. Based on that, he'd obviously have a great chance against fucking Golovkin and Canelo.
He'd probably have a better chance of surviving an actual hanging

Macgregor can beat anyone in a four round fight, that's the sad truth. The man has skill and good eyes, movement and is intelligent but all that shit goes down the drain when he gasses, he doesn't only become slower, he becomes dumber. A man with a high fighting IQ actually starts doing shit like panic wrestling, or that dumbass sidestep videogame move he pulled off against Floyd and got caught with a nice shot.

Still, fighting GGG would be bad business for Conor, even if it's only a 2 rounder.

Imagine how fast Conor would gas against GGG with the pace he forces you to fight at?
IMG_1228.GIF

It proved that in mma he'd kill both in under a minute by whatever he wants.

I think Floyd chose to let Connor retreat and run around the ring. You think he doesn't know how to cut the ring off from a retreating opponent. I'll trust Floyd's fight IQ, abilities and gameplanning over yours.

If that was his attempt to pressure, then you really shouldn't.

Hi Skip Baylees

mike-trout-has-lost-ol-mlbmeme-62-games-in-the-3254709.png

LOL, Skip was saying yesterday that Conor was robbed of a victory and about to knock Floyd out.
You know, if he could actually find the energy to lift his hands again...

He also said this was Mayweathers best fight and performance of his career.

This retard haha

It proved that in mma he'd kill both in under a minute by whatever he wants.

Yeah that really has so much to do with him getting obliterated in a BOXING bout...
Why do people like you pride yourselves on such nonsense? Are you 12?

Floyd was always a con artist. In rounds that were competitive, he had the ability to look more dominant and superior than he was by using subtle moves.

Against Conor it was opposite. He looked more inferior than he was during the fight, even the early rounds.

I mean sure... 40 years of age, plus being rusty due to time off, plus using a style he usually doesn't use, plus having a size disadvantage, plus Conor having an unorthodox style and performing better than Floyd expected... Ok fine... But just 1 punch in round 1 - really?
Floyd lacking the fundamental ability of knowing how to cut off the ring on someone who's not anywhere close to Muhammed Ali - really?

If we allow the idea that Floyd could've finished him much earlier if he wanted to, then you get the idea what Canelo, Charlo and Golovkin could do to him.

Conor would either go down on his face, or he would go down on his back ;)

Last edited:
Like hang out with?

He seemed like an alright guy, yeah.

Last edited:
Yeah he can hang with them for about half a minute in the first round until he gets with the first power shot.

Cotto actually looks to have deteriorated physically a fair bit less than Mayweather. Of course he'd destroy McGregor.

Cotto is definitely more shop worn than Mayweather, but he looked sharper Saturday night. I'm not sure how much of that difference is deterioration, versus how much is Cotto and Floyds strategy and opponent. But yeah, we don't disagree, like I said in my post -- Cotto would flatten Conor.

Conor was already talking about fighting Canelo

He himself probably feels like he's got a shot

I wouldnt even like to see McG vs. Canelo or GGG in a boxing match. I would feel sorry for Conor's poor judgment abilities, and it would be a one sided onslaught. The man is a father now

Fighting a semi-retired point fighter who is willing to slow down on you a little bit as long as there is $$$ involved is something totally different.

Man oh man. Imagine GGG - Conor. Just imagine. For real, close your eyes. Carnage i see, good it is not
Star-Wars-Has-Yoda-s-past-finally-been-revealed-993660.jpg

Last edited:
Conor was already talking about fighting Canelo

He himself probably feels like he's got a shot

I wouldnt even like to see McG vs. Canelo or GGG in a boxing match. I would feel sorry for Conor's poor judgment abilities, and it would be a one sided onslaught. The man is a father now

Fighting a semi-retired point fighter who is willing to slow down on you a little bit as long as there is $$$ involved is something totally different.

Man oh man. Imagine GGG - Conor. Just imagine. For real, close your eyes. Carnage i see, good it is not
GGG would crush him faster than he did Wade.

He couldnt hang if he was bit by a radioactive spider.

Conor wouldn't make it past a couple of rounds. Conor has never experienced the power of Golovkin (GGG can easily TKO mcgregor with a body shot), and Canelo just has the full package. Canelo has the power, speed, footwork, defense to just pick conor apart and finish him within 3-4 rounds, if not much sooner.

Lol! Quite the opposite.

Those would be fights where the commissions would get cruxified after it's over for letting them happen.

Back